collapse

* Notice

Important notice: On 28th December 2019 we moved to a new server. Please let us know if you run into any issues.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet  (Read 10748 times)

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 12:04:54 AM »
"damn" Adam hiss quietly, breaking his silence as he glances up from the cellphone to his chamber's walls , this feeling still hovers in the back of his mind, dormant, he can only hope none of the other apprentices have heard any of his mad laughter,  the room was sealed but one can never know with supernatural senses. No, he dismisses the thought, most of them are probably only awakening and they would not sleep at the Chantry, A "Luxury" that was typically only forced on select few apprentices.

He wiped his eyes again feeling flustered as he leaned against the table's wooden legs, watching his mess of a body smeared with red bloody sweat, it will all go to shit now if he doesn't get hold of himself and put these feelings aside he knew. Collecting himself he got up and fetched a towel. heading towards the bathroom.

The water pouring down from the shower were steaming hot, he dialed the knob raising the heat even more after stripping off his boxer, stepping into the tub the water were boiling like a fire now as they rained down colliding with his pale skin, almost burning it like fire, Adam preferred it this way now somehow, hoping that the pain and feeling of flame like  burning of his skin would cleanse him of the taint somehow as he scrubbed off the blood while still trying to figure out what the hell can he do now, asking for the Clan's help would probably yield undesirable results... he must lock and cease all thoughts of this subject for now, especially when in the presence of other Tremere.

Getting out of the shower he picked up his business casual suit from the chair, putting it on in front of the closet, he felt like getting the fuck out of that room now, doesn't matter where he thought as he buttoned up his shirt and put on his jacket.
Doing his routine he held the dark navy blue tie with both hands , pinning it against the center of the engraved symbol on the inside of the closet's door and going through the motions, quietly speaking the required phrases along with the steps , He didn't need any more shit going wrong tonight and by now he prayed that he is not going to get anymore headaches.

 it took a while but once done he was ready to head out, making final adjustments to the tie now around his neck before going out  and locking the door to his private chamber after him.
Spoiler for Hiden:
For the record I figured he is willful enough not to remain in his sorry state for too long.

Intelligence+Occult(Standard Diff) :
Rolled 6d10 : 1, 1, 3, 8, 10, 3, total 26

He is going to think it worked either way
 

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 12:08:47 AM »
I pray thee peace, I will be flesh and blood;
For there was never yet philosopher
That could endure the toothache patiently,
However they have writ the style of gods,
And made a push at chance and sufferance.

Much Ado About Nothing, Act 5 Scene 1


The pain was madness, and the nighttime street below the loft gave Benjamin no asylum. He manages to stumble into the lip of a nearby alley not two feet from him, and crashes up against a brick wall before his legs fail him and he is on his knees, clutching his skull with both hands. Grinding his teeth he moans, biting back a scream that would surely wake a few neighbors. Without the current ability to reason throughout this maelstrom of brain rape, something instinctive inside him knew that people waking up and checking in on the crazy guy in the alley was probably a bad thing.

So he squeezes his jaw tight and digs fingers into his head as if to root out the invader. He bites his lower lip as the pain begins to ebb, but something isn't right. Not that any of this was... but even stranger was the presence. Some small transformation had taken place, from pain to discomfort. From utter cerebral agony to this odd and disturbing sense that something lingered inside of him.

Benjamin slowly rises to his feet, grasping the wall to stabilize himself. He remembers the nightmare he had woken up from earlier. He doesn't recall them ever behaving like this before...was this something new? No... in this world, there was no 'new'. There are just centuries and millennia of old things, Benjamin thought. But what could it be...? He slides back against the wall, one hand still gripping his temple, trying to recall if he'd ever come across this in his research before.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Int+Occult to see if he can glean some hint of what is going on.
Rolled 6d10 : 2, 2, 3, 2, 2, 10, total 21


Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 12:09:00 AM »
After a few agonizing minutes of spinning free with very little understanding of his plight and trying to remain focused on the  cleansing hot water on his skin, Ashford stands up and steps from the shower. Towelling off and getting dressed in his dark gray suit. Deciding today to dress down, he goes with an eggplant colored button-up shirt and leaves the top button undone. He looks at himself in the mirror as he dresses, looking quite a bit different after his transformative shower. His skin, though slightly red and sensitive, is smooth and unmarred, its gray-green tint and slightly moist sheen glinting in the lights above him. His clawed hands, now free of the layers of dead skin that grow over his entire body when he sleeps during the day, are broad and powerful looking, capable of very real destruction when he feels so inclined. He looks at his face in the mirror- the image he has seen for the last few decades no longer holding any real horror for him, only a strange sadness. He looks at his hollowed, beady black eyes, with just a hint of gray-blue irises contrasting against the deep blackness; his hairless head, slightly indented on one side.
His crushed nose, flattened and pressed sideways against his face, partly recessed into his nasal cavity, and providing no true "bridge" of a nose on which his glasses could sit, requiring a bit of a modification to be done on any pair he wears.
His strangely perfect mouth and teeth- The one part of his body unmarred by the curse of caine, save for the fact that his canines and his first premolars had fused into one huge, viciously serrated fang, like a shark's tooth. These jutted into a sheath of flesh in his lower jaw, allowing him to very easily speak, despite a minor gravelly sound to his voice.
He took a moment to admire himself in the mirror as he placed his glasses on the bridge of his "nose" and pulls his jacket on.
"Not bad, for a trainwreck." he says to himself, smiling, as he sprays on some Gucci cologne. Pulling on his long black coat and grabbing his daily equipment from where it sits right beside the grate, he pulls himself through the mid-level vent duct, through the small maze of tunnels, and out into the parking structure.
He needed to get out, get some fresh air, walk the park for a while, maybe, and think about the strange dream he'd had.
Did it mean anything? He so rarely dreamed anymore... He couldn't just pass it off as nothing.
Being underground can do strange things to one's equilibrium, and though he hadn't had it in a while, he had definitely experienced feelings of vertigo when remaining hidden from open air for a long time. How long had it been? 3 days? 4 days? He couldn't honestly remember.
He wanders the park, wrapped in shadows, watching people walk from place to place, conjuring images of where they're going, the happy lives they're returning to or leaving. Trying to pick out the lonely ones.
It still doesn't get his mind off of the strange feeling that he simply can't shake.
Something is very wrong, and there is simply no way to deny or to hide from that fact.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:16:42 AM by Malavis »

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 02:01:38 AM »
There in the darkness, her writing becomes mangled and the paper thrown. A sigh would be heard if not for the suffocating silence that surrounds the room. Again she begins to write, this time with a fervor that was not know before.

"I wonder if he knows..."

Offline Splat

  • Fledgling
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Reputation: +0/-0
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 07:19:37 PM »
Kevin falls out of his hammock onto he wood deck with a loud crash.  Realizing that the feeling of something wrong isn't going away he decides that the best thing to do is to lay down.

Offline Friktion

  • Moderator
  • Methuselah
  • *****
  • Posts: 327
  • Reputation: +224/-2
Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 12:03:40 AM »
You notice movement out of the corner of your eye, but like an elusive cricket it disappears as soon as you make it the focus of your attention.

You hear an almost inaudible whisper, like a soft murmur carried on the wind.  It isn't until you stop looking for the source of the sound that it comes through clearly.

Find the master of this power
Follow footlights at witching hour
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:01:06 PM by Friktion »

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2011, 03:56:09 AM »
And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Hamlet, Act 1 Scene 5


Benjamin knew that this was something other. But what exactly, he couldn't guess. Sometimes they would come to him for help, or simply to be heard. Was this just something different, but still trying to reach out to him?

Recovering himself, he steps out to the curb and hails a taxi. He ducks into it when it stops beside him.

"To the Nocressio Elizabethan Theatre if you would, sir." He smiles from the backseat into the driver's rear view mirror. Looking out the window at the city as it marches past, he broods over the night's excitements.

Checking his watch, he wonders. The Witching hour was midnight - he knows that much from decades of delving through classic literature. But floorlights? He imagines the lights running down the aisle of the theatre, and then shakes his head. Well, he supposes, if they want me to help them so much they can certainly be more specific next time. There was a show to put on, and Benjamin would be damned if he let a little poltergeisting get in the way of it.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Benjamin checks his watch - what time is it right now?

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 04:29:18 AM »
She drops her pen at the startling movement. Reaching down slowly and cautiously to pick it up a million things run through her head.

"Here?"

"No one should be able to see anything.."

"What?"

Waiting a while for the first sign of movement she lets the room envelope her. This is her safe house. This is her safe haven. Anyone and anything that is not welcome is going to pay, and dearly. When the voice speaks, the room twists and shifts, as if the walls were alive. As if the room were protecting its master from harm. She concentrates and tries to figure out the riddle lain out to her.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Int + Occult
Rolled 6d10 : 10, 7, 9, 2, 5, 1, total 34

She writes her musings and findings, then seals the letter with wax, to be sent to him.

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 08:41:14 AM »
'The master of this power at midnight' Adam thought of the strange riddle as he tried his best to ignore the apparitions agitating his nerve endings as he walked cautiously through the chantry, trying to avoid meeting anyone on the way to the front door.

The power appears to cause symptoms of insanity though he did not feel insane , Dementation? if so the master of such power would probably be a powerful Malkavian, he did not know much about such power beyond the basic premise that Malkavians used it to achieve frightening insights or drive others insane, though like most disciplines others might have learned them, 'Maybe its a form of Thaumaturgy?' Adam stopped as he reached the door realizing that there was no clear way of telling what kind of power he was under.

Adam studied other clans to an extent but most of his knowledge did not go into the finer details of studying the ins and outs of their disciplines, 'Why these stupid riddles' he rolled his eyes with a sour expression written on his face as he looked back to the chantry's hall, realizing that he did not have enough information and yet it seemed that he had trouble letting it go as he found his thoughts consider the riddle again this time in ordered form:

Step one: 'Find the Master of this Power, The wielder of this power? someone famous for having mastered the power?  '
Step two: 'Follow footlights, a theatrical performance reference at midnight'

The way it was originally phrased was rhyme, like in a poem, a connection , perhaps they were both meant to occur at the same place, Adam was fairly confident the creep was not so foolish as to remain physically at the chantry so it made more sense that way if it was a kindred that caused all of this.
"Whatever" he hissed, the possibilities were endless and this could all be some hoax cooked by one of the other Apprentices by some unearthly means, still it got him out of his chambers and made it uneasy to stay there, he might as well leave his study to feed and check it out along the way...

Stepping out into the street Adam took out his Smartphone , checking online for performances at midnight before taking a taxi to the Theater where it is at.

Offline dellama13

  • Neonate
  • **
  • Posts: 67
  • Reputation: +1/-1
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2011, 02:09:12 AM »
Victor steadies himself over the constant mental and now physical maybe psychic intrusions that are running rampant.
He quickens his pace crossing the street to get to his packs meeting and ponders to himself this latest mental, maybe even physical stalking.

" What Find the master of this Power, what power, being annoying and rude? That could be any bastard self-absorbed "Kindred" in the city, or even a strong Cainite. "

Victor slows his pace and thinks more deeply about first what other clans could employ this kind of mental invasion. He dismisses the thought as it being an attack upon further thought as so far it as been rude but informative.

He picks up the pace and grins a little as a remote thought enters his mind. "Perhaps it is the Hand, I do not think I am worthy, but perhaps, maybe the Priest Jonathan will know more. Or just deem me insane finally"
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 02:59:43 AM by dellama13 »

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2011, 02:51:19 AM »
Ashford wanders the park for a few minutes, skirting the outside edges of the treeline, and allowing his feet to take him in the direction of this strange feeling. Suddenly, he is off at a run, sprinting across the street, and, in his haste, very nearly getting run down by a cab. A blur of red in the back seat is all that he sees, as he stumbles. Regaining his footing, Ashford continues onward down back alleys, the purpose in his footsteps taking on a life of its own- driving him onward. For several minutes, Ashford simply runs, letting something deep within him guide him in the right direction.

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 07:31:07 PM »
Time passes. She sits and waits for an attack that never comes. Reaching upward she pulls a small silver cord, and banishes the shadows from the room.

A Half-Japanese woman sits in her small soft office chair, the drafting desk nearly dwarfing her in comparison. She spins the chair around slowly eying the surroundings to make sure. Being extra careful to consider the corners and other places one could hide. Impossible. There is only one entrance. No one could. Thoughts of bogeymen and other ne're-do-wells fade from focus and she picks up her letter. She lets the robe she was wearing drop, and she head to the door of the room, unlocking it and entering through what seems to be a closet to the bed room of a small flat. Each of the objects in the rooms, is perfectly aligned and feng shuied for the greatest effect. There is peace and serenity here.

Upon entering the kitchen area, she picks up a phone that had been charging on a wall socket and dials a number that is ingrained in to her mind.

"Yeah. Harold. Its me. I have a missive for him. Please pick it up as soon as you can. Yes. It'll be in the usual place. This one is quite important. Be careful. There are strange things afoot here. No. I'm not sure. I think something is making a move though. ... ... Yes. He should be on guard as well. Kay. Goodbye."

She takes the letter dropping it into a hidden lock-box, then returns to the bedroom and a small window of light sitting on a small economical table. She begins pressing keys and searches for more meaning in the riddle presented.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Int +Comp Diff 8
Rolled 4d10>9 : 7, 6, 3, 3, total 0

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 08:02:59 PM »
"Hngg.. No good. Already knew this... Oh those are cute slippers.."

After time passes and no luck she turns to the closet.

"More input needed.."

Standing up she walks over and slides the large mirrored door open revealing a plethora of dresses and outfits in many styles from gothic lolita and sweet lolita, to harajuku street fashion and visual kei, and some with a more traditional culture flair.

She selects for the moment an elegant and simple sweet lolita dress, with all the trimmings. Pink, prim, and proper. After grabbing her umbrella and spending way too long affixing her hair she heads out into the night; dropping the lock box off into a larger steel deposit box outside the haven.

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 08:24:23 PM »
Having traveled to the local University's Library she begins to research for a time.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Rolled 4d10 : 3, 8, 6, 3, total 20

Spoiler for Hiden:
She wears a pink version of this
 

And drives this, but with pink and fuzzy interior:


Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: Chapter 1.0: Opening Bet
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 09:04:41 PM »
She arrives at another destination with two young college girls in tow, gaining entrance, and humoring their needs until they are seated.


Spoiler for Hiden:
Kept this vague, but wanted to have some kind of post to keep track of the private stuff that just happened.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal