PlanetVampire.com Forum

PNP Roleplay => Interactive Story Board => CD Neighborhood => Topic started by: Friktion on August 11, 2011, 05:17:42 pm

Title: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Friktion on August 11, 2011, 05:17:42 pm
Same shit, different day.  Huh? It's always the same shit.  What are you talking about? You'll see.

Suddenly you snap awake sitting up in cold sweat.  You feel as though you have been having a conversation with somebody, yet you are most definitely alone in your haven.  Looking around in brief nightmare panic, you are assured that you are indeed alone.  You feel groggy and your body refuses to move any further.  You lay back down and almost instantly drift back to sleep.

Don't interrupt. What are you talking about? Who are you? What and who's are not important, what's important is the when.   What? When. The hell. You'll see.

Suddenly you snap awake again sitting up in cold sweat, shivering.  The feeling of holding a conversation is back, along with a strong feeling of frustration as if you were bickering.  You look around your haven once again to make sure you are alone, but are sorely mistaken.  The pair of eyes watching you are unmistakable.  Suddenly a fanged smile illuminates the darkness and just like Cheshire the Cat, it disappears.

You jump out of your resting place with a surge of speed you have never felt and look for the nearest light source.  Much to your disappointment, the second you land on your feet a wave of nausea and vertigo hit like a tidal wave.  You try to steady yourself on anything handy, but your arms suddenly feel like two lead pipes.  You try to walk, but your legs are unsteady.  Just as you're about to helplessly fall on your face, you see the fanged smile again.

I said don't interrupt. LEAVE ME ALONE! You. Have. Been. Activated. What? Not what.  When.

You wake up on the floor cackling maniacally.
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Voidshaper on August 12, 2011, 07:33:40 am
But let the frame of things disjoint, both the worlds suffer,
Ere we will eat our meal in fear, and sleep
In the affliction of these terrible dreams
That shake us nightly. Better be with the dead,
Whom we, to gain our peace, have sent to peace,
Than on the torture of the mind to lie
In restless ecstasy.

- Macbeth, Act 3 Scene 2

Benjamin stares at the vaulted ceiling for some time, the impish grin fading from his face like a sunset, until his features become dark and concerned. What in the nine hells was that? He sits up on his elbows and looks around the open space of the loft, his hands pressing against the aged wooden floorboards.

He had definitely seen something here. This codswallop has got to bloody well stop, he promises himself. Was it getting worse? It felt like two or three nights a week now he would run into them. But this didn't feel like their usual gig. No questions, no 'Please tell my wife and kids that I love them' or the ever-popular 'Please let me borrow your body for a few hours'. I mean really? Does that ever actually work on anyone? No, this was something else entirely, and somehow that bothers Benjamin all the more.

Pulling himself to his feet, he walks across the studio apartment barefoot to inspect the front door. He concentrates on the room around him as he makes his way, trying to pick out every detail with his senses.

The man looks to be in his early 30s, an angular face carrying a spark of humor in his eyes. When out in the night, he can be found in his customary red corduroy jacket and scarf, dark grey slacks and leather shoes. Picture for reference:
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/Elladriel/Ben01.jpg)

Activating Heightened Senses and also wanting to check if his level of Auspex reveals any Obfuscate in the area. Rolling Perception+Investigation to check the room and the door to see if somebody tampered with it.
Rolled 6d10 : 5, 9, 8, 5, 7, 6, total 40

Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Malavis on August 12, 2011, 01:56:41 pm
The sound of quietly dripping water is all that can be heard now, as the voice in his head- was it in my head?- fades.

Ashford, the moment he gains control of his limbs again, immediately scrambles back up onto his bed and puts his back against the wall. Raising his baseball bat defensively in front of him, he tries to figure out if anyone was actually there, or if he'd simply dozed off while reading.
That seemed far too real.
Feeling sheepish at first, but gaining strength from the fact that no one will hear him here, Ashford calls out.
"Is anyone there? Hello?"
Hearing nothing, he gains confidence.
"I demand by the tradition of hospitality: Show yourself."

Only one person in the world even KNOWS this room exists. I had the damn door welded shut, and the only way in or out is through an access point only I know... There is NO way anyone is in here.

But still, Ashford waits, baseball bat raised and ready to deal with an intruder.
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Aydoo on August 12, 2011, 07:45:17 pm
She sits up in a room, that is completely black. No light shines through any aspect of the room. Without a thought she pulls out a pad and begins writing.

"He will want to know about this."


(http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9784/asianvampiregirl.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/508/asianvampiregirl.jpg/)

(http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8369/asianvampiregirl3.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/asianvampiregirl3.jpg/)
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Splat on August 12, 2011, 08:02:31 pm
Kevin opens his eyes looking at the spot where the pair of eyes was last seen.  Nothing is there...
Thinking to himself, "The hell was that...?"
He reaches to turn on the lamp realizing he isn't close enough to reach the switch he lets out a sigh of exhaustion.
Groaning as he makes his way to his feet he slowly walks to the light switch and turns it on.  Looking around for the pair of eyes again he notices nothing is out of place. 
He walks back to his hammock and lies down and closes his eyes trying to puzzle out what just happened.

Couldn't exactly find a picture.
Kevin has a scruffy red beard, short red hair and wears a black baseball hat, dark green overalls, a black long sleeve shirt and black work boots.

pic:
without the glasses and with more muscles.
(http://i.imgur.com/wIOPA.jpg)
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Voidshaper on August 13, 2011, 06:42:03 am
Thou know'st 'tis common: all that lives must die,
Passing through nature to eternity.

- Hamlet, Act 1 Scene 2

Unable to sense anything out of place, Benjamin sighs. Just them again, after all. Come and gone again so briefly, their hold so tenuous whenever they sought him out beyond their tethers. He tells himself it's for the best as he shrugs out of his pajamas. While he pulls on his evening clothes, he picks up the old black rotary telephone on the side table.

Dial. Click-click-click-click. Dial. click-click...

"'Evening Cheryl, how -" He struggles with the the leg of a pair of dark grey slacks, pulling them up to his waist while tangled in the telephone cord. "-are you, my dear?"

"Good, good. Listen, make sure you tell the others that we're scrapping the revisions in Act 2, and be ready when I get there"

"No, not the scene with the donkey"

"Yes, that other one. Thanks Cher."

"Yeah, I'm on my way right now. Rotten sleep. See you soon."

Click.

Benjamin does up the second last button on his shirt, leaving the collar open. He slips into his red corduroy jacket and wraps a dull blue and beige scarf around his neck. Striding over to the entrance, he grabs his keys from a nearby dish on the table and his wallet, shoving it inside his back pocket. He locks the door behind him and after noticing that the elevator is still being fixed, he grudgingly takes the stairs nine flights down and out into the night.

You know what they say; All work and no Play...
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Radical21 on August 13, 2011, 08:32:16 am
Realizing the metallic sound of his forced laughter, Adam Hughes stopped himself, the noise of his own cackling still eerily echoing his mind after the room became silent.
the sweaty blood drops covering his skin made him feel chilly as his eyes refocused, shaking off the initial disoriented feeling he quickly got up from the floor, genuinely wary , all of his senses snapped to alert , this couldn't have been just a dream he thought.   

His eyes darting to the door before looking at the rest of the haven. wondering if the intruder was obfuscated or hiding in the shadows of his chamber.

He moved to the door to secured it as he glances about searching to make sure while trying to remember the look and sound of the person that has spoken to him in the haze of sleepy conversation.

Still unfinished and I am unsatisfied with it so hopefully I can find the time to finish it but didn't want it to stall the debut post too long seeing how some people already managed to post twice, so for now:

Since it may be unclear he is Male, Caucasian, short Dark Hair, Green Eyesusually dressed in a suit that seem respectable enough while not too descriptive(Hey it was that guy with the suit!) with black shoes.
He is seated casually(in what should be shameless comfort but I think I need to polish that in the painting) almost falling out of his chair.

(http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5738/adamsketch3.jpg)

Using Auspex
If need be here is a Perception+Subterfuge roll : (https://forums.planetvampire.com/Themes/Catamosphere2/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 4d10 : 2, 7, 6, 9, total 24
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Radical21 on August 13, 2011, 06:49:56 pm
Adam  clench the door handle behind his back, narrowing his eyes in suspicion as they scan again about the room his heightened senses searching for the intruder's presence. He calms himself when it seems the intruder is gone, a dissatisfied frown on his long face, this was troublesome.

He turned open the door a crack, leaning out to glace at the chantry's hallway outside his room, looking for any signs of foreign presence about at this hour. The thought of another kindred, or worse ,another apprentice, sneaking into his sanctum uninvited, it was most disturbing to him, a lack of privacy he knew may occur when was confined to the chantry. Adam thought he was ready to counter such event but he did not anticipate something like this, this strange manipulation or a trick on his senses that left him so vulnerable back then..

'Activated' Adam mused , reflective over what the mysterious figure had said , that sounded like he was dominated or conditioned somehow against his knowing or was he?, frightening to think of mostly because there was no easy way to confirm this.

Opening the door more to move inside the door-frame he stopped completely and listened , searching for odd noises or sounds of footsteps in the silence. He admitted to himself that he did not know what he would do if he found that character, it was someone dangerous. but he must find him the owner of that voice.

Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: dellama13 on August 13, 2011, 10:15:04 pm
Victor slowly gains his composure, clenching tightly to black leathery collar. His gaze pans the room straining to observe anything out of place in his crypt.
Victor calls into the dark “You are lucky to have left with your life! Messenger or not, you respect the dwelling no matter how basic. Bastards.”
After a while he musters the strength to get up, fastens the collar to his wrist, flips on a lantern and surveys the modest crypt for anything out of place, stolen, or left behind.
should I roll perc +  investigation?
After pacing and shaking the feeling and calming the anger of his dwelling being violated, Victor gathers dresses into modest casual attire of blue button down shirt and khakis and heads out to find his pact and discuss this unsettling dream.

Characters picture is attached, sorry if it’s some actor you know, I thought that specific image suited what I imaged my character to closely resemble.
(http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b294/xLordxNikonx/Vtmchar.jpg)
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: legnathesheep on August 14, 2011, 10:40:34 pm
Max had realized he begun cackling, aware that it wasn't unusual, neither were the voices he was hearing, but this was different. This wasn't his routine laughter and he could feel it more of a manipulation than his own voice. He abruptly stopped, putting his hands to his mouth like a child and looked around again for those sparkling fangs that brightened the room moments ago. When he could not spot them, he calmed down again, at least in appearance. His mind was filled with questions, even some he didn't expect to ask, but his lips couldn't articulate any of it. And to whom would he ask them? The darkness usually didn't answer him back and as far as he could tell, he was alone, again.

He remained on the floor for the time being, not in any hurry to stand up after the last time. Someone would come looking for him soon. The tents had been set up in this new town on their tour and he was sure to be expected to read a few fortunes soon. Although he rather enjoyed seeing peoples' confused faces and took great delight in their new questions, tonight that wasn't to what he was looking forward. He wanted to know 'when'. This was the question that was clawing at his mind like a rabid beast, begging to be answered. He mustered up enough energy to push himself off the ground, thrust open the door to his wagon and scream out "WHEN?!" into the black and rainbow that was the busy circus grounds. A crooked smile came over his face and he sat on the steps, watching the other workers go about their business undaunted, and the customers looking at him confused. It was going to be a fun night.

I'll find a photo soon. Looking through google images isn't bringing up anything I like yet.
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Friktion on August 14, 2011, 11:33:56 pm
Mid-stride a splitting headache erupts from somewhere deep inside your mind.  For a brief moment, a searing pain overwhelms all of your senses as a sensation of a thousand light bulbs exploding in front of your eyes leaves you dazed and confused.

As time slowly ticks forward, you feel the sharp pain turn into a dull ache, and disappear completely before long.  Although the pain is gone, it is replaced with a new feeling. 

A feeling of violation

As if your mind, or perhaps your very soul, was branded by a hot poker.  No matter how much you shake your head, the feeling of something wrong lingers.
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Radical21 on August 15, 2011, 02:07:24 am
Adam clasps his forehead with both palms covering his eyes as his head feels like its about to explode, he manages to trip backwards and fall back into his bedchamber before collapsing on the floor in the confusing disorientation of his increased senses which he reflexively attempts to shut down.

