collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 9.8 released!  (Read 18385 times)

Offline IanW

• Ancillus
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
Re: Unofficial Patch 9.8 released!
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2017, 12:55:35 AM »
I think that is a misunderstanding of Rik Schaffer's emails to me. He wrote "There was talk early on of an East Los Angeles Hub for the game in one of the numerous production meetings I attended at Troika. I was thinking hispanic influence Nines Rodriquez with Open Season. Open Season would have been that area's main theme." about the new hub and "Hollywood Hub part 2 was basically written the same week as the original Hollywood Hub. The name was a working title, and only because I thought that it would fit nicely wherever Troika ended up using the first Hollywood piece.", which means this is only an alternative he made which didn't get used. I restored it into the warrens, as they are below Hollywood and you walk around long enough to appreciate it :).

Ah, I confused two different things into one thought. My mistake!

Wasn't there also supposed to be a jungle area of some sort?
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2017, 09:26:20 AM »

There is an unused musical piece called "Tikal Jungle", but this could have been intended for a club or similar. There is no hint at all that any part of the game was supposed to play out far away from LA...

Offline silky

• Fledgling
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2017, 08:05:15 PM »

There is an unused musical piece called "Tikal Jungle", but this could have been intended for a club or similar. There is no hint at all that any part of the game was supposed to play out far away from LA...

Maybe there was meant to be a fake indoor "jungle" someplace? Or maybe while exploring the "concrete jungle" a Malkavian PC could occasionally hallucinate they were in an actual jungle?  :razz:

Offline ngppgn

• Fledgling
« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2017, 12:12:11 AM »
Playing tremere, doing the Holywood side quest where I have to kill the stripper.

I rob the change machine, lockdown the peepshow, convince the other stripper to leave, and bloodtheft-onehit the stripper.
I get the two xp for killing her and the two extra ones for doing it without witnesses (BTW, one the first two points are notified to me in the pop-ups).

The problem is, when I get back to VV, she will react as if there were witnesses anyway.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2017, 07:57:57 AM »
The problem is, when I get back to VV, she will react as if there were witnesses anyway.

This is probably intended, because you used disciplines and VV said "And be careful using Disciplines around the hunter." Technically you can open the console and G.Sin_Sound should be 1. I don't really know why Blood Theft is supposed to be loud enough for Kerri or Flynn to hear though, but then Troika set all Thaumaturgy so.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:00:55 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline ngppgn

• Fledgling
« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2017, 04:15:28 PM »

This is probably intended, because you used disciplines and VV said "And be careful using Disciplines around the hunter." Technically you can open the console and G.Sin_Sound should be 1. I don't really know why Blood Theft is supposed to be loud enough for Kerri or Flynn to hear though, but then Troika set all Thaumaturgy so.

If that is intended, then I shouldn't get the two extra experience points, I'd say.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2017, 04:48:13 PM »
If that is intended, then I shouldn't get the two extra experience points, I'd say.

You don't get the bonus XP points for being silent, but for killing no innocents like the message says.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #142 on: September 07, 2017, 09:23:29 PM »
I certainly did something wrong...  :facepalm:

Did you choose plus patch and did you start from the game shortcut?

Offline IanW

• Ancillus
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2017, 01:52:00 AM »
I have no idea if I did anything specific to set it off, but...

"All Your Base"? Really?  :rofl:
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline Ruminzon

• Fledgling
« Reply #144 on: September 12, 2017, 11:08:47 AM »
Hi! I got problem with Pearl of Dubai. I put in trunk in Skyline Appartment and now I cant get it back! :O Edit: + it wont raise persuasion above 10, other occult items do that.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:17:00 AM by Ruminzon »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #145 on: September 12, 2017, 09:14:55 PM »
Hi! I got problem with Pearl of Dubai. I put in trunk in Skyline Appartment and now I cant get it back! :O Edit: + it wont raise persuasion above 10, other occult items do that.

About the trunk, this is an engine related bug that can't be fixed, but I didn't think anyone would be stupid enough to put away a free stat point ;)! As for Persuasion above ten, this is never needed.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #146 on: September 13, 2017, 08:31:57 AM »
And the Pearl of Dubai boosts the Charisma attribute, not the persuasion feat. And since attribute and ability boosting items don't boost past 5...
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Ruminzon

• Fledgling
« Reply #147 on: September 13, 2017, 09:57:26 PM »
Well, you always meet a stupid... :D Thank you, I wont do it again. :D

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #148 on: September 13, 2017, 10:37:16 PM »
Wesp, have you done something about the end of the tutorial? It seems to me that the time between the end of the dialog with Jack and the fadeout is longer than usual.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #149 on: September 15, 2017, 07:27:24 PM »
I don't remember, maybe I did a long time ago so people could easier pick up the gun.

* Game Files