collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Abominations  (Read 177 times)

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
Abominations
« on: October 24, 2018, 07:00:13 AM »
A question of WoD my brother asked me:
Abominations (those rare wolfmen not allergic to vampire blood who become half of both): what about them? The page in the wikia tells little to nothing. There's something else or that page is complete as it could?

The sarcophagus is a lie!

Offline Rubinia

• Encharmed by chimes
  • Ancillus
Re: Abominations
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 08:15:37 AM »
Idk much, but werewolf turned vampire seems fascinating. As far as I know, such a creature uses blood points instead of their werrie stat, what-is-called, and have really hard time with all kinds of spirits and other Umbra creatures, which consider such a werewolf as abhorrent... well, abomination, to be exact. They (abominations) also tend to go raving mad quite quickly, like a regular human-made vampire does when he looses too much Humanity dots. They somehow transform, but into what? Not really sure.

But I guess their werewolf fighting inborn valors are good enough to keep them very deadly for the time of their existence.
"Having created something so extraordinary one would die happy, if one died."

"One is the path of a man, straight and plain: the never ending Crossroads."

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 01:20:28 PM »
As far as I've remember to have understood, these rare exceptions are due to the very low humanity (or their equivalent) of the embraced wolfman
The sarcophagus is a lie!

Offline Rubinia

• Encharmed by chimes
  • Ancillus
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 02:39:13 PM »
Maybe the effect is colinear then. I'm no expert in Werewolf mechanics, apart from that it is helishly difficult to handle because of its mendled complicacy level. It can be, that kind of werewolves' moral code is to be applied here (rules like: You shan't aid Wyrm's creatures), but it's just my wild guess. When I play, werrie has but rage points, willpoints and health points.
"Having created something so extraordinary one would die happy, if one died."

"One is the path of a man, straight and plain: the never ending Crossroads."

Offline Palp

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 06:54:51 AM »
As far as I've remember to have understood, these rare exceptions are due to the very low humanity (or their equivalent) of the embraced wolfman

There are a few pages on them in Under a Red Moon. when a vampire tries to embrace a werewolf (why the hell a vampire would try to do so I do not know.), the werewolf roles Gnosis (Gnosis is the werewolfs spiritual power stat, it is not a morality stat like humanity.) at difficulty 9. If the roll succeeds the werewolf dies quickly. If it fails the werewolf dies slowly. If it bitches the werewolf becomes an Abomination (And of course the abominations first act is likely to be suicide).

* Game Files