collapse

Author Topic: Nostalgia  (Read 2404 times)

Offline Friktion

• Methuselah
Nostalgia
« on: February 25, 2013, 04:28:02 AM »
Holy hell, haven't been on here in a while!  Anyone else still lurking about these forums?  Graduate school caught up with me and whooped my ass in the time department haha.  But it'd be cool to catch up with you fine fellows.

So who's still here?  :smile:

Offline dellama13

• Neonate
Re: Nostalgia
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 10:24:12 PM »
Eerie, I just logged in to see if anything is happening. I would like to play more. I might have some extras(might not)

Offline Friktion

• Methuselah
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 07:38:09 PM »
Let me know, I'd be down!  I'm working like crazy on my dissertation, but I have enough time to log in at least once per day.

I'm actually beginning my first campaign here in AZ with some friends who have never played before.  Should be interesting...

Offline dellama13

• Neonate
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 07:48:58 PM »
Use Dante on them!

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 12:07:22 AM »
Almost everyone want to go back to that place: a roleplaying game with some creative writing and intrigue but unfortunately I think its more practical to spend 30 min in a chat environment then to try to run it on a forum where nearly everything goes by in snail pace.

So yes I have enough time to log in once per day and write a post but the tricky part is when having to wait on people who can't or when it becomes multiple posts a day etc.

Offline Friktion

• Methuselah
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 03:29:06 AM »
I think at one time we tried doing it through AIM chat and/or ventrillo.  But you're right that forum pace just can't compare to instant gratification.  :smile:

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 04:47:20 AM »
I think at one time we tried doing it through AIM chat and/or ventrillo.  But you're right that forum pace just can't compare to instant gratification.  :smile:

Its not about the gratification, its just that when it takes a month to finish a simple scene that in game time amounts to 1 hour it becomes absurd and people start to lose the sense of pace and interest..