collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 7.1 is out!  (Read 14882 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Unofficial Patch 7.1 is out!
« on: September 21, 2010, 05:08:28 PM »
Download: www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php

(+) denotes changes for Plus Edition players only.

+Added lower player sell values to all weapons which were missing it.
+Restored missing Bertram quest state and fixed broken Isaac update.
+Repaired Venture Tower bomb timer and added it to elevator trap too.
+Moved Pearl of Dubai to Regent and restored Isaac Fae Charm reward.
Added lights-through-walls fix to engine.dll, thanks SomeCommentDoe.
Improved breaking museum windows and fixed more minor level errors.
Removed new Mitnick quest and Chastity's sword from the basic patch.
Fixed headrunner dropping through netcafe floor and a German popup.
Locked gallery front after crime and restored lockpick to warehouse.
Corrected wrong painting positions after slashing then re-entering.
Fixed mirrored beer labels and minor dialogue problems of some NPCs.
Restored Therese and Jeanette reconciling and cash to Kamikaze Zen.
Improved missing fists fix and made pool stripper appear later only.
Made SM laptop stay in old haven in case of random Skyeline issues.
Tweaked Cleopatra history to avoid making Obfuscate powerup useless.
Removed Fae Charm from Tseng to avoid bug on getting it from Isaac.
Fixed blood doll sound and line so it doesn't refer to women as men.
Made Fu Syndicate doors move slower and added a lantern to warrens.
Disabled endless arrow spawning in the chests of first Temple level.

Offline RIFK

• Methuselah
Re: Unofficial Patch 7.1 is out!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 07:36:00 PM »
Hell yeah! Thanks so much, Wesp!

Offline DarkProphet

• Neonate
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 08:07:02 PM »
Oh snap! I'm glad to see this is out now. I'm in the middle of playing Assassin's Creed II, but I think I'm going to drop that for a while and play Bloodlines instead. ACII is pretty decent and I've never played it before this, but it ain't Bloodlines, that's for damn sure.

Btw, I saw you mentioned removing the "new Mitnick quest" from the basic patch. I missed a couple of versions...is there a new Mitnick quest in the Plus Patch?

Offline Malkyjeff

• Methuselah
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 08:41:13 PM »
Do I have to start a new game for these changes to take effect? I'm currently using UOP 7.0 and Clan Quest 2.0.

Offline DarkProphet

• Neonate
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 08:59:28 PM »
It's always advised to begin a new game. All sorts of weird shit happens when you load an old save. I did it when a new version came out once, and civilians that I killed on the streets of Hollywood burned to ashes as if they were vampires, while rats could be targeted with powers like Trance. You reeeeally don't want to use a save from a different version unless you don't mind not being able to finish the game or certain quests and having bizarre glitches.

Offline RIFK

• Methuselah
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 09:48:38 PM »
Oh snap! I'm glad to see this is out now. I'm in the middle of playing Assassin's Creed II, but I think I'm going to drop that for a while and play Bloodlines instead. ACII is pretty decent and I've never played it before this, but it ain't Bloodlines, that's for damn sure.

Btw, I saw you mentioned removing the "new Mitnick quest" from the basic patch. I missed a couple of versions...is there a new Mitnick quest in the Plus Patch?

Basically there was a bug where an email from Mitnick was in your inbox from the start of the game when it wasn't supposed to be there for two reasons: 1. Because you haven't even gotten close to meeting Mitnick yet and 2. It isn't intended to be in the basic version, it somehow leaked over from the Plus version as Wesp told me back in my thread concerning this problem on the old planetvampire.

Do I have to start a new game for these changes to take effect? I'm currently using UOP 7.0 and Clan Quest 2.0.

Yeah. I'm with DP on this one. When you install any sort of patch or mod or anything like that (models and skins are okay), you should ALWAYS make a new character.

Offline Malkyjeff

• Methuselah
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 11:15:40 PM »
The file I downloaded (the patch) seems to be unknown to my computer. Am I missing a software that can read it?

Offline RIFK

• Methuselah
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 07:27:16 AM »
You should have gotten a file called vtmbup71.exe, if that's not what it's called then I'm afraid you have the wrong file my friend. If it IS called vtmbup71.exe, consider rebooting or deleting and downloading the file again. It's an executable, so you should simply double-click it and an installer will appear.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 09:22:07 AM »

There is a small new Mitnick email quest in the plus patch to get him a library card in exchange for an occult item.

Offline Zohrdan

• Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 09:25:14 AM »
It's always advised to begin a new game. All sorts of weird shit happens when you load an old save. I did it when a new version came out once, and civilians that I killed on the streets of Hollywood burned to ashes as if they were vampires, while rats could be targeted with powers like Trance. You reeeeally don't want to use a save from a different version unless you don't mind not being able to finish the game or certain quests and having bizarre glitches.

The best glitch I ever had was in the down town bar: In an endless loop, Nines was been draged with an terryfied face through the wall in to the toilett.

Offline Trucidation

• Fledgling
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 12:43:50 PM »
Recently dug out my copy of VTMB but UP7.1 was taking a while to come out and I got impatient so I played it with just the official 1.2 patch. Does 7.1 come with a full changelog? I've taken a brief look at the other mods but I don't really quite fancy the sound of them (yet). I really enjoyed the game and I suppose I'm even willing to begin another replay immediately even though I just completed it, but it depends on what 7.1 does.

I loved the sneak/hacky aspect, most of my kills were stealthy ones or I tranced the enemy then drained them. Didn't really enjoy the long sewer run from the mansion to the Nosferatu as the heavy combat didn't help the tedium of having to crawl through seeminglessly endless drainpipes (hated the reservoir section particularly). Played a Tremere btw to check out the chantry haven - got it far too late in the game and was generally disappointed in the lack of interaction with Max, the primogen. I dunno whether any other players checked back with most major NPCs as often as I did: only Jack seemed to upgrade his dialog at a decent pace with all the goings-on. Most of the others quickly fell into a small stock of dialog once their quests were over.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 03:18:59 PM »
Does 7.1 come with a full changelog?

Yes, in fact two are in the patch readme :). One is sorted by version changes and one sorted by themes and locations.

Offline StockholmSyndrome

• Fledgling
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 05:23:12 PM »
I dunno whether any other players checked back with most major NPCs as often as I did: only Jack seemed to upgrade his dialog at a decent pace with all the goings-on.
Didn't you check out Jack's in-game Twitter page on V-Net? He constantly updates his profile and upgrades his opinion about your progress so far.

@Wesp
Congratulations are in order.
To quote a pencil sharpener: "Get to the point!"

Offline Malkyjeff

• Methuselah
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 05:55:10 PM »
You should have gotten a file called vtmbup71.exe, if that's not what it's called then I'm afraid you have the wrong file my friend. If it IS called vtmbup71.exe, consider rebooting or deleting and downloading the file again. It's an executable, so you should simply double-click it and an installer will appear.

nope, just says vtmbup71. No exe or anything. I downloaded it properly.

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 06:11:26 PM »
@MalkyJeff This came up the other day in the PV chat and it had to do with the browser the person was using, I think it was IE. He downloaded Opera, tried again and it worked. Should work with Firefox too, IE is a bitch. :suicide:

* Game Files