The feeling begins to subside eventually yet it only serves to make him more aware of some taint within him, that something was done to him, something dangerous.
He stays down on the floor, this raises fear, with his left foot he kicks the door shut, twisting slightly dragging himself backwards further into the room.

He removes his palms from his head slowly as it seem the pain disappears, he remains on the floor lying and looking at ceiling, outwardly his mind is frozen in disturbed apathy while internally he struggles with the mix of beast's backlash at the feeling and reinforced notion that something messed around with his mind, maybe even irreversibly so.

Courage:
Rolled 4d10 : 3, 4, 6, 3, total 16

Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Radical21 on August 15, 2011, 02:19:23 am
Recomposing himself Adam tries to stay calm, trying to cut through and subdue this torrent of emotion, this hollow sinking feeling of despair that seems to reach out to swallow him, this is bad he knew.

Wiping the cold blood from his eyes he glanced up and back from the floor at the the desk, thinking of grabbing his cellphone to look at the time but feeling almost paralyzed by the mental gravity. slowly, he wills his body to rise up carefully, crawling to the table and picking up his cell, pressing a button to light up its interface.

He looks at the time
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Malavis on August 15, 2011, 02:45:47 am
Ashford recoils even further against the wall when the onslaught is renewed, holding his baseball bat less like a weapon and more like an object of worship, prostrating himself and begging for the confusion and torment to stop. With a groan, he staggers over to the large shower, strips down and climbs in. He'd been the victim of mental attacks before, but this was different somehow. Something was definitely wrong here. The searing hot water sloughed off the first layer of his desiccated flesh, his cleansing ritual, his penance. He scraped away almost a pound of dead flesh before finally curling up in a ball on the floor of the shower, waiting for this wrongness to fade. watching the pieces of himself pool and go down the drain, he is struck, not for the first time, with a strange kind of melancholy; drawing inevitable parallels with his own soul. Completing his nigh-obsessive cleansing ritual, he remains in the shower until reality reasserts itself.
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: dellama13 on August 15, 2011, 04:29:28 am
Victor collapses to his knees cradling his head, after a few moments but what felt like an eternity of pain he struggles to his feet. Having never felt this kind of pain before despite his self-growth as a fiend let alone at the hands of the pretentious “Kindred”, Victor disgusted by being slowed by some intruder literally playing mind games, steels his nerves and gets up.

He mutters to his self as he walks out of his crypt to the outsides, taking in the site of his humble domain. “I just may have to put on hold my fun in this city, to find this intrusive pervert and return the pain train he/she/it as felt the need to impart on me.”

Victor gives his suite a once over and dusts any marks off from his false start, and heads out to his pact for their esbat. He quickens the pace as worry of being late is on his slightly pounding mind. 
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Radical21 on August 16, 2011, 12:04:54 am
"damn" Adam hiss quietly, breaking his silence as he glances up from the cellphone to his chamber's walls , this feeling still hovers in the back of his mind, dormant, he can only hope none of the other apprentices have heard any of his mad laughter,  the room was sealed but one can never know with supernatural senses. No, he dismisses the thought, most of them are probably only awakening and they would not sleep at the Chantry, A "Luxury" that was typically only forced on select few apprentices.

He wiped his eyes again feeling flustered as he leaned against the table's wooden legs, watching his mess of a body smeared with red bloody sweat, it will all go to shit now if he doesn't get hold of himself and put these feelings aside he knew. Collecting himself he got up and fetched a towel. heading towards the bathroom.

The water pouring down from the shower were steaming hot, he dialed the knob raising the heat even more after stripping off his boxer, stepping into the tub the water were boiling like a fire now as they rained down colliding with his pale skin, almost burning it like fire, Adam preferred it this way now somehow, hoping that the pain and feeling of flame like  burning of his skin would cleanse him of the taint somehow as he scrubbed off the blood while still trying to figure out what the hell can he do now, asking for the Clan's help would probably yield undesirable results... he must lock and cease all thoughts of this subject for now, especially when in the presence of other Tremere.

