collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 9.8 released!  (Read 11739 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Unofficial Patch 9.8 released!
« Reply #150 on: September 12, 2017, 09:14:55 PM »
Hi! I got problem with Pearl of Dubai. I put in trunk in Skyline Appartment and now I cant get it back! :O Edit: + it wont raise persuasion above 10, other occult items do that.

About the trunk, this is an engine related bug that can't be fixed, but I didn't think anyone would be stupid enough to put away a free stat point ;)! As for Persuasion above ten, this is never needed.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
    • Team Camarilla International
« Reply #151 on: September 13, 2017, 08:31:57 AM »
And the Pearl of Dubai boosts the Charisma attribute, not the persuasion feat. And since attribute and ability boosting items don't boost past 5...
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

known as "Childe of Malkav" on "Team Camarilla International" Forum

Offline Ruminzon

• Fledgling
« Reply #152 on: September 13, 2017, 09:57:26 PM »
Well, you always meet a stupid... :D Thank you, I wont do it again. :D

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2017, 10:37:16 PM »
Wesp, have you done something about the end of the tutorial? It seems to me that the time between the end of the dialog with Jack and the fadeout is longer than usual.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #154 on: September 15, 2017, 07:27:24 PM »
I don't remember, maybe I did a long time ago so people could easier pick up the gun.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2017, 06:07:45 PM »
For safety reasons I have to close the museum for the public. There are no handrails on the stairs of the fire exit.

On another matter, why do you think Grout faked his death only in the 1950s? The tapes don't sound like they were recorded over a short period in 2004. And I doubt he would comment on the loss of insane asylums decades after the last ones closed.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2017, 08:56:08 PM »
For safety reasons I have to close the museum for the public. There are no handrails on the stairs of the fire exit.

Hm, I'll see if I can fit some in there, but this is not Germany after all ;)!

On another matter, why do you think Grout faked his death only in the 1950s?

I took a wild guess as he mentioned Freud, but I'm open to suggestions.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2017, 10:47:18 PM »
Well, Freud came up about 1920. That would IMO put the first tape somewhere between '25 and '50, his "death" 50 years previous.
Since California wasn't really settled before the 1880s, I'd put it closer to 1950.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2017, 11:07:52 PM »
Since California wasn't really settled before the 1880s, I'd put it closer to 1950.

I don't think the difference between 1954 and 1950 matters ;). But anyway, can I assume that you have installed the game again? If so, can you please look at the Python code that makes Romero stay after his cemetery or boink quests? Because someone on the GOG board claims he isn't there and I can't find the reason for this... 

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2017, 08:04:39 AM »
About Grout, the first tape is recorded about 1950, 50 years after his apearent death, that puts the death around the turn of the centuries.

I have played the cemetery quests just yesterday. My malk could defeat the zombies and when I came back right afterwards he was there and I could do the pimping quest as well. Haven't checked after that yet, but I'll have a look.
Do you know if they have updated to the 9.8 patch or used the one from GOG? That is afaik still 9.6 or 9.7.

Edit: The only thing I could find is that Romero is gone after the quest when the base patch is used. That is for 9.8 and I couldn't check things that happen on the map because I don't have the SDK installed (yet).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:57:30 AM by Malkav »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2017, 12:02:03 PM »
About Grout, the first tape is recorded about 1950, 50 years after his apearent death, that puts the death around the turn of the centuries.

That is based on the assumption that Grout keeps his recordings around forever. In my opinion they are recent and while he went around the house he updated them with whatever he was thinking.

Do you know if they have updated to the 9.8 patch or used the one from GOG? That is afaik still 9.6 or 9.7.

I don't think that makes any difference as this change is quite old. Sadly, GOG hasn't updated to 9.8 yet!

The only thing I could find is that Romero is gone after the quest when the base patch is used.

That is correct. They claim he is gone much later in the game, probably when coming back from Gary.

BTW, I'm remaking the whole fire exit section of the museum, because there are no suitable railing ;).

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2017, 11:21:12 PM »
Werner, I have an update on the cemetery. I did both Romero quests, first the zombies then pimping, on the way to get the horror tape. Now after completing some more Hollywood quests, including Kings Way but not the rest of the warrens, I returned to the cemetery and Romero's shack is closed. I'm playing with 9.8+ on top of the GOG version.

And again, I had the Sin Bin problem. On VV's quest I emptied the ATM, then picked the lock to the backstage room and Kerry was already standing there even though I hadn't yet shutdown the peepshow. So she should still be dancing and the stage door locked.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2017, 08:13:27 AM »
Now after completing some more Hollywood quests, including Kings Way but not the rest of the warrens, I returned to the cemetery and Romero's shack is closed.

Can you noclip in to see if he is there or missing as well?

On VV's quest I emptied the ATM, then picked the lock to the backstage room and Kerry was already standing there even though I hadn't yet shutdown the peepshow.

Don't they do regular breaks without all patrons gone?

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Methuselah
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2017, 10:25:01 AM »
I have a weird problem.
In my last playthrough on my old pc, everything went perfectly fine (ran with the UP 9.8) and finished the game without a glitch. However, on my new laptop, I have a quirky situation:
Whenever I switch from first person view to the third (or if dialogue does that for me) my character "drops out of axis", or in 3rd person view he walks turned to the side (strafes) or with his back turned in front (moonwalk). I tested it with a Toreador and a Ventrue - happens both ways.
The only way I managed to pass the tutorial is to save the game, then exit and enter right again in and load. Only then everything is fine. I don't mind repeating this process, but during the tutorial I had to do it three times.
What I found out is that it happens around the room where Jack instructs you on the masquerade and where you acquire the chop shop key. First time it was on the staircase behind the exit door; the second happened right after the cutscene where the sheriff kills off the Sabbat and the third was when I locked picked the door below the grate in the tutorial.
Once again, it is not a game-breaking bug, but if someone has any idea why it happens, I will be grateful for the assistance. ;)

P.S.
On my old pc was the original CD version plus all the UPs up to 9.8.
On my new laptop is the GOG version plus the UP 9.8.

EDIT: The "switch" happens periodically, after five or six changes of the perspective.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:26:34 AM by Raving_Neonate »
The meaning of elegance is not to be noticed, it is to be remembered.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2017, 01:35:41 PM »
I have a weird problem.

I would guess you have one of the third person view camera moving keys bound to something else or the laptop doubles these keys. I think default is for them to be the numpad keys on a full keyboard...

* Game Files