collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 9.8 released!  (Read 15614 times)

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
Re: Unofficial Patch 9.8 released!
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2017, 09:08:23 AM »
How close is the trigger_changelevel to the spawnpoint? Might it be possible to sometimes activate the trigger rigth after you spawn there?
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline TheGalby

• Fledgling
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2017, 09:12:30 AM »
Maybe your PC is too fast

It is fairly fast. If there is anything I can do on my end to help track it down for you, just let me know.

Might it be possible to sometimes activating the trigger right after you spawn there?

For the record, I didn't hit any buttons to trigger it. It seems to only go off if I'm simply at that location longer than a frame.

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2017, 09:21:34 AM »
TheGalby for your information, you activate a trigger by having your character walk into it, not by pressing a button.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Florence

• Ancillus
  • Dignitas
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2017, 10:26:28 AM »
I have started playing with the new patch
As soon as I finish it I would like to comment on the new sides of it but I can't wait to ask about something
When I saw this... What!?

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 10:46:41 AM by Florence »
~ To rule in blood is to rule in truth. ~

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2017, 01:03:50 PM »
When I saw this... What!?

That's a new item I restored for a last poster quest from Gary, so keep it around ;).

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2017, 01:15:11 PM »
How close is the trigger_changelevel to the spawnpoint?

The trigger and landmark are far enough apart, also you need to turn around and use the door to make the transition, so I don't know what's happening here. I can't even reproduce it with auto-move on while holding down the use key...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 01:19:38 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline DDLullu

• Fledgling
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2017, 05:54:08 AM »
The repair hand for the lasoblood model, i was lucky for this one but for the sabbat guy it will take a recompile hand because nothing i have done work for him. Recompiling a talking model is out of reach now.

The repair is in the DX80 file only so no DX7 but most people use the DX80 vtx anyway so it's better then nothing. That was not a recompile but an hexedit of the bone data for the finger in the DX80 file.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2017, 07:25:31 AM »
The repair hand for the lasoblood model, i was lucky for this one

Thanks very much! I will include it in the final version of 9.8 :)...

but for the sabbat guy it will take a recompile hand because nothing i have done work for him.

Yeah, I tried it myself and couldn't find a bad connection. I suspect something is wrong with the specific animation model (models/cinematic/LA/NinesIntro/ninesintro_part1_bip1.mdl) and not the normal NPC model! Do you know if it is possible to edit these models as well?

Offline DDLullu

• Fledgling
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2017, 11:24:14 PM »
Nines intro is only an animation mdl with 4 sets of bones(bip0,bip1,bip2,bip3). The models only use the animations from Nines_intro. One model use bip0, the second bip1 etc. but if the hand is not well bones weighting, the hand will have artifact on some animations like in Nines_intro.

Try to switch the 2 sabbats models, i am sure the other model dont show the artifact on the hand. So it is really the sabbat model who is faulty.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2017, 08:00:57 PM »
Try to switch the 2 sabbats models, i am sure the other model dont show the artifact on the hand.

You are right, the other Sabbat shows a normal hand, so if even you can't fix it, we are out of luck!

Offline atrblizzard

• Administratrix
  • Methuselah
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2017, 10:38:22 AM »

Nines intro is only an animation mdl with 4 sets of bones(bip0,bip1,bip2,bip3). The models only use the animations from Nines_intro. One model use bip0, the second bip1 etc. but if the hand is not well bones weighting, the hand will have artifact on some animations like in Nines_intro.

Try to switch the 2 sabbats models, i am sure the other model dont show the artifact on the hand. So it is really the sabbat model who is faulty.

True, sadly most models have some poor rigging done, not all bones are weighted properly, resulting into overlaps like the finger issues for that Sabbat model. Isn't that possible to fix with Blender, or the exporter only works non-character models?
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2017, 12:50:54 PM »
Isn't that possible to fix with Blender, or the exporter only works non-character models?

The scripts work on characters, but both DLLullu and I tried and couldn't fix it. Please try if you think you can do it!

Offline The Shadow Man

• Angel of Darkness
  • Methuselah
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2017, 08:05:43 PM »
I've come into another problem however Steam no longer runs the Unofficial Patch, its still under launch options but it just dosen't work.
Did you move your VtMB install directory, i.e. changing the path of the shortcut and can you start the vampire.exe directly from the install path/directory? Or maybe the shortcut got bugged, you can make a new one if your vampire.exe works in the install directory.

I'm trying to access the UP+ through Steam in order to use the screenshot feature. Shortcut has only ever run the UP+, no Steam overlay so no screenshot feature. I have to run the UP+ through Steam to use the screenshot feature.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2017, 10:09:30 PM »
I have to run the UP+ through Steam to use the screenshot feature.

Then you need to append -game "Unofficial_Patch" to the Steam launch options...

Offline The Shadow Man

• Angel of Darkness
  • Methuselah
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2017, 03:05:12 PM »
I have to run the UP+ through Steam to use the screenshot feature.

Then you need to append -game "Unofficial_Patch" to the Steam launch options...

I see the problem I only had -Unofficial_Patch which has worked before, its fixed now thanks.

* Game Files