Getting out of the shower he picked up his business casual suit from the chair, putting it on in front of the closet, he felt like getting the fuck out of that room now, doesn't matter where he thought as he buttoned up his shirt and put on his jacket.
Doing his routine he held the dark navy blue tie with both hands , pinning it against the center of the engraved symbol on the inside of the closet's door and going through the motions, quietly speaking the required phrases along with the steps , He didn't need any more shit going wrong tonight and by now he prayed that he is not going to get anymore headaches.

 it took a while but once done he was ready to head out, making final adjustments to the tie now around his neck before going out  and locking the door to his private chamber after him.
For the record I figured he is willful enough not to remain in his sorry state for too long.

Intelligence+Occult(Standard Diff) :
Rolled 6d10 : 1, 1, 3, 8, 10, 3, total 26

He is going to think it worked either way
 
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Voidshaper on August 16, 2011, 12:08:47 am
I pray thee peace, I will be flesh and blood;
For there was never yet philosopher
That could endure the toothache patiently,
However they have writ the style of gods,
And made a push at chance and sufferance.

Much Ado About Nothing, Act 5 Scene 1

The pain was madness, and the nighttime street below the loft gave Benjamin no asylum. He manages to stumble into the lip of a nearby alley not two feet from him, and crashes up against a brick wall before his legs fail him and he is on his knees, clutching his skull with both hands. Grinding his teeth he moans, biting back a scream that would surely wake a few neighbors. Without the current ability to reason throughout this maelstrom of brain rape, something instinctive inside him knew that people waking up and checking in on the crazy guy in the alley was probably a bad thing.

So he squeezes his jaw tight and digs fingers into his head as if to root out the invader. He bites his lower lip as the pain begins to ebb, but something isn't right. Not that any of this was... but even stranger was the presence. Some small transformation had taken place, from pain to discomfort. From utter cerebral agony to this odd and disturbing sense that something lingered inside of him.

Benjamin slowly rises to his feet, grasping the wall to stabilize himself. He remembers the nightmare he had woken up from earlier. He doesn't recall them ever behaving like this before...was this something new? No... in this world, there was no 'new'. There are just centuries and millennia of old things, Benjamin thought. But what could it be...? He slides back against the wall, one hand still gripping his temple, trying to recall if he'd ever come across this in his research before.

Int+Occult to see if he can glean some hint of what is going on.
Rolled 6d10 : 2, 2, 3, 2, 2, 10, total 21

Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Malavis on August 16, 2011, 12:09:00 am
After a few agonizing minutes of spinning free with very little understanding of his plight and trying to remain focused on the  cleansing hot water on his skin, Ashford stands up and steps from the shower. Towelling off and getting dressed in his dark gray suit. Deciding today to dress down, he goes with an eggplant colored button-up shirt and leaves the top button undone. He looks at himself in the mirror as he dresses, looking quite a bit different after his transformative shower. His skin, though slightly red and sensitive, is smooth and unmarred, its gray-green tint and slightly moist sheen glinting in the lights above him. His clawed hands, now free of the layers of dead skin that grow over his entire body when he sleeps during the day, are broad and powerful looking, capable of very real destruction when he feels so inclined. He looks at his face in the mirror- the image he has seen for the last few decades no longer holding any real horror for him, only a strange sadness. He looks at his hollowed, beady black eyes, with just a hint of gray-blue irises contrasting against the deep blackness; his hairless head, slightly indented on one side.
His crushed nose, flattened and pressed sideways against his face, partly recessed into his nasal cavity, and providing no true "bridge" of a nose on which his glasses could sit, requiring a bit of a modification to be done on any pair he wears.
His strangely perfect mouth and teeth- The one part of his body unmarred by the curse of caine, save for the fact that his canines and his first premolars had fused into one huge, viciously serrated fang, like a shark's tooth. These jutted into a sheath of flesh in his lower jaw, allowing him to very easily speak, despite a minor gravelly sound to his voice.
He took a moment to admire himself in the mirror as he placed his glasses on the bridge of his "nose" and pulls his jacket on.
"Not bad, for a trainwreck." he says to himself, smiling, as he sprays on some Gucci cologne. Pulling on his long black coat and grabbing his daily equipment from where it sits right beside the grate, he pulls himself through the mid-level vent duct, through the small maze of tunnels, and out into the parking structure.
He needed to get out, get some fresh air, walk the park for a while, maybe, and think about the strange dream he'd had.
Did it mean anything? He so rarely dreamed anymore... He couldn't just pass it off as nothing.
Being underground can do strange things to one's equilibrium, and though he hadn't had it in a while, he had definitely experienced feelings of vertigo when remaining hidden from open air for a long time. How long had it been? 3 days? 4 days? He couldn't honestly remember.
He wanders the park, wrapped in shadows, watching people walk from place to place, conjuring images of where they're going, the happy lives they're returning to or leaving. Trying to pick out the lonely ones.
It still doesn't get his mind off of the strange feeling that he simply can't shake.
Something is very wrong, and there is simply no way to deny or to hide from that fact.
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Aydoo on August 16, 2011, 02:01:38 am
There in the darkness, her writing becomes mangled and the paper thrown. A sigh would be heard if not for the suffocating silence that surrounds the room. Again she begins to write, this time with a fervor that was not know before.

"I wonder if he knows..."
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Splat on August 17, 2011, 07:19:37 pm
Kevin falls out of his hammock onto he wood deck with a loud crash.  Realizing that the feeling of something wrong isn't going away he decides that the best thing to do is to lay down.
Title: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Friktion on August 19, 2011, 12:03:40 am
You notice movement out of the corner of your eye, but like an elusive cricket it disappears as soon as you make it the focus of your attention.

You hear an almost inaudible whisper, like a soft murmur carried on the wind.  It isn't until you stop looking for the source of the sound that it comes through clearly.

Find the master of this power
Follow footlights at witching hour
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Voidshaper on August 19, 2011, 03:56:09 am
And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Hamlet, Act 1 Scene 5

Benjamin knew that this was something other. But what exactly, he couldn't guess. Sometimes they would come to him for help, or simply to be heard. Was this just something different, but still trying to reach out to him?

Recovering himself, he steps out to the curb and hails a taxi. He ducks into it when it stops beside him.

"To the Nocressio Elizabethan Theatre if you would, sir." He smiles from the backseat into the driver's rear view mirror. Looking out the window at the city as it marches past, he broods over the night's excitements.

Checking his watch, he wonders. The Witching hour was midnight - he knows that much from decades of delving through classic literature. But floorlights? He imagines the lights running down the aisle of the theatre, and then shakes his head. Well, he supposes, if they want me to help them so much they can certainly be more specific next time. There was a show to put on, and Benjamin would be damned if he let a little poltergeisting get in the way of it.

Benjamin checks his watch - what time is it right now?
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Aydoo on August 19, 2011, 04:29:18 am
She drops her pen at the startling movement. Reaching down slowly and cautiously to pick it up a million things run through her head.

"Here?"

"No one should be able to see anything.."

"What?"

Waiting a while for the first sign of movement she lets the room envelope her. This is her safe house. This is her safe haven. Anyone and anything that is not welcome is going to pay, and dearly. When the voice speaks, the room twists and shifts, as if the walls were alive. As if the room were protecting its master from harm. She concentrates and tries to figure out the riddle lain out to her.

Int + Occult
Rolled 6d10 : 10, 7, 9, 2, 5, 1, total 34

She writes her musings and findings, then seals the letter with wax, to be sent to him.
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Radical21 on August 19, 2011, 08:41:14 am
'The master of this power at midnight' Adam thought of the strange riddle as he tried his best to ignore the apparitions agitating his nerve endings as he walked cautiously through the chantry, trying to avoid meeting anyone on the way to the front door.

The power appears to cause symptoms of insanity though he did not feel insane , Dementation? if so the master of such power would probably be a powerful Malkavian, he did not know much about such power beyond the basic premise that Malkavians used it to achieve frightening insights or drive others insane, though like most disciplines others might have learned them, 'Maybe its a form of Thaumaturgy?' Adam stopped as he reached the door realizing that there was no clear way of telling what kind of power he was under.

Adam studied other clans to an extent but most of his knowledge did not go into the finer details of studying the ins and outs of their disciplines, 'Why these stupid riddles' he rolled his eyes with a sour expression written on his face as he looked back to the chantry's hall, realizing that he did not have enough information and yet it seemed that he had trouble letting it go as he found his thoughts consider the riddle again this time in ordered form:

Step one: 'Find the Master of this Power, The wielder of this power? someone famous for having mastered the power?  '
Step two: 'Follow footlights, a theatrical performance reference at midnight'

The way it was originally phrased was rhyme, like in a poem, a connection , perhaps they were both meant to occur at the same place, Adam was fairly confident the creep was not so foolish as to remain physically at the chantry so it made more sense that way if it was a kindred that caused all of this.
"Whatever" he hissed, the possibilities were endless and this could all be some hoax cooked by one of the other Apprentices by some unearthly means, still it got him out of his chambers and made it uneasy to stay there, he might as well leave his study to feed and check it out along the way...

Stepping out into the street Adam took out his Smartphone , checking online for performances at midnight before taking a taxi to the Theater where it is at.
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: dellama13 on August 20, 2011, 02:09:12 am
Victor steadies himself over the constant mental and now physical maybe psychic intrusions that are running rampant.
He quickens his pace crossing the street to get to his packs meeting and ponders to himself this latest mental, maybe even physical stalking.

" What Find the master of this Power, what power, being annoying and rude? That could be any bastard self-absorbed "Kindred" in the city, or even a strong Cainite. "

Victor slows his pace and thinks more deeply about first what other clans could employ this kind of mental invasion. He dismisses the thought as it being an attack upon further thought as so far it as been rude but informative.

He picks up the pace and grins a little as a remote thought enters his mind. "Perhaps it is the Hand, I do not think I am worthy, but perhaps, maybe the Priest Jonathan will know more. Or just deem me insane finally"
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Malavis on August 23, 2011, 02:51:19 am
Ashford wanders the park for a few minutes, skirting the outside edges of the treeline, and allowing his feet to take him in the direction of this strange feeling. Suddenly, he is off at a run, sprinting across the street, and, in his haste, very nearly getting run down by a cab. A blur of red in the back seat is all that he sees, as he stumbles. Regaining his footing, Ashford continues onward down back alleys, the purpose in his footsteps taking on a life of its own- driving him onward. For several minutes, Ashford simply runs, letting something deep within him guide him in the right direction.
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Aydoo on August 29, 2011, 07:31:07 pm
Time passes. She sits and waits for an attack that never comes. Reaching upward she pulls a small silver cord, and banishes the shadows from the room.

A Half-Japanese woman sits in her small soft office chair, the drafting desk nearly dwarfing her in comparison. She spins the chair around slowly eying the surroundings to make sure. Being extra careful to consider the corners and other places one could hide. Impossible. There is only one entrance. No one could. Thoughts of bogeymen and other ne're-do-wells fade from focus and she picks up her letter. She lets the robe she was wearing drop, and she head to the door of the room, unlocking it and entering through what seems to be a closet to the bed room of a small flat. Each of the objects in the rooms, is perfectly aligned and feng shuied for the greatest effect. There is peace and serenity here.

Upon entering the kitchen area, she picks up a phone that had been charging on a wall socket and dials a number that is ingrained in to her mind.

"Yeah. Harold. Its me. I have a missive for him. Please pick it up as soon as you can. Yes. It'll be in the usual place. This one is quite important. Be careful. There are strange things afoot here. No. I'm not sure. I think something is making a move though. ... ... Yes. He should be on guard as well. Kay. Goodbye."

She takes the letter dropping it into a hidden lock-box, then returns to the bedroom and a small window of light sitting on a small economical table. She begins pressing keys and searches for more meaning in the riddle presented.

Int +Comp Diff 8
Rolled 4d10>9 : 7, 6, 3, 3, total 0
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Aydoo on August 29, 2011, 08:02:59 pm
"Hngg.. No good. Already knew this... Oh those are cute slippers.."

After time passes and no luck she turns to the closet.

"More input needed.."

Standing up she walks over and slides the large mirrored door open revealing a plethora of dresses and outfits in many styles from gothic lolita and sweet lolita, to harajuku street fashion and visual kei, and some with a more traditional culture flair.

She selects for the moment an elegant and simple sweet lolita dress, with all the trimmings. Pink, prim, and proper. After grabbing her umbrella and spending way too long affixing her hair she heads out into the night; dropping the lock box off into a larger steel deposit box outside the haven.
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Aydoo on August 29, 2011, 08:24:23 pm
Having traveled to the local University's Library she begins to research for a time.

Rolled 4d10 : 3, 8, 6, 3, total 20

She wears a pink version of this
 (http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/1330/gothiclolita.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/gothiclolita.jpg/)

And drives this, but with pink and fuzzy interior:
(http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4027/newfiat500.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/newfiat500.jpg/)
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Aydoo on August 29, 2011, 09:04:41 pm
She arrives at another destination with two young college girls in tow, gaining entrance, and humoring their needs until they are seated.


Kept this vague, but wanted to have some kind of post to keep track of the private stuff that just happened.
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Malavis on August 29, 2011, 09:10:45 pm
For what feels like hours, Ashford runs.

At first it was unsure, shuffling steps that lead him forward, but after a while, his feet pound the pavement with determination. Sprinting onward, vaulting over fences in back alleys and always finding a way through somehow, he bursts out into the street, his eyes searching for some kind of clue. Then he sees it...
The witching hour? What???
As a child of faith more than reason, Ashford recognizes this as a sign, at the very least.
Of course, it's a bit of a mixed blessing when he turns and sees a bus bearing down on him in the middle of the street.
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Malavis on August 29, 2011, 09:13:20 pm
Dex+Dodge
Rolled 3d10>5 : 9, 3, 4, total 9
Ashford swallows the lump in his throat and dives forward, rolling down and away from the wheels of the bus, hoping that at the very worst he'll be clipped by the bumper instead of being run under the wheels.
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Malavis on August 29, 2011, 09:15:46 pm
Wits+Stealth to hold onto Obfuscate
Rolled 6d10 : 2, 1, 3, 5, 3, 10, total 24

Ashford rolls into the street and immediately makes a dive for the nearest point of cover. Things like that could break his ability to hide, and he didn't want to take the chance.

Stopping for a moment behind a dumpster, Ashford collects himself.
The witching hour? What does it all mean?
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Friktion on August 29, 2011, 09:23:37 pm
Ashford holds his breath out of habit as he looks around to see if anybody notices him.  After a few moments it becomes obvious from the lack of commotion that his illusion holds.  Standing up, he notices the bus stop advertisement.

"Come to the one-time only revival of Shakespeare's Hamlet at Nocressio Elizabethan Theatre! Show is from 9:00pm to the Witching Hour! (midnight)
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Malavis on August 29, 2011, 09:26:58 pm
"Ben??? You're behind this? You son of a bitch..."
Ashford smirks a little bit, and finds himself wondering how the little fruit could have contacted him in his own haven.
"Yknow you could've just called my cell, Langrische."
Ashford is off and running.
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Malavis on August 29, 2011, 11:01:52 pm
After about 5 minutes at a total sprint, Ashford realizes how bloody far he still has to go to get to the theatre. He slows to a walk and begins looking at people on the sidewalk, eyeing them up for a while.
Mask of a Thousand Faces on a random, average looking male passerby.
Rolled 3d10>6 : 9, 4, 8, total 17
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Malavis on August 29, 2011, 11:03:40 pm
Ashford ducks into a side alley, and emerges as a middle-aged man dressed in a dark brown jacket.
He flags down a cab in the street, and instructs the driver to take him to the theatre.
This beats the shit out of walking.
Title: Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
Post by: Splat on August 30, 2011, 05:03:53 am
Kevin thinks to himself about what he heard... "footlights....witching hour...."  Having not a great idea what these are he decides to go to his computer and do some research.

int+academics
Rolled 3d10 : 3, 6, 9, total 18

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal