collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 11.3 has been released!  (Read 14102 times)

Offline Avadonica

• Methuselah
Re: Unofficial Patch 11.3 has been released!
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2022, 09:10:25 am »
I wrote a few new lines for hunter-vender just for fun. Persuade for males and Seduction for females. So if someone wants to get a discount by social methods, welcome. =)

A few spoilers.
Spoiler for Hiden:

for male

for female

installation - put this file into "Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines\Unofficial_Patch\dlg\generic" with replacement.

If you want to return to the old version, please make a copy before replacement.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2022, 12:02:22 pm »
A .bat might work. But only before starting the game. So you either need two files, one for hunter and one for vampire, or you'd have to ask the player if they want to play as hunter or vampire while processing this script.
I believe this would be really confusing to new players. As I guess that the majority of people wants to play the vampire part only, I think it's okay for anybody else to reboot the game once. I improved the info on that too!

On another matter, I have changed the museum ending (for plus patch) so that the player is sent to the entrance and can return on their own by taxi or sewer after talking to Beckett, instead of being sent right back to the downtown hub.
Okay, as you already did the work I will think about including this in the patch ;). I guess you made sure that player can't meet Beckett again or mess the quest up in any other way by immediately returning to the museum? I'll take a look!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 01:24:13 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2022, 03:12:16 pm »
I believe this would be really confusing to new players. As I guess that the majority of people wants to play the vampire part only, I think it's okay for anybody else to reboot the game once. I improved the info on that too!

It won't be confusing if done properly. Like a simple menù:
- play Bloodlines
- play a selection of missions as a Hunter

Still better than writing infos someone might want to skip because it's dumb as f*ck
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2022, 04:32:32 pm »
On another matter, I have changed the museum ending (for plus patch) so that the player is sent to the entrance and can return on their own by taxi or sewer after talking to Beckett, instead of being sent right back to the downtown hub.
Okay, as you already did the work I will think about including this in the patch ;). I guess you made sure that player can't meet Beckett again or mess the quest up in any other way by immediately returning to the museum? I'll take a look!
As a matter of fact I did forget to immediately hide Beckett. Other than that, there shouldn't be problems with the quest.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2022, 04:50:30 pm »
Still better than writing infos someone might want to skip because it's dumb as f*ck

Obviously with "dumb as f*ck" I meant whoever plays the game without reading your infos, not your infos  :azn:
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2022, 05:35:34 pm »
As a matter of fact I did forget to immediately hide Beckett.
I have hidden him the moment the player gets teleported.

As for a bat file, this isn't my style and would look rather improvised. Dumb people are everywhere and anybody asking how to get the faith bar right means making players aware that the option even exists ;). I have added the bloodhunt map now and will upload a new release candidate tomorrow. And man, are Toreador with AUGs and Celerity dangerous :)!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 05:38:00 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2022, 05:42:49 pm »
As a result, a lot of people will ask how to get their faith bar back, and how to make a red bar in the main game. It's not about the stupidity of people, but that it's really inconvenient.
In addition, as you explained, after restarting, it is undesirable to start the game from a save, in order to correctly replace all the files, you need to start a new game again, there are too many actions.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 05:45:20 pm by Romka Poet »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2022, 08:14:13 pm »
Maybe not a .bat, but a user-friendly interface, maybe integrated in the Mod Launcher. Oh, and by the way, does someone remembers the CD interface with that Nossie and that sfx whenever something was clicked? That is a memory :)
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2022, 08:21:08 pm »
Maybe not a .bat, but a user-friendly interface, maybe integrated in the Mod Launcher.
That was done by Psycho-A and I haven't seen him in ages. I can't program it...

Offline Avadonica

• Methuselah
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2022, 09:12:12 pm »
Maybe not a .bat, but a user-friendly interface, maybe integrated in the Mod Launcher. Oh, and by the way, does someone remembers the CD interface with that Nossie and that sfx whenever something was clicked? That is a memory :)

Something like this? =)
Sadly HunterPlus is just a test version made with SDK and I couldn't finish it because I've zero experience on creating mods.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2022, 10:43:53 pm »
Something like this? =)
That would just be another folder which Romka Poet suggested already and which I know how to make ;). But as I said earlier, it would mean about 400 MB wasted HDD space and thousands of files installation instead of swapping 16 files and doing one reboot...

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2022, 07:21:20 am »
Not exactly what I had in mind.

More like, once you click on "Unofficial_Patch" then another window, with the same graphics, will asks you "bloodlines" or "hunters mode". Then a silent script will do all the dirty work ;)

Anyway, what kind of obstacles you faced in your mod?
― me

Offline Avadonica

• Methuselah
« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2022, 11:06:22 am »
Anyway, what kind of obstacles you faced in your mod?

1) (s1) I left only one option to begin a new game - play as hunter. But you can return to base and change hunter to vampire again. =/
I guess I need to replace all 7 clans up to hunters to make it work correctly but I've no models for this. Yeah, I thought how bypass the shortage of models and use passers-by models as other clans like a make one hunter as bum undercover and give him a bat as his main weapon but it's too crazy idea and it is also worth considering here that not all animations can work properly.

2) I need to change many files to make it work only as a hunter mod. Perhaps it could be like symbiosis of functions from the main patch and Prelude but I still try to delve into scripts... so everything remained at the level of the idea.

That's al... =)

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2022, 12:49:04 pm »
A few posts back I was talking about possible types of "classes" (picked from the white wolf wiki) who can be added to the set of hunters :tongue:

Then it's only a matter of adding some new models/reskins, editing a few files, then possibly deleting some others like all the maps you won't play as a hunter (to decrease the mod size). Not an impossible nor difficult task  :wink:  (at least I think so  :shocked: )

Maybe we should continue this discussion (if you want to continue at all) in the mod section....
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2022, 02:24:59 pm »
Maybe we should continue this discussion (if you want to continue at all) in the mod section....
Maybe you should, but then my 400 MB estimate already included only the maps that I edited for the patch. Anything else, like new classes or models or completely new maps, would go beyond even the scope of the plus patch. Which just has been updated to RC4 including Giovanni Mansion and Bloodhunt!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal