collapse

Author Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.4 released!  (Read 7576 times)

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 09:41:54 AM by Barabbah »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.4 released!
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2019, 01:47:33 PM »
It's been awhile since I had to start from scratch, which was caused by windows gameux bug. So I've got a couple install questions, first reading the ResPatch.exe shows my 16x9 with a FOV of 69. Is that really only 69 FOV or is it some special calculation? I normally run a minimum of 90 FOV, so what setting should I use?

Using ReShade/SweetFX Auto Detection failed but I don't recall which API VtMB uses.

Install64, is that something BUP use to install or is it something we need to run as a client/player?

Thanks
Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2019, 03:23:08 PM »
It's been awhile since I had to start from scratch, which was caused by windows gameux bug.

You should wait for 10.4 final, which hopefully is out in a few days!

So I've got a couple install questions, first reading the ResPatch.exe shows my 16x9 with a FOV of 69.

I don't use ResPatch anymore since widescreen is in the game itself.

Using ReShade/SweetFX Auto Detection failed but I don't recall which API VtMB uses.

I don't know about auto detection, I always use SweetFX manually.

Install64, is that something BUP use to install or is it something we need to run as a client/player?

You don't need that at all unless you can't install the retail CDs...

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2019, 04:24:35 PM »
Still can't use quotes, codes, url tools or emotes, so just winging it.

Great to know about 10.4 final, looking forward to it!!  :vampwink:

That would explain why it was using 1920x1080 without ever using ResPatch. Any idea what about setting FOV, is it done through the command line?

Auto Detection wants to know what API Bloodlines uses, i.e. DX8, DX9, DX10, DX 11 and so on. So if you know we can set it manually, then it will install properly.

Cool, I'm using the Steam install so don't need Install64, thanks!
Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2019, 06:12:14 PM »
Any idea what about setting FOV, is it done through the command line?

That should be "fov"...

Auto Detection wants to know what API Bloodlines uses, i.e. DX8, DX9, DX10, DX 11 and so on.

And that should be DX9, but I don't know where to set that in SweetFX.

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2019, 03:29:37 AM »
Thanks it's been awhile since I played and didn't recall if FOV was a command.

If you click on the 'ReShade Setup.exe' a little popup ask which game/directory and tries to auto set. If it fails you can choose which API (dx9 here) and it installs everything for you. So you get SweetFX and ReShade installed and working automatically.  :vampwink:

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2019, 10:07:58 AM »
Ooc, am I the only one who has issues with Barabus's AI? Once we start the escape mission he always seems to attack a guard I am feeding on.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2019, 10:35:30 AM »
Kick him and yell "Bad dog! Bad dog!", next time remember to bring a leash. And also consider the idea to take him to the veterinary for neutering him.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 11:07:41 AM by Barabbah »
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2019, 12:39:29 PM »
And the final 1.04 is out, see first posting!

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2019, 04:07:53 PM »
And the final 1.04 is out, see first posting!

― me

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2019, 10:38:46 PM »
Hello everyone! This is a small repost for patch 10.3+ (maybe it is already fixed, but I decided to throw my finds here).

---- "if you want an ice ax, hit the glass and hit them with your enemies, so that they feel the thrill of the cold!" (Ha ha ha).
Now seriously - this is a funny glitch I got, when I did the mission to find the "original" tape for Isaac. Instead of words - video. I hope you can see that.

---- The hole in the hair.(In a Malkavian model)
Also an interesting oddity... I saw it by accident.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2019, 08:36:00 AM »
Now seriously - this is a funny glitch I got, when I did the mission to find the "original" tape for Isaac. Instead of words - video.

I don't see the problem, unless you mean the shitty hit detection of windows in the game.

The hole in the hair.

Fixed!

Offline Psycho-A

• Russian Board Moderator
  • Ancillus
  • Bloodlines SDK developer
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2019, 10:15:33 AM »
I don't see the problem, unless you mean the shitty hit detection of windows in the game.
She means there are glass gibs spawning from the tzimisce creations on hitting them instead of meat/bloody ones.
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2019, 11:39:55 AM »
She means there are glass gibs spawning from the tzimisce creations on hitting them instead of meat/bloody ones.

Oh, I never saw that before. But randomly it happens that blood splatters on walls look like bullet holes instead!

P.S.: I tested this on my system and it seems the headrunners don't spawn any hit particles, just the last ones.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 12:51:21 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2019, 06:54:37 AM »

Oh, I never saw that before. But randomly it happens that blood splatters on walls look like bullet holes instead!

P.S.: I tested this on my system and it seems the headrunners don't spawn any hit particles, just the last ones.

If I understand you correctly - when you hit the glass, and then you hit these creatures of Tzimisce and glass fragments fall out of them instead of blood particles, then this is just an unrecoverable engine glitch or something like that ?!

P.S. After a few tests, I noticed that this effect of "fragments" disappears after the 3rd or 4th murder...