collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 11.3 has been released!  (Read 14108 times)

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
Re: Unofficial Patch 11.3 has been released!
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2022, 02:28:45 pm »
Anything else, like new classes or models or completely new maps, would go beyond even the scope of the plus patch.

Obviously :)
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2022, 03:42:45 pm »
I was just thinking if it is really necessary to call the  checkBomb(): function throughout the whole game. If you make a few changes it is more accurate and only called when needed:

Code: [Select]
#VENTRUETOWER 2: Setup timer for plus patch, added by wesp
def setupTimer():
    if (__main__.G.Patch_Plus == 1):
        timer = Find("explosion_timer")
        timer.count_time = 30
        timer.RestartTimer()
        timer.StartTimer()
        timer.Show()
        checkBomb()

#VENTRUETOWER 2: Check if player has the astrolite, added by wesp
def checkBomb():
    pc = __main__.FindPlayer()
    G = __main__.G
    G.Bomb_Time = 30
    if pc.HasItem("item_g_astrolite"):
        explosion_timer = __main__.Find("explosion_timer")
        if explosion_timer: explosion_timer.Kill()
        sound = __main__.Find("disarm_bomb")
        if sound: sound.PlaySound()
    elif G.Bomb_Time > 0:
        G.Bomb_Time = G.Bomb_Time - 1
        __main__.ScheduleTask(1.0,"checkBomb()")

Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2022, 06:54:23 pm »
In my opinion, it is not necessary to make new models and classes, it is enough to make repeating models of three hunters, and distribute their initial stats differently. I don't see any other way yet.

Instead of gaining experience after completing missions, it would be better if we received money and with each new mission the merchant would have new guns and weapons.

Now about bugs.

The clothes bug remained + I found an even funnier bug. If you select a hunter and go to the menu for selecting character stories, then select any one for him, then again to the list of characteristics and go to the choice of clans, then the vampires will be dressed in the last armor.

I found a very unpleasant bug, if you activate the shield, make a quick save and immediately load the game, then we will get constant absorption stats, even without the use of discipline. I suppose if we also activate the shield before the level transition, then we will also get a constant increase in stats. I thus brought up to +20 absorption to everything.  :huh:

In my opinion, you need to remove all named characters at the entrance to the mansion, including the bald Guard + remove Bruno Giovanni so that this does not spoil the plot of the main game. In addition, we should make sure that everyone on this map is immediately hostile to us, the game characters are vampires who can be extravagantly dressed, there is no problem with this. But it's another matter when a hunter in combat attire and with a katana behind his back appears at the party.

I understand that you made it possible to distract the back door guard and enter without killing him. The problem is that when distracted, it does not move away, that is, it does not go to the sound of noise, which looks comical.

Since you have removed the book for shooting, then it is worth removing all other artifacts, including the artifact for experience and the book for evasion.

When entering the mansion or killing Bruno Giovanni, an entry is made in the journal to search for the sarcophagus. Which remains for the rest of the game and with other missions.

Nosferatu hits us with claws, but for some reason we receive normal damage, and not aggravated, as in the main game.

I did not immediately understand how to finish the mission in Santa Monica, in my opinion it is better to put a helicopter in the place where the taxi was standing than to go into the tunnel, although I'm not sure.

I think that after completing all the missions, instead of our brother in the monastery, there should be Bach, who would congratulate us for our successes and the credits would roll, in my opinion this is the perfect end to the company.  :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 07:02:26 pm by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2022, 06:55:17 pm »
I was just thinking if it is really necessary to call the  checkBomb(): function throughout the whole game.
This looks reasonable. Have you already tested this inside the game? I might add it to the next version...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2022, 07:40:20 pm »
In my opinion, it is not necessary to make new models and classes, it is enough to make repeating models of three hunters, and distribute their initial stats differently. I don't see any other way yet.
If you talk about a dedicated mod, this might be possible. For the version as integrated inside the patch it is not.

Instead of gaining experience after completing missions, it would be better if we received money and with each new mission the merchant would have new guns and weapons.
I didn't give any weapons to him to avoid that all classes would be the same soon then, but I agree about the money so you could buy the armor even without using haggle...

The clothes bug remained + I found an even funnier bug. If you select a hunter and go to the menu for selecting character stories, then select any one for him, then again to the list of characteristics and go to the choice of clans, then the vampires will be dressed in the last armor.
Both issues are fixed when I go back to having the hunters start in light clothing, so this is what I will do.

I found a very unpleasant bug, if you activate the shield, make a quick save and immediately load the game, then we will get constant absorption stats, even without the use of discipline.
I will try to find a way to prevent that...

In my opinion, you need to remove all named characters at the entrance to the mansion, including the bald Guard + remove Bruno Giovanni so that this does not spoil the plot of the main game.
This is already the case on my system, can you check if G.GioBotchedInside is 1 if you go to the Giovanni mansion? Maybe I forgot to copy over some files, the same goes for the quest log update.

I understand that you made it possible to distract the back door guard and enter without killing him. The problem is that when distracted, it does not move away, that is, it does not go to the sound of noise, which looks comical.
Fixed.

Since you have removed the book for shooting, then it is worth removing all other artifacts, including the artifact for experience and the book for evasion.
For whatever reason I can't yet remove the artifact, but again, the Dodge book should already be removed.

Nosferatu hits us with claws, but for some reason we receive normal damage, and not aggravated, as in the main game.
I believe the difference between normal and aggravated damage is only valid for vampires. For humans it's all the same!

I did not immediately understand how to finish the mission in Santa Monica, in my opinion it is better to put a helicopter in the place where the taxi was standing than to go into the tunnel, although I'm not sure.
I hope players will figure this out sooner or later. You start at a tunnel and end at a tunnel!

I think that after completing all the missions, instead of our brother in the monastery, there should be Bach, who would congratulate us for our successes and the credits would roll, in my opinion this is the perfect end to the company.  :rolleyes:

Didn't you understand that this happening after the main Bloodlines game has ended? And it's campaign, not company :)!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 08:06:21 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2022, 08:03:03 pm »
I was just thinking if it is really necessary to call the  checkBomb(): function throughout the whole game.
This looks reasonable. Have you already tested this inside the game? I might add it to the next version...
Nope I haven't tested yet. I was just browsing the files for some modifications I want to do for my personal use and thought, there has to be a better way to do this.
Anyway I haven't seen the bomberman in ages because I prefer stealthy characters who sneak past the humans in the tower.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2022, 08:59:32 pm »
Nope I haven't tested yet.
I think there is a logical error there, you set G.Bomb_Time = 30 each time you call the script, so it will never count down. I found a much easier solution, I will call the script only at G.Story_State >= 100! Also I doubt that any of these calls slows down the game...

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2022, 10:34:42 pm »
Strange, I started the game as a female hunter, immediately chose the giovanni mansion, and there were no more such errors. Probably this bug can occur if you choose this mission not immediately.
Well, only there was a bald guard at the entrance, I would replace him with a normal one. :police:

Once again about the inquisitor's cloak, and that it twitches wildly in my menu. For example, do you have the same rear view of a hunter who gives us tasks? I want to say that in the screenshot you can see that some of his textures merge with the cape.

The seller, before talking to him, just stands at the box, and the animation of his interaction occurs only after the first conversation. Is it possible to make his interaction animation with the box work right away?

Holy light works much better, but may not work on some vampires. Although the badge appeared above their heads. I think this is also a bug, not a pattern.

You are a bit wrong about the damage to people. In the lore for the World of Darkness, it is said that the damage carried by claws, magic and even fire on people will not be simple, but lethal. And if we take the game itself, then for example a torch will deal increased damage to Bach, so damage from claws and fire when playing as a hunter should be at least lethal.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 10:50:44 pm by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2022, 10:50:33 pm »
Probably this bug can occur if you choose this mission not immediately.
Fixed.

Well, only there was a bald guard at the entrance, I would replace him with a normal one. :police:
He looks generic enough and could be another brother, like all the other clones out there ;).

Once again about the inquisitor's cloak, and that it twitches wildly in my menu.
That is nothing I can fix, the same goes for the hair of the female hunter clipping into her back. Endthewars, could you do this?

Is it possible to make his interaction animation with the box work right away?
He does this on my system.

Holy light works much better, but may not work on some vampires.
I believe it does not always work if they are already attacking you.

You are a bit wrong about the damage to people. In the lore for the World of Darkness, it is said that the damage carried by claws, magic and even fire on people will not be simple, but lethal.
Still this is hard-coded and Troika decided to not show aggravated damage on humans.

But since you have a different idea, it means that the underground entrance collapsed and was blocked from the explosion, and the hunters that were in the monastery itself survived, so it turns out?
Yes, you can even check out the blocked passage :)!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 11:31:21 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline MikeC

• Fledgling
« Reply #144 on: September 14, 2022, 04:30:12 pm »
Just wondering where I can find a walkthrough for this version. It's been a while since I updated this game, so when I did I couldn't find a walkthrough in the Patch Extras folder, or I'm just overlooking it

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2022, 08:37:08 pm »
It's been a while since I updated this game, so when I did I couldn't find a walkthrough in the Patch Extras folder, or I'm just overlooking it
The walkthrough should be there as always...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #146 on: September 15, 2022, 10:22:44 am »
Okay, I just uploaded a hotfix for UP 11.3 RC 4 which should correct most of the newly reported issues. Especially the soak-staying-after-save-load fix is one of the ugliest hacks I have ever written and I hope that it works! As for the helicopter at the Bloodhunt map, I see no place where it would fit on the street without it looking ridiculous, and I will post for help regarding the model issues that I can't fix myself...

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2022, 07:08:27 pm »
Played the new version.

If during the end of the shield, we were attacked by an enemy, then our character will be in a blue shell until we apply again and remove the discipline. Although this may be a random bug.

The seller generally stopped interacting with the box, now he just stands. In addition, when buying, some types of cartridges are for some reason marked red.

And now the most annoying. If you save and reload the game when an active shield is hanging on us, then when you restart the game, you will need to activate it twice to make it work. In addition, if you turn it off yourself (using the f8 button) and then switch to 1st person mode, then for a couple of seconds our character will not be able to attack and interact with objects.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2022, 08:15:47 pm »
If during the end of the shield, we were attacked by an enemy, then our character will be in a blue shell until we apply again and remove the discipline. Although this may be a random bug.
Somebody else reported that too, but if it is a random bug I can't fix it.

The seller generally stopped interacting with the box, now he just stands. In addition, when buying, some types of cartridges are for some reason marked red.
The missing interaction is intended, because he would sometimes kneel in the midst of dealing which looks stupid. As for the red ammo, isn't that normal?

If you save and reload the game when an active shield is hanging on us, then when you restart the game, you will need to activate it twice to make it work. In addition, if you turn it off yourself (using the f8 button) and then switch to 1st person mode, then for a couple of seconds our character will not be able to attack and interact with objects.
Sorry, that is the best I can do regarding the save bug, because the Numina is actually still running, but it just doesn't turn itself off correctly. Also if you keep saving with Numina active or try other things to break the game, you deserve to get these issues ;)! I wonder if you ever tried the same with Fortitude or Bloodshield...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 08:19:28 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2022, 11:28:03 am »
Of course it's not normal. In the main game, red when buying meant that we didn't have enough money to buy. Here, the colors can be white or red, even if there is enough money, it is confusing.

I don't understand why this should be a punishment, in the sense that I did save and load in the main game with active disciplines and never had such problems. And I think it's not just me doing this, but a lot of other players as well. I don't consider it a game breaking when it was intended and worked well in the main game.
I wrote to you about Bloodshield a long time ago. If you save and load, then it will remain on the character and there will be no problems. But if you load another save where it does not exist, there will be a pink glow until we remove it again and deactivate it. But there are no problems with activation and maintaining discipline. There are no problems with the Fortitude discipline at all. I checked it out recently. You can save and load the game with this discipline as much as you like, there are no bugs.

Perhaps the reason for the bug is that disciplines are displayed differently. That is, the Shield simply adds to the absorption stats and they are added to our absorption parameters and give out one number. Whereas the Fortitude adds + to the absorption characteristics and this is taken out separately from the brackets.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 11:32:06 am by Romka Poet »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal