collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 11.3 has been released!  (Read 14100 times)

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
Re: Unofficial Patch 11.3 has been released!
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2022, 07:11:27 pm »
In the file "ethereal_flame_fire04.txt" I think there's a typo: in the "color" section the first number is "255(1)". Shouldn't be simply "255"?
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2022, 01:21:27 pm »
In the main game, red when buying meant that we didn't have enough money to buy.
I think I know why it happens, but not yet if it can be fixed. It's the same with any vendor, the ammo is red when you don't have the money to buy the main weapon! Maybe this even is intended as a hint that you probably can't buy it back if you decide to sell it?
I don't consider it a game breaking when it was intended and worked well in the main game.
It isn't game breaking as a hunter either, you just have to press one key again.

There are no problems with the Fortitude discipline at all.
I know, I did the same. I mean the you-can't-move-after-switching-view stuff! These are very special cases that are not critical.

Whereas the Fortitude adds + to the absorption characteristics and this is taken out separately from the brackets.
I already tested this version myself, but it behaves the same. I guess the Numina state is not saved correctly, because it was intended for multiplayer where saving wasn't needed!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #152 on: September 18, 2022, 01:28:07 pm »
In the file "ethereal_flame_fire04.txt" I think there's a typo: in the "color" section the first number is "255(1)". Shouldn't be simply "255"?
Checking out all the other particles, I find four more cases of this and as I know nothing about the syntax, it might be normal.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 06:24:48 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2022, 10:45:25 pm »
Update: I uploaded a new hotfix today which hopefully fixes some of the leftover issues...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2022, 06:22:38 pm »
Update: Avadonica made me aware that I forgot to include two critical files in the last update and that stat loading is broken. Find all needed files attached if you don't want to download the whole patch again!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 09:18:58 am by Wesp5 »

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2022, 04:25:33 pm »
After turning off the shield, our character can interact and attack again. But the bug with saving and reloading remained, in the sense that it requires several times to activate the shield after a quick load, so that it works, and if earlier it required double-clicking on activation, now you need to click 5 times. And besides, after this bug, the color of the hands can change dramatically from human to vampire and vice versa, I'm sure that this is due to a bug from this discipline.

Vision did not add a plus to perception before? That is, if it was originally, this plus can be left in order to win back the shooting build, otherwise there is no point in pumping this discipline.

Holy Light still seems too strong and broken at the same time to me. I have an offer for you. Make it work like a presence, but halve the duration of the discipline. Then it will be moderately balanced, there will be a sense in pumping discipline and that the timer is not reset.

You were right about the red color, when we have money for ammo, but we cannot redeem the weapon itself, the red color will be lit, so there is no bug here.  :cheesy:

It’s good that you added money, it’s enough, but the experience gained is still not enough in my opinion, I would double it, that is, not 5 points per mission, but 10, then it will be enough for normal leveling of disciplines or other characteristics.

The flamethrower can be picked up at the hotel, but you can't buy ammo for it. In my opinion, after completing this mission, the merchant could sell us cartridges for him. It would be logical.

I think that in the game selection menu for the hunter, you should not just add the inscription "Spoilers", but write something like: "Strongly recommended only after completing the main game."

Are you going to add any more missions? Anyway, I was wondering how you could make a nice ending for the hunter. For example, a brother tells us that we did a great job overnight, strengthened the position of the Inquisition and deserved a rest. He could also tell us that it will soon be dawn and we can look at him if we want. Then we leave the monastery and watch the dawn on the street, that is, the same scene that was in the prelude and the credits would go to the music from Grout's mansion playing in a place where we can experience the sun's rays.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 04:30:46 pm by Romka Poet »

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2022, 09:18:40 pm »
Passed again for the huntress and found another bug. As I thought, after using the shield, human hands from 1st person change their skin to vampire ones, and if the character is still holding a weapon, then he will hold it incorrectly and the reload animation will not be played.

Flamethrower cylinders turn out to be possible to buy if you sell and buy a flamethrower, but I still think that when we have this weapon, cylinders should be available for purchase without selling a flamethrower.

When trying to eat our brains, our character automatically repels zombies, that is, zombies are almost harmless to the hunter.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 09:42:46 pm by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #157 on: September 22, 2022, 12:55:32 pm »
But the bug with saving and reloading remained, in the sense that it requires several times to activate the shield after a quick load, so that it works, and if earlier it required double-clicking on activation, now you need to click 5 times.
I can't do anything about this as Troika is not saving the state correctly or what I suspect, ending of Disciplines has a bug with Numina and does not recognize the shield is still active. Just avoid saving while Faith Shield is still running!

And besides, after this bug, the color of the hands can change dramatically from human to vampire and vice versa.
I thought this and the weapon freeze only happens with Spirit Heal. I added holster before and after all Numina now!

Vision did not add a plus to perception before?
No, Divine Vision is not as powerful as Auspex.

Make it work like a presence, but halve the duration of the discipline.
That would be Presence and not Holy Light. Troika defined it like this!

I would double it, that is, not 5 points per mission, but 10, then it will be enough for normal leveling of disciplines or other characteristics.
You can get a maximum of 280 XP in the main game, getting 250 XP for free is already very much. With the 5 XP reward you are maxed.

The flamethrower can be picked up at the hotel, but you can't buy ammo for it.
Fixed. I made the vendor sell ammo for all weapons now regardless of the chest.

I think that in the game selection menu for the hunter, you should not just add the inscription "Spoilers", but write something like: "Strongly recommended only after completing the main game."
This would be too long for that page also I want to get the attention of new players by a catch phrase :)!

Are you going to add any more missions? Anyway, I was wondering how you could make a nice ending for the hunter.
I am still thinking about adding more missions, so I won't think about an ending just yet. Any suggestions? I'm contemplating the Venture Tower, but a) there are almost only humans there which is boring and b) what new Camarilla prince would be stupid enough to make his haven there?
When trying to eat our brains, our character automatically repels zombies, that is, zombies are almost harmless to the hunter.
Interesting, but I see no way to fix this. Maybe aholy brain tastes bad ;). Anyway they can kill you easily with normal attacks...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 01:10:16 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #158 on: September 22, 2022, 07:03:23 pm »
Of course, this is the experience limit in the main game, but there are many books and teachers that are not here, so in this way there should actually be more experience, IMHO.

It's good to attract new players, but don't forget that the hunting game is more for experienced players. :smiley:

I also think the Ventrue Tower is a bad idea, especially since the hunter campaign has a plot.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2022, 09:25:05 pm »
Of course, this is the experience limit in the main game, but there are many books and teachers that are not here, so in this way there should actually be more experience, IMHO.
You are right, but still you don't need all the XP as for example you don't need to raise any dialogue stats. In case I add some more missions, you will top the original XPs already!

I also think the Ventrue Tower is a bad idea, especially since the hunter campaign has a plot.
I agree. In my opinion the cemetery and the sewers are not suitable either, because most people hate them! I am tempted to create a completely new map, for example have vampires attack the monestary in sp_soc_1. That will take more time though because I can't  just use the original map. I could add a main goal and sub goals though, for example sub goals could be to set up laser traps or rig the boulder, and the main goal would be to prevent the vampires from reaching the doors. This would need for the enemy vampires to actually try and progress towards a target which means a whole new AI setup for the map!

Offline Avadonica

• Methuselah
« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2022, 11:03:30 pm »
This would need for the enemy vampires to actually try and progress towards a target which means a whole new AI setup for the map!

Sounds interesting. It'll be the same settings used for the cemetery zombies which will force the vampire go and break the doors or it'll be something new?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 11:05:20 pm by Avadonica »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #161 on: September 23, 2022, 08:30:45 am »
This would need for the enemy vampires to actually try and progress towards a target which means a whole new AI setup for the map!

Sounds interesting. It'll be the same settings used for the cemetery zombies which will force the vampire go and break the doors or it'll be something new?
No, that's exactly the idea. EntenSchreck and me already discussed how we could make the doors actually take damage compared to the cemetery.

Offline thewarsend

• Keeper of Elysium
  • Methuselah
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
« Reply #162 on: September 23, 2022, 11:42:05 pm »
That is nothing I can fix, the same goes for the hair of the female hunter clipping into her back. Endthewars, could you do this?

I am not sure it is possible fix it using the tools we have. I could try to lessen the problem but the main cause of the problem is probably related to the animation, which is not something we can edit at the moment.

DDLullu might be able to find a solution to this, considering many of the tools I use were created by him.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 11:45:16 pm by thewarsend »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #163 on: September 24, 2022, 09:59:45 am »
I am not sure it is possible fix it using the tools we have. I could try to lessen the problem but the main cause of the problem is probably related to the animation, which is not something we can edit at the moment.
It's not necessary to edit animations, for the female hunter e.g. it would be enough if her pony tail would stick out more from her head or higher up, like e.g. that of Flynn. I don't know if that works with the inquisitors sword though, but it would be cool if you tried!

Offline thewarsend

• Keeper of Elysium
  • Methuselah
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
« Reply #164 on: September 24, 2022, 02:47:07 pm »
It's not necessary to edit animations, for the female hunter e.g. it would be enough if her pony tail would stick out more from her head or higher up, like e.g. that of Flynn. I don't know if that works with the inquisitors sword though, but it would be cool if you tried!

I explained it better on the other thread about this, but what do you think moves the pony tail? It is connected to a bone, if it involves bones or animation you can't edit it. Because assuming it was rigged correctly, it was made this way. (Before when I said animation, I was truly refering to the movement of bones, my mistake. I should have explained it better.)

There is a trick that I could use, but it would not be the proper way to do it. It works well enough with objects that's supposed to be solid, but with a pony tail, it probably will not look nice. I will try it and let you know.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal