collapse

Author Topic: Weird bug at confession  (Read 1389 times)

Offline VickiLeekx

• Fledgling
Weird bug at confession
« on: February 08, 2019, 12:26:17 AM »
EDIT: To everybody with this bug, @Wesp5 provided a fix here :
https://forums.planetvampire.com/bloodlines-tech-support/weird-bug-at-confession/msg142995/#msg142995
Don't forget that as any map edit you have to do it before your current character has visited the map or start a new game.

This bug occurs after you visited the Empire Arms Hotel and killed boris.
The first time you enter the confession club there's no bug when you dance, but the third time you enter the club after you did the boris quest, it usually happens, there must be some kind of glitch, people probably don't notice this bug cause they rarely dance after the boris quest...

It's simple : first time you enter the confession club, try to dance = no bugs
second time after you did the parking quest, try to dance = still no bugs

the third time you enter the club after the boris hotel quest = bug occurs with NPCs teleporting, their feet are clipping into the floor, they spawn, disappear etc

there's also a weird visual "glitch" everytime i'm opening a door and leaving a building in downtown , usually the outside looks black but now it's changing between white and black

« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:03:37 PM by VickiLeekx »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Weird bug at confession
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 08:23:57 AM »
I'm in confession and i noticed that when i try to dance, the animations of NPCs are skipping, and they immediately come next to me to dance and for all the NPCs look like they have their feet clipping into the floor , and my character looks "taller" than all of them, any reason why this is happening?

I can't reproduce the clipping feet so this must be a random bug, but the other dancers grouping around your character is actually a feature: They do this in all clubs, probably due to your special vampiric aura while dancing :)!

Offline VickiLeekx

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 08:32:14 PM »
I'm in confession and i noticed that when i try to dance, the animations of NPCs are skipping, and they immediately come next to me to dance and for all the NPCs look like they have their feet clipping into the floor , and my character looks "taller" than all of them, any reason why this is happening?

I can't reproduce the clipping feet so this must be a random bug, but the other dancers grouping around your character is actually a feature: They do this in all clubs, probably due to your special vampiric aura while dancing :)!

are you sure that it's a random bug? Someone on discord told me that NPCs teleporting in confession is a well known bug, , i knew that the dancers grouping around your character is a feature, but they usually stop dancing when you hit the dance button, and then they walk to come near you, in my game they're "teleporting" around, and it's skipping the walking animation...should i reinstall maybe? i'll try to record a video to show you the bug.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 08:44:33 PM »
are you sure that it's a random bug?

I would guess so. Sometimes you can see NPCs teleporting around hubs too, like they immediately go to their intestings points or similar...

Offline VickiLeekx

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 08:51:22 PM »
are you sure that it's a random bug?

I would guess so. Sometimes you can see NPCs teleporting around hubs too, like they immediately go to their intestings points or similar...
You know, what's weird is that i finished this game like 10 times and never had bugs like this
here is a video showing the bug (sorry for bad quality i took the fastest option)
u can see at the ending that when i kill someone all NPCs disappear from the club and their feet are clipping in the floor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_FfrzPLEW0

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 08:54:31 PM by VickiLeekx »

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 11:39:59 PM »
here is a video showing the bug (sorry for bad quality i took the fastest option)
u can see at the ending that when i kill someone all NPCs disappear from the club and their feet are clipping in the floor

Oh my fucking god D:
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline VickiLeekx

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 03:24:15 AM »

Oh my fucking god D:

Did u get this bug too ?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 03:26:03 AM by VickiLeekx »

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 05:10:45 AM »
No, I just saw the video and was shocked, it was crazy. I hope there's a solution....
― me

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 10:23:40 AM »
People teleporting around in confession is implemented in the map. I don't know why Troika did it, but it's a feature, not a bug. I think i disabled that in camarilla edition, but I'm not sure because it has been so long since I last worked on the mod.
Wasn't the floor problem solved when the map was recompiled?
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 12:58:18 PM »
People teleporting around in confession is implemented in the map. I don't know why Troika did it, but it's a feature, not a bug.

I'm not aware of that. If you fixed it, please tell me how?

The map was recompiled because of the invisible player dancer...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 06:54:38 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline VickiLeekx

• Fledgling
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 05:48:33 PM »
People teleporting around in confession is implemented in the map. I don't know why Troika did it, but it's a feature, not a bug.

I'm not aware of that. If you fixed it, please tell me how?

Mainly the map was recompiled because of the invisible dancer issue...

I use custom music files, could this be the reason of the bug? they are mp3 128 kbps files, that's all i changed in my game, and sometimes i'm playing with NPCs models like Jeanette or Tourette, i tried doing a clean install to see if it still does the same when i don't play with any custom content...i also sometimes remplace the music files of clubs like Asylum or whatever, in "Vampire\sound\music\licenced" and i don't start a new game after remplacing the song, i just continue with my current save, could this be the reason?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 05:53:20 PM by VickiLeekx »

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 06:19:34 PM »
It's very improbable for custom audio files or standard vanilla models to give problems to the engine (which I suspect is where the problem originates)
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 06:47:24 PM »
I use custom music files, could this be the reason of the bug?

I doubt it. I moved the interesting place marker for the dancers over the floor now, but nevertheless this doesn't happen on my system. Did you play a long session by any chance?

Offline VickiLeekx

• Fledgling
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2019, 08:31:01 PM »
I use custom music files, could this be the reason of the bug?

I doubt it. I moved the interesting place marker for the dancers over the floor now, but nevertheless this doesn't happen on my system. Did you play a long session by any chance?
i never play more than 1 hour and a half each session, the bug was still present even after i restared my game or tried to go to an older save before it occured, even after this it still seemed to randomly come back, it always happens after i do the parking lot venus quest , it doesnt happen the first time i enter the confession but it usually happens the second time, pretty strange.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2019, 09:18:46 PM »
it doesnt happen the first time i enter the confession but it usually happens the second time, pretty strange.

Maybe this is a save game problem then, like the state of the dancers is not saved correctly...