collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 11.3 has been released!  (Read 21564 times)

Offline Ruminzon

• Neonate
Re: Unofficial Patch 11.3 has been released!
« Reply #435 on: January 02, 2023, 06:22:21 pm »
Okey, sorry for false alarms. I didnt played VtMB for quite some time, so I remember old patches and such. Great work!

Offline SCO

• Methuselah
« Reply #436 on: January 04, 2023, 03:03:08 pm »
The police in the diner appearing depends on if the cook notices you doing a crime. Since he'll hide when the gangers start shooting, it's rare he notices.
Or at least that's what i think is happening with the almost random way the police appears or not appears. Maybe it's the gangers hitting him by mistake or something.

Could try showing off/shooting a gun when the dinner is full or before going to the phone to make sure.

I know it seems a good idea to 'fix' this so that they always appear (it would make sense) but that happening would be punishing to the people that don't understand the game enough to know that even lowly stealth 1 can sneak away in the stealth system of this game. And 4-5 cops are no joke if you've been prioritizing social stats and don't have a itchy finger on bloodheal and the wits to know how to move to the sewer or not to lose humanity for no reason.

I wish the game had more verticality. This would be a ideal event to go to the 'top' of the cafe through a vent or something to jump down outside the car ambush.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 03:12:13 pm by SCO »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #437 on: January 04, 2023, 08:15:59 pm »
The police in the diner appearing depends on if the cook notices you doing a crime. Since he'll hide when the gangers start shooting, it's rare he notices.

Hm, I actually never tried to figure out what triggers the police there or elsewhere. Don't they come already when the player fires a gun without a fight?

I wish the game had more verticality. This would be a ideal event to go to the 'top' of the cafe through a vent or something to jump down outside the car ambush.

This would be nice, but sadly the diner doesn't even have a roof outside and it would be impossible to add without recompiling which breaks the sewer water.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 08:19:14 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #438 on: January 04, 2023, 10:31:09 pm »

Hm, I actually never tried to figure out what triggers the police there or elsewhere. Don't they come already when the player fires a gun without a fight?
In my experience the police come if you shoot a gun or use a "loud" discipline like Animalism or Thaumaturgy.
So it's probably triggered by assigning a certain criminal or supernatural level to the player.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline tarulu

• Antediluvian
« Reply #439 on: January 04, 2023, 11:03:56 pm »

This would be nice, but sadly the diner doesn't even have a roof outside and it would be impossible to add without recompiling which breaks the sewer water.
Perhaps you can use the door in the kitchen as some sort of backdoor that is only useable during this quest.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #440 on: January 05, 2023, 09:56:48 am »
Perhaps you can use the door in the kitchen as some sort of backdoor that is only useable during this quest.

The problem again is that the outside has no other door at all, also Troika pretty much intended you to get caught.

Offline tarulu

• Antediluvian
« Reply #441 on: January 05, 2023, 12:57:25 pm »
The problem again is that the outside has no other door at all, also Troika pretty much intended you to get caught.
I remember you added some doors in downtown so maybe this can be done here. but I think you are right about Troika.

Offline SCO

• Methuselah
« Reply #442 on: January 06, 2023, 03:35:33 am »
Clan quest mod added a door to santa monica (the smoke house or whatever the name of those things are, the thing without anything on it except a male blood-doll).
But it's kind of weird (the door that is). It opens up strange.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #443 on: January 06, 2023, 04:35:04 am »
It's part of the Library Quest from the UP
But yeah, how it opens up is weird
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline tarulu

• Antediluvian
« Reply #444 on: January 06, 2023, 07:15:17 am »
Yeah I was however thinking about the doors in downtown which were not useable.

Offline Ruminzon

• Neonate
« Reply #445 on: January 20, 2023, 06:57:27 pm »
Fu Syndicate - after using Vision of Death (it explodes mortals?) on one of the SWAT guys - he freezed and after while vanished. But Mandarin doesnt proceed with next test and next room doesnt open.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #446 on: January 21, 2023, 08:28:27 pm »
Fu Syndicate - after using Vision of Death (it explodes mortals?) on one of the SWAT guys - he freezed and after while vanished. But Mandarin doesnt proceed with next test and next room doesnt open.
I just killed the whole team with Vision of Death and can't confirm this. Or do you mean Blood Boil? I tested that as well exploding all of them with the same result. I guess this must have been a random glitch!

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #447 on: January 26, 2023, 06:12:06 pm »
If you sneak past the Sabbat vampire in the tutorial in such a way that he pays attention to our hero, but does not notice him, then after talking with Jack, who asks us to kill him, the Sabbat vampire will not see us. Even if you hit him, he will not see our character.

Offline Ruminzon

• Neonate
« Reply #448 on: January 26, 2023, 11:01:37 pm »
I recorded use of the Vision of Death. Around 1 minute, you can see NPC stuck in place. It happens sometimes, but it broke Mandarin quest for me before.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #449 on: January 27, 2023, 09:51:44 am »
I recorded use of the Vision of Death. Around 1 minute, you can see NPC stuck in place. It happens sometimes, but it broke Mandarin quest for me before.
I wouldn't even know how to fix this, at the end of the animation the enemy is supposed to die and this is hard-coded as far as I know.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal