collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 11.3 has been released!  (Read 21243 times)

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
Re: Unofficial Patch 11.3 has been released!
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2022, 06:04:15 pm »
Played the new version. It was a bad idea not to give body armor at all, the character dies very quickly from two vampires with firearms, it is not realistic to complete the mission.

I did not notice any changes in the work of the shield, in my opinion the discipline does not work stupidly.

After the prayer, the character immediately draws the last equipped weapon, even if he removed it before the prayer.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2022, 07:05:00 pm »
It was a bad idea not to give body armor at all, the character dies very quickly from two vampires with firearms, it is not realistic to complete the mission.
That's why I gave it in the first place. In the next version you can buy it at the monestary if you want :)!

I did not notice any changes in the work of the shield, in my opinion the discipline does not work stupidly.
As Malkav said, vampires' soak is doubled for bullets, so I increased it to +3. Might need to go to +4 even.

After the prayer, the character immediately draws the last equipped weapon, even if he removed it before the prayer.
Fixed. Speaking of Praying, you didn't like the "Faith Gained" message. Should I just change it to "Praying"?

Offline Avadonica

• Methuselah
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2022, 07:17:43 pm »
That should have been the big change of RC2. Make sure to quit and restart the game so the files are swapped in!

Thanks! Working after 2nd game reload.

This is how it is intended and I already followed your suggestion. I can't honestly remember why I put it into the idle section and not the discipline one right next to that in the first place :)! As for the error in the skybox, I can now see it, I was looking for something in the actual sky before. No idea how this could have happened, maybe the skybox of the monestary is the cause. I will edit the map anyway...

Do you plan to make Holy Light similarly Presence?

I noticed Spirit healing will disarm you for a few seconds.
Random bug with Holy Light - if you die with activated Holy Light, in the next load save game your enemies will feel themselves like you used Holy Light on them.
A bug with a shield still works.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2022, 08:18:42 pm »
I don't know how much you have tested the matter, but bloodpool and bloodpool_max don't work for transferring Numina through levels. I found out because my hunter kept her Holy Light but lost the Faith Shield. You can use generation and masquerade. Of course using masquerade has the big disadvantage that it shows in the chareditor. But at least you don't end up under the sheriff's sword if you get it up to 5  :rock: I believe corpus_vampirus is never used as a scripted discipline, so you could probably use that.

Concerning Holy Light, I suggest leaving it as is. Making it similar to presence would require checking the distance of all supernatural npcs to the player every second for the duration. I imagine on a large map like Hallowbrook 2 that could be problematic.

Concerning the faithheal message. Perhaps it's better not to make it a big centered message with logo, but rather as a small one on the top left.

On the matter of holstering or drawing weapons during numina use, I don't have any insight because for my personal use I have commented all the holster commands out of the scripts.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2022, 09:06:29 pm »
I don't know how much you have tested the matter, but bloodpool and bloodpool_max don't work for transferring Numina through levels.
Weird. It works fine for me with all three of them! Or does it not work if you get damaged and get bloodloss?

You can use generation and masquerade. Of course using masquerade has the big disadvantage that it shows in the chareditor.
Masquerade works, and Humanity too, but I could never get Generation to work and this was the first I tried!

Concerning Holy Light, I suggest leaving it as is.
I agree. It also fits better to the particles, this is a light that blasts away once from the player, not all the time.

Concerning the faithheal message. Perhaps it's better not to make it a big centered message with logo, but rather as a small one on the top left.
I already thought about that, but for now I imagine bigger makes it more clear when it works and when it fails.

On the matter of holstering or drawing weapons during numina use, I don't have any insight because for my personal use I have commented all the holster commands
I need to use holster otherwise the weapon animations will get stuck. It is most obvious with e. g. the GLOCK!

On the positive side, I have made a small campaign that you can play through from start to finish :)! For now it encompasses the first two Hallowbrook maps, then back to the monestary, then the first two temple maps, then back to the monastery. I'll do more testing tomorrow and upload the next RC on Monday...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 09:34:21 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2022, 10:00:54 pm »
Agrred, weird. For me neither bloodpool nor bloodpool_max work, but generation does. And I have only copied the numina names as min values into the new stats for testing and copied the new stat name in the script. Could it be related to the fact that I didn't edit the default values? In any case, don't use capital letters for the stats in the script, but since you didn't use them for bloodpool and _max I take it you know this.

For holster, I removed the command because with the desert eagle I was holding an invisible gun after healing. Funny...

There is something else I have been thinking about for some time now. The end of the museum mission in the plus patch. I'd like it if after talking to Beckett the player is teleported back to the museum parking lot and then uses the taxi or sewers to get back to the hubs.
I'd also prefer it for Grout's mansion if interacting with the gate to leave the map would call the worldmap instead of a direct transfer to the downtown hub.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 12:29:31 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2022, 10:22:45 am »
And it gets weirder and weirder. I've run a few tests this morning and now I can use generation and bloodpool_max but not bloodpool. :chinscratch:
It also seems that the script swaps files even when it shouldn't. I made my changes only in stats, not stats-hunter, but I always created hunter characters. I have started new games, made some map changes and then quit. Mostly it worked quite well, but at some points the files were swapped.
For one test I made an inquisitor with stats actually deployed for playing, not just some test points, and armor set to 5 to see how much protection this is against the Steyr guy. Went down and activated the enemies; both spider chicks completely ignored me despite the fact that I didn't use holy light at all.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2022, 03:20:13 pm »
And it gets weirder and weirder. I've run a few tests this morning and now I can use generation and bloodpool_max but not bloodpool.
It might indeed be connected to file swapping. For this to happen you need to enter a map, running the game itself is not enough! Then after the swapping was done you still need to quit and restart for the new files to become active. Avadonica and Romka Poet, does the current setup work for you? Like are the Numina values carried over on save/load and map changing?

Went down and activated the enemies; both spider chicks completely ignored me despite the fact that I didn't use holy light at all.
Yeah, the atrium spiderchicks act very stupidly already in the vampire version. I can't figure out why they always take so long to attack...

Also regarding the hunter campaign, shouldn't the temple come before the Hallowbrook? Also I will give out a few XP for each mission :).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 03:35:52 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2022, 05:57:33 pm »
I just finished the small campaign with temple first and hotel second and it can be done. At least if you buy the body armor, because soaking firearms damage is still hard! I pumped defense up and with Faith Shield the guys at the temple basically couldn't hurt me with their swords, but later at the hotel the firearms enemies were a real threat! Spirit Heal and Holy Light work wonders there, but I did indeed lost my Faith Shield stats somewhere in the run. I checked it out and it seems that Bloodpool does survive level transitions, but not save/load, so I will change that to Generation and Level work instead of Bloodpool_Max.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 06:17:16 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Avadonica

• Methuselah
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2022, 07:03:49 pm »
Save/load partially working - if you level up the numina it could not always save when switching to another map, at the last time I had the problem the shield levels saved.

We can take damage from a great height when uploaded to the hotel map. Is it possible to move a character, for example, here(see s1)?

In the next update, if you add a vendor, can you add a katana to sell? Or replace the torch with a katana for a female hunter?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 09:05:35 pm by Avadonica »

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2022, 07:52:53 pm »
When Save / load and switch to another map, my levels for the Shield and Divine Vision are reset, the discipline of Holy Light is not reset.

Can you give a female hunter an icon of female armor, and not male?

I saw that someone wrote that Liu Fang could get stuck in the door in the Red Dragon. I had this too, but you wrote that it cannot be fixed. Is it possible to make sure that when we enter a restaurant, he always appears at the bar? For example, a girl always spawns behind the counter with the elevator button when entering the map, although she also moves around the map.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2022, 10:26:43 am »
When Save / load and switch to another map, my levels for the Shield and Divine Vision are reset, the discipline of Holy Light is not reset.
I changed the indicator stats for both of these Numina in the new version, I hope they will transfer through map changes and save/load.

Can you give a female hunter an icon of female armor, and not male?
Sadly no, as all the armor icons seem to be hard-coded (Malkav, is this true?). What I can make is display a general sword on shield icon.

I saw that someone wrote that Liu Fang could get stuck in the door in the Red Dragon. I had this too, but you wrote that it cannot be fixed.
I will take a look.
With the new order of starting off at the temple, you will soon get a katana for free :)! Also I see no need to change the hotel entry point.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 11:49:13 am by Wesp5 »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2022, 11:09:51 am »
Sadly no, as all the armor icons seem to be hard-coded (Malkav, is this true?) What I can make is display a general sword on shield icon.

Neither editing 640_hud.txt or whatever is called?
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2022, 11:48:39 am »
Sadly no, as all the armor icons seem to be hard-coded (Malkav, is this true?) What I can make is display a general sword on shield icon.

Neither editing 640_hud.txt or whatever is called?
This is what I tried, but it dynamically gets the correct clan icon. Even the sword&shield doesn't work because then all vampire icons vanish...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2022, 01:56:43 pm »
Update: RC3 is out now. Please everybody test if it improves the Numina transfers during map changes and save/load and if the campaign is managable! I don't see a solution for the armor icon yet, and I don't know how to easily reset LuFang or change the level transitions at the museum and Grout's mansion. In all of these cases, I believe the improvement isn't worth the effort and risk in case something else breaks. It wouldn't be a fix or a restoration either. Next could be to add the bloodhunt map or maybe Venture Tower? Or does anybody want to go through the sewers as a hunter ;)?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal