collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition  (Read 172 times)

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition
« on: August 07, 2018, 05:30:00 AM »
Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition is now available!

At the moment, you can get it at worldofdarkness.com.

Damsel gets brief mention. The Voerman sisters are much more prominent, and even have their own dedicated Loresheet (a mechanic that allows your PC to become connected to some element of the VTM setting). The Asylum now has two main locations: the original in Santa Monica run by Therese, and another in Hollywood run by Jeanette. Aside from the main locations, there are Asylum franchises popping up all across America.

Rulebooks for the Camarilla and Anarchs are following soon.

Other news from Gen Con:

• Geek & Sundry will be streaming an LA by Night game series, so get ready to see more of your favourite Bloodlines characters (and given how many voice actors typically make guest appearances on G&S, I wouldn't be surprised if they got some of the original cast to play them)
  • Nice Game Publishing are making VTM - Heritage, a legacy game spanning 700 years of vampire history
  • Belladonna's Cupboard are making Vampire: The Masquerade makeup sets
  • Rusted Icon Designs are making World of Darkness merch
  • Onyx Path has announced we'll be doing the Chicago by Night book for V5

Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline Gurkhal

• Ancillus
Re: Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 06:51:54 PM »
Hurray for Bloodlines references in V5!

Offline Gurkhal

• Ancillus
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 01:25:19 PM »
Is it just me, or is the new fluff much more useful in actual games as opposed to fluff cool to read about, but that has very limited use in actual games?

I mean that since total Elder control don't seem to be a thing anymore the players' actions may have some meanings and there's a point in doing stuff since it won't all just be manipulated for the benefit of some Elder.

Offline Valamyr

• Kindred
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 01:22:56 PM »
Not a huge fan. I read it for fun. Its sort of a hybrid between VtM and VtR with a lot more room open for the storyteller to make his own story and less preset lore, which is ok.

Mechanics arent quite good enough, too many things are left unwritten for example the equipment section is woefully lacking. The hybrid of BP and Generation is nice. But really the big new thing is the hunger system and I think its weird. Blood points made more sense than constantly rolling to see if hunger increments, and its silly that everyone essentially just have 5 hunger levels max, its a really small bloodpool that makes for hungry vampires all the time. Which may be thematic but I know it would get annoying in real play and tries to fix a problem that didnt quite exist. Changes to humanity are generally in the wrong direction again, would be fine for a short game or a high humanity game, but overly punishing for long campaigns, characters would not be likely to stabilize at a reasonable humanity anymore but rather likely to eventually plummet all the way down. Disciplines are generally weaker than ever to boot with a lot of effects bumped up one level.

V20 remains the best edition IMO.

* Game Files