collapse

Author Topic: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet  (Read 10415 times)

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2011, 09:10:45 PM »
For what feels like hours, Ashford runs.

At first it was unsure, shuffling steps that lead him forward, but after a while, his feet pound the pavement with determination. Sprinting onward, vaulting over fences in back alleys and always finding a way through somehow, he bursts out into the street, his eyes searching for some kind of clue. Then he sees it...
The witching hour? What???
As a child of faith more than reason, Ashford recognizes this as a sign, at the very least.
Of course, it's a bit of a mixed blessing when he turns and sees a bus bearing down on him in the middle of the street.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2011, 09:13:20 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Dex+Dodge [blockquote]Rolled 3d10>5 : 9, 3, 4, total 9[/blockquote]
Ashford swallows the lump in his throat and dives forward, rolling down and away from the wheels of the bus, hoping that at the very worst he'll be clipped by the bumper instead of being run under the wheels.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2011, 09:15:46 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Wits+Stealth to hold onto Obfuscate [blockquote]Rolled 6d10 : 2, 1, 3, 5, 3, 10, total 24[/blockquote]

Ashford rolls into the street and immediately makes a dive for the nearest point of cover. Things like that could break his ability to hide, and he didn't want to take the chance.

Stopping for a moment behind a dumpster, Ashford collects himself.
The witching hour? What does it all mean?

Offline Friktion

  • Moderator
  • Methuselah
  • *****
  • Posts: 327
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2011, 09:23:37 PM »
Ashford holds his breath out of habit as he looks around to see if anybody notices him.  After a few moments it becomes obvious from the lack of commotion that his illusion holds.  Standing up, he notices the bus stop advertisement.

"Come to the one-time only revival of Shakespeare's Hamlet at Nocressio Elizabethan Theatre! Show is from 9:00pm to the Witching Hour! (midnight)

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2011, 09:26:58 PM »
"Ben??? You're behind this? You son of a bitch..."
Ashford smirks a little bit, and finds himself wondering how the little fruit could have contacted him in his own haven.
"Yknow you could've just called my cell, Langrische."
Ashford is off and running.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:28:41 PM by Malavis »

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2011, 11:01:52 PM »
After about 5 minutes at a total sprint, Ashford realizes how bloody far he still has to go to get to the theatre. He slows to a walk and begins looking at people on the sidewalk, eyeing them up for a while.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Mask of a Thousand Faces on a random, average looking male passerby. [blockquote]Rolled 3d10>6 : 9, 4, 8, total 17[/blockquote]

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2011, 11:03:40 PM »
Ashford ducks into a side alley, and emerges as a middle-aged man dressed in a dark brown jacket.
He flags down a cab in the street, and instructs the driver to take him to the theatre.
This beats the shit out of walking.

Offline Splat

  • Fledgling
  • *
  • Posts: 5
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 05:03:53 AM »
Kevin thinks to himself about what he heard... "footlights....witching hour...."  Having not a great idea what these are he decides to go to his computer and do some research.

Spoiler for Hiden:
int+academics
[blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 3, 6, 9, total 18[/blockquote]