collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 11.2 has been released!  (Read 19534 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Unofficial Patch 11.2 has been released!
« Reply #420 on: August 02, 2022, 08:33:10 pm »
I will be on holiday for two weeks from tomorrow, so it better stays empty here :)!

Offline Avadonica

• Methuselah
« Reply #421 on: August 02, 2022, 09:10:24 pm »
so it better stays empty here :)!
Don't hope for that!  :rofl:

P.S. Have a nice holidays!  :cool:

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #422 on: August 03, 2022, 07:21:37 pm »
So if anybody here is bored after playing Bloodlines again and again, you could help me out with another Unofficial Patch of mine. I just recently updated my patch for "The Dark Mod", the "Thief" inspired free fan made stealth game based on the "Doom 3" engine playing in a steam punk medieval setting. I added some cool new features that are not part of the core game, but it would help if people could test the over 100 free missions to see if anything breaks. You can get the game from the link below, download the missions themselves with the internal downloader and once you did that, download the patch from the second link below and extract it over the game.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dark-mod
https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dark-mod/addons/the-dark-mod-unofficial-patch

« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 07:23:34 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #423 on: August 29, 2022, 05:45:21 pm »
Not sure if this has been fixed in the final version; I'm still playing rc2. My character just got torched in the Hallowbrook by an invisible firebarrel.
I had just jumped down through the first hole in the floor (behind the fatguy) and walked inside the small room before jumping down to the next level when I saw flames and got aggravated damage out of nowhere.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #424 on: August 29, 2022, 06:13:32 pm »
I hope I fixed all of the critical places in the final version, but just yesterday I encountered an area where jumping near a barrel can kill you and moved it so it's your own fault ;).

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #425 on: August 29, 2022, 07:56:15 pm »
I hope you really have found all the places because I ran into trouble again. Shortly after the jump I mentioned in my previous post I hit 2 or 3 invisible trigger hurts in a cooridor without any barrels close by. Is it possible that some of the trigger areas reach through the floor or ceiling and the player gets hurt because there is a barrel above or below?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #426 on: August 29, 2022, 08:33:14 pm »
Is it possible that some of the trigger areas reach through the floor or ceiling and the player gets hurt because there is a barrel above or below?
Exactly, but Romka Poet reported all he could find. You are right about the empty room though, I will fix that! Can you please make a screenshot of where you found the others?

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #427 on: August 29, 2022, 08:50:36 pm »
Sorry I'm already installing the current version and I have deleted the folder previously. Maybe I can make a testrun when I have the new patch configured.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #428 on: August 30, 2022, 02:16:28 pm »
I have done some testing in Hallowbrook now. The trigger hurts in the downstairs corridor are gone in the current version, but the one in the room you have to jump through on your way down is still there. There is some kind of box in one corner of the room and the trigger is close to this box, so most people won't notice it because it's not in the path from the hole in the ceiling to the hole in the floor.

On another note: it seems the most recent patch (downloaded yesterday from ModDB) uses the basic loadingtips for plus. The tip for combat areas states that you cannot lose humanity in combat areas and is marked with a comment "basic"; and several times I noticed the feat name "Defense" instead of "Combat Defense".

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #429 on: August 30, 2022, 03:38:48 pm »
There is some kind of box in one corner of the room and the trigger is close to this box, so most people won't notice it because it's not in the path from the hole in the ceiling to the hole in the floor.
I used that box to hide it for the upcoming version :)!

On another note: it seems the most recent patch (downloaded yesterday from ModDB) uses the basic loadingtips for plus.
Fixed.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 08:50:16 pm by Wesp5 »

Online Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #430 on: August 30, 2022, 07:02:41 pm »
I have a question. Previously, if you lie to the bartender that Teresa is looking for a new bartender, he is offended and you can no longer ask him about Teresa or pour out his soul to him. Moreover, if after the first conversation with Teresa, you talk to him again, he will say that he always hated this job.
At the moment, if you do the same, then immediately after talking with Teresa, you can ask how much he is paid and pour out his heart to him. But at the same time, at the next conversation, you can apologize about what we told him about work, to which he again responds that he always hated it. This looks illogical, because he already knows that he was not fired, why is this option now always available with him in a conversation?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #431 on: August 30, 2022, 08:49:22 pm »
Moreover, if after the first conversation with Teresa, you talk to him again, he will say that he always hated this job.
The problem was that there are ways in the dialogue where you would never got that line in the first place. And I'm pretty sure it was you or somebody else here that made me change it!

Online Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #432 on: August 31, 2022, 03:03:47 pm »
Yes, it happened because of me.  :evil:

Just from the way you described it, I thought it would be different. For example, after we told the Bartender that we came to replace him and after the first conversation with Teresa, he will be offended by us and only a dialogue about hating work will be available with him. And only when we return the locket to Teresa from the house, it will be possible to talk with the Bartender about other topics. This is how I imagined it.  :cheesy:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal