collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Question: Diablerie = Tzimisce Diablerising Tremere  (Read 173 times)

Offline crescentgemini

• Fledgling
Question: Diablerie = Tzimisce Diablerising Tremere
« on: May 11, 2017, 03:16:51 AM »
Greetings,

I've had a story-line kicking inside my brain for a while now loosely based on the concept of Gehenna: Something down the lines of a renegade (or rather independent) Tzimisce embracing a young WW2 field surgeon.

This Tzimisce having one purpose: to prevent Gehenna. And how would he do such a thing? Well, Gehenna keeps mentioning, as one of the upcoming signs, the dilution of Cain's blood and another, the rising of the Antediluvians. So his idea would be to unify the bloodlines, one way or another, to prevent Gehenna or even perhaps to match the antediluvians and therefor saving all cainites and ensuring their future, hence therefor progress, change... Sort of. This tzimisce, this sire, would be aware of the new age of modern technology, science and medicine, and he would also accept his "inability" to adapt (like most of his clan in this 20th and 21st century), a keystone motto of the Tzimisce clan, rendering him "unacceptable", unchanging, like a stagnant pond, where once water streamed through it, and now it is faced with the dread possibility of drying up. So his plan would be to let his childe learn all he can from him and if this childe is deemed worthy and well versed in the new ways of kine, the sire would give his strength willingly to his childe, all for the greater good and mostly for the progress of change, as Abel and Seth's Children are going trough... Now the childe would learn all he has to from his sire for this purpose;  the history of vampires, their origins, the different clans, past and present, and potential future threat: the Antediluvians or, in other words, Gehenna. Also, this childe, as early mentioned, would be a WW2 medical officer, but he would have be somewhat similar, by personality, to the ideals of the Tzimisce: driven so much by his... Profession, by the desire to preserve or even ENHANCE life, that he would willingly ignore the Hippocratic Oath, no matter the price : "First do no harm" (somehow, after much consideration, I feel such resolve and ideals would be appropriate for a member of the Nazi's SS, or at least someone somewhat embracing or at least considering the concept of Arianism, in one way or the other, or maybe Darwinism, as in "survival of the fittest"). Anyway, based off a plan tought to him the his sire, this childe would be taught  as much as possible about the other clans and would probably seek to make alliances, working and threading through the already existing sects and faction. If he cannot gain their help, he would most likely seek their blood.

Now my question is this : Would it be possible for a Tzimisce to diablerise a member of the Tremere in order to gain thaumaturgy in order to better refine his vicissitude and perhaps even expand it beyond mere flesh and bone carving, to pehaps even reach a point where he could merge bloodlines and so on? I don't know why exactly, but I feel that in my "story-line", it would benefit the new tzimsce and could be a possibility, or at least, getting the cooperation of a tremere, even though I am aware that cooperation may not be an option, hence the primary idea of Diablerie, would be beneficial for his (or his past master's) purpose.

Know thyself and the parcels of thou's surrounding, for thou art but the sum.

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
Re: Question: Diablerie = Tzimisce Diablerising Tremere
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 05:16:08 AM »
Technically yes,  a Tzimisce could hypothetically diablerize a Tremere but you should consider the following things:

Tremere are the youngest clan on the scene: finding a low generation Tremere is not so easy so most capable kindred wouldn't consider diablerizing a tremere worth it in most circumstances due to the risks of diablerie.

Tremere usually have high willpower due to their practice of Thaumaturgy so the chances of defeating them in the contest of will following diablerie are low and its more likely the Diablerist body would be overtaken by the persona of the one they diablerized.

I should also mention that Tremere are only found in the Camarilla and under most circumstance its unlikely that they would engage Sabbat so directly considering that they have Thaumaturgy and its rituals at their disposal as well as Gargoyles..
There were Tremere Antitribu which is how Thaumaturgy got passed to the Sabbat but they are now considered extinct.

You don't have to have tremere blood to learn thaumaturgy
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 05:21:27 AM by Radical21 »

Offline crescentgemini

• Fledgling
Re: Question: Diablerie = Tzimisce Diablerising Tremere
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 07:25:17 PM »
Oooh... Why thank yah, that simplifies the storyline a bit... But would it be possible for a less then a century old Tzimisce trained by his sire in all this one knew to later diablerize him to have a certain mastery of Thaumatrogy that could allow the possibility of merging/concentrating (reduce generation)/creating bloodlines?
Know thyself and the parcels of thou's surrounding, for thou art but the sum.

* Game Files