collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Elders ruling thou mortal puppets (Dark age vampire)  (Read 390 times)

Offline Karrgoot

• Fledgling
Elders ruling thou mortal puppets (Dark age vampire)
« on: February 13, 2018, 02:28:55 PM »
Hi All

I am planning to DM constantinople by night for my friends, and not from 1197 but 333 ish.
And one thing i have a little problem whit, when you read the history and it is written, Antonius 4th generation Ventrue was unable to control the succession of a strong leader and a series of weak emperor's mounted the throne. I know this is a fictional story of real historical events, so if weak emperors ruled they did.

The history up to 1197 is sketchy at best, it tells some of what happens end omits a lot, i can fix that no problem. But how can a elder allow some clearly insane people to roll the empire, how should i go about when i present this in game?

How is this even a problem, he just use dominate or presence on the porr suker "hey you are my biatch naw" or must all weak leader be immune to this powers?
Will the elder simply let the emperor do as he wish?!

Or are the actions of mortals under the influence of powers less abel to handle chaotic situations, so the master has to use powers of a lesser degree or first level blood bond, which still makes them susceptible to outside sources, or the own inhibitions. If this is the case are elders just slow to act or are they shocked to inaction and their children or other vampires just sit and do nothing saying it is his problem i will not intrude on his authority.

Or are elders so alien to mortal men so they can't even anticipate or foresee there actions beside the own plan?

When the book tells me what happens, when i have no problem, when it doesn't tell me is the problem...
I need help with this one, this is a really a serious mind bageling clusterfuck for me.

Thanks for your time.

Offline deicide

• Ancillus
Re: Elders ruling thou mortal puppets (Dark age vampire)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 12:39:47 AM »
The history up to 1197 is sketchy at best, it tells some of what happens end omits a lot, i can fix that no problem. But how can a elder allow some clearly insane people to roll the empire, how should i go about when i present this in game?

How is this even a problem, he just use dominate or presence on the porr suker "hey you are my biatch naw" or must all weak leader be immune to this powers?
Will the elder simply let the emperor do as he wish?!
The incompetent emperor problem could be solved easily by placing someone competent behind him as "grey cardinal", then fully bloodbonding and dominating the poor emperor into following "advices" of that person.
Nominal rulers aren't something unheard of.

Personally, I'd maked the emperor not "insane" but peculiar instead. Like, manic depressive yet highly competent. Such a person would surely stir the story up a bit.

* Game Files