collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.4 released!  (Read 10541 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.4 released!
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2019, 08:45:45 AM »
If I understand you correctly - when you hit the glass, and then you hit these creatures of Tzimisce and glass fragments fall out of them instead of blood particles, then this is just an unrecoverable engine glitch or something like that ?!

Yes. At least they don't spawn any blood for me! Please test this again in the sewer maps. What particles do they give off on being hit?

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2019, 08:40:33 PM »

Yes. At least they don't spawn any blood for me! Please test this again in the sewer maps. What particles do they give off on being hit?

Of course, I can check it out, but only in two days ... (I am working now and there is no possibility to enter the game).

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2019, 11:14:42 AM »
Hello again!
I ran through the sewers and noticed that when I attacked the creatures of Tzimice, no particles of blood fell from them (this only happened if they exploded after their death)...
Basically, it was incomprehensible shards of glass, some kind of smoke (as if you had hit any edged weapon against the wall) or no reaction to the blow - as if you were striking into the void.
Here are my screenshots below.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2019, 02:39:17 PM »
Basically, it was incomprehensible shards of glass, some kind of smoke (as if you had hit any edged weapon against the wall) or no reaction to the blow - as if you were striking into the void.

This is my experience too, but right now I have no idea on how to spawn the correct blood particles. Their surface is already set to flesh...

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2019, 03:26:43 PM »

This is my experience too, but right now I have no idea on how to spawn the correct blood particles. Their surface is already set to flesh...

And if you try to import settings from other creatures that do not have this problem ?! Or somehow recreate the model and there already set up blood drops manually ?!
Yes, that sounds stupid, of course, but that's all that crossed my mind, I'm sorry...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2019, 05:12:53 PM »
Yes, that sounds stupid, of course, but that's all that crossed my mind, I'm sorry...

I don't know anything how the game decides which particles to show. Sometimes the material is mentioned in the model itself, but that's it...

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2019, 05:22:21 PM »

I don't know anything how the game decides which particles to show. Sometimes the material is mentioned in the model itself, but that's it...

I apologize for my naivety, but...
If this material is mentioned in the models of these creatures - what will happen if you try to replace them with the necessary ones ?!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 06:30:08 PM by Avadonica »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2019, 07:23:54 PM »
If this material is mentioned in the models of these creatures - what will happen if you try to replace them with the necessary ones ?!

As I wrote, according to the SDK model viewer, the headrunners already have the correct type "flesh" set. Only it doesn's trigger...

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2019, 07:54:41 PM »

As I wrote, according to the SDK model viewer, the headrunners already have the correct type "flesh" set. Only it doesn's trigger...

It’s bad that nothing can be changed.. well, thank you for the answer! Perhaps someday you can find a solution to this problem...

Offline tarulu

• Ancillus
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2019, 09:00:00 PM »

hmmm...what happens if you change it to something else?will new material trigger?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2019, 09:03:24 PM »
hmmm...what happens if you change it to something else?will new material trigger?

I just tested it some more and the splatters are fine when using ranged weapons, so the problem is not with the model, but the hit detection! I can imagine it's a similar problem like breaking glass using melee. Anyway, at least while testing it I noticed that EntenSchreck added some weird hit effects a time ago that I have now removed...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 09:05:38 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2019, 09:18:31 PM »

I just tested it some more and the splatters are fine when using ranged weapons, so the problem is not with the model, but the hit detection! I can imagine it's a similar problem like breaking glass using melee. Anyway, at least while testing it I noticed that EntenSchreck added some weird hit effects a time ago that I have now removed...

Sorry, I’ve been a little dumb. I just needed to shoot in them!... just in my walkthroughs I rarely use firearms...But I am glad that the cause of this problem was found and eliminated. Thanks you!

Offline tarulu

• Ancillus
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2019, 05:22:58 PM »

thats great,thanks

Offline tarulu

• Ancillus
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2019, 11:08:59 AM »
is it true that some mods have extra lines  for NPCs with similar voices?i was wondering last night about several unused lines that have no sound file as the Barabbah pointed out and if i remember correctly i read that some of mods had semi-professional voice actors.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2019, 11:48:26 AM »
The author of the Clan quest mod found out several people with similar voices to some NPCs and recorded new lines.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal