collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Windows 7, Widescreen etc  (Read 1312 times)

Offline [archive] scromscrom

• Fledgling
Re: Windows 7, Widescreen etc
« on: February 08, 2010, 02:13:00 pm »
                OK, first some great news.
 I have this working on my new Windows 7 pro box in full 1080p widescreen happy

The resolution patcher gets widescreen just right but if I find any issues I'll post them here.

I do have one issue so far on the Windows 7 side.
 The "special dialog" fonts aren't coming through properly.
 During the tutorial it shows the examples of each type of text in the right font and colour (demention, persuade, seduction and intimidate) but once I'm in the game, they're just normal fonts - colours are still ok.

Also, playing as a malkavian I don't get the funky normal dialog text style.

Anyone any ideas? Are there any files I should check or that would normally be nstalled elsewheer on an XP install that might need copying/moving?

This is a fresh vtmb install with a direct upgrade to 6.7

cheers all.

Offline [archive] Wesp5

• Antediluvian
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 05:33:00 am »

scromscrom posted:

These fonts are only available for some resolutions. They won't even work for anything below 1024x768 and probably won't work for your wide-screen setup.                        

Marked as best answer by on Today at 04:28:21 pm

Offline [archive] Frank7777

• Ancillus
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 12:49:00 pm »
  • Undo Best Answer
  •                
    Wesp5 posted:
    scromscrom posted:

These fonts are only available for some resolutions. They won't even work for anything below 1024x768 and probably won't work for your wide-screen setup.

AFAIK widescreen works fine, for example see http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4592/1920x1080wg2.jpg
     It might be possible that Bloodlines does a check on the resolution slot used to disable/enable special fonts rather than the actual resolution.
     I.E. there are 5 resolution selection slots in the game (640, 800, 1024, 1280, 1600), if one of the lower 2 is selected, special fonts are disabled and otherwise the normal fonts are used (maybe also for the last slot).
     The resolution switcher just changes the resolution for each slot, but doesn't change the slot number.
     Otherwise, maybe it's Windows 7...

But this is just a (from a programmers perspective viable) theory ofc.                        

Offline [archive] scromscrom

• Fledgling
    Windows 7, Widescreen etc
    « Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 06:10:00 pm »
                    I fixed the fonts!  happy  happy  happy

I realised that some of the fonts in the opening screens were being truncated height-wise.

The problem was that widescreen 1080p uses the 1600 x 1200 font settings.
     These are too tall for a lot of the bounding boxes (or similar) - so things like "skip intro" are missing/hidden and the fonts are bigger than the available areas. I have no idea why this breaks the special typefaces but still...

I worked out the closest standard resolution's vertical height (1280x1024) and copied the full range of font settings in the file trackerscheme.res from that resolution, pasted these back in as replacements for the 1600x1200 resolution and renamed every one of the duplicates from 1280 to 1600 (search & replace on the copied block) resaved trackerscheme.res and restarted.

The fonts are little bit wide (fat) looking but they're coming out in the right styles again!
     Skip intro is now visible again too!

happyhappyhappy                        

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal