collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 11.2 has been released!  (Read 16422 times)

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
Re: Unofficial Patch 11.2 has been released!
« Reply #285 on: June 24, 2022, 08:25:01 am »
Unfortunately he doesn't know. But he said he would come here himself one of these days.  :azn:

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #286 on: June 27, 2022, 09:58:25 am »
I had a couple of times at the beginning of the game that after the cutscene with the Sheriff, fire appears in the window. I looked it up with the noclip, it's just a fire on the ground, very strange, it shouldn't be there, looks a bit like a random mistake.

I have another question. How to get this line from Pisha? Is it necessary to sneak through the Giovanni mansion and not talk to anyone except the Chang brothers or what?

262 line
They were a little distracted, so I was able to slip in under the radar.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #287 on: June 27, 2022, 11:05:48 am »
How to get this line from Pisha? Is it necessary to sneak through the Giovanni mansion and not talk to anyone except the Chang brothers or what?

262 line
They were a little distracted, so I was able to slip in under the radar.

I think you'll get that if you don't attack them (even if you talk to them inside)
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #288 on: June 27, 2022, 11:43:47 am »
I think you'll get that if you don't attack them (even if you talk to them inside)
Indeed, you just need to not fight outside and inside at the party.

As for the fire in the tutorial, that is weird! There is none nearby, only a barrel in the opposite direction.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 11:48:34 am by Wesp5 »

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #289 on: June 27, 2022, 01:58:19 pm »
As for getting this line, that's what I thought. Because earlier if I entered Giovanni's mansion peacefully and only fought the zombies and the Chang brothers, I always got this line of response.

But I didn't just write about it. At the moment, this line cannot be obtained. I think this is due to the fact that in one of the patches you slightly changed the state of the location when you revisit it. That is, if earlier it was possible to revisit the mansion, and everyone on the map was still neutral towards you, now you will immediately be considered enemies. The bald guard outside the building and the guard at the back entrance will attack you as soon as he sees you and there are no guests inside, except for Bruno and the guards. I think because of this, the game thinks that we did not pass the location peacefully, even if we actually passed it peacefully on the first visit, so this line is no longer available to us.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 02:13:58 pm by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #290 on: June 27, 2022, 03:59:07 pm »
At the moment, this line cannot be obtained.
You are right, and fixed!

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #291 on: June 27, 2022, 07:48:51 pm »
Excellent! That is, now this line will be available if we peacefully passed the location and then went to talk with Pisha, but at the same time, if we revisit the mansion, we will be attacked, as is happening now?

In the Downtown apartments in the security room, the chair in the original was not interactive (screenshot from the original game), in the patch it can be moved, which often causes it to fall if I decide to check the computer.
Further, as I understand it, if you hack a computer or enter a password to open a safe on the 3rd floor, then a guard will go to the apartment. It looks kinda weird. Is it possible to make this event more logical? For example, activate this event when we do not open the safe from the computer, but simply open the safe and at the same time cause an alarm sound for a couple of seconds. Judging by the appearance of the safe, it has a digital panel, that is, in theory, the safe may well be under an alarm, from which we cannot know the code in any way.

I recently replayed the clan quest. There you could join the Sabbat with any humanity, in the patch you need to have a humanity less than 5. Why less than 5? I mean, playing not as a Toreador, for whom it is easier to lower humanity, even playing a villain, it is difficult to achieve such a value just by going through quests, you must definitely kill random passers-by. For example, to successfully convince a Vandal after freeing Lily, you need to have a humanity of less than 7, which is not difficult to do without killing random people.
In addition, if later in the Hallowbrook Hotel, we accept Andrey's offer, then we will get 1 experience less, as if we were going through the standard line with finding his lair and killing him. But, given that this is to some extent a cut of the location and by this moment you can already get a body armor from Heather and Andrey will return our ghoul back, this is not so critical.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 07:50:27 pm by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #292 on: June 28, 2022, 10:15:13 am »
That is, now this line will be available if we peacefully passed the location and then went to talk with Pisha, but at the same time, if we revisit the mansion, we will be attacked, as is happening now?
Yes.

In the Downtown apartments in the security room, the chair in the original was not interactive (screenshot from the original game), in the patch it can be moved, which often causes it to fall if I decide to check the computer.
Physics is a big part of what made the Source engine special, why do you always want the old static world of earlier games back?

Further, as I understand it, if you hack a computer or enter a password to open a safe on the 3rd floor, then a guard will go to the apartment.
I assume the guard is watching what you do on the monitor in the basement, what would a local sound alert in the flat be of use?

There you could join the Sabbat with any humanity, in the patch you need to have a humanity less than 5. Why less than 5?
Because the Sabbat is evil and this should be reflected in some way. The CQM is not a good example here, it likes to kill people.

If later in the Hallowbrook Hotel, we accept Andrey's offer, then we will get 1 experience less, as if we were going through the standard line with finding his lair and killing him.
You experience less things so you should get less experience. I think this is the same case for all of the patch shortcuts, is it not?

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #293 on: June 28, 2022, 11:15:01 am »
It just annoys me when objects fall easily, even though I didn't even want to touch them, but that's okay.

I also thought that he could see us from the cameras, but this is also not a very good explanation, because if you hide without catching his eyes, leave the building and enter again, he will again become neutral to us. If he came to the apartment on alarm because we opened the safe, that would better explain why he could become neutral, because he did not see how we look. In addition, the camera is installed, only in the room with the safe, and the guard comes running when we open the safe from the computer, and do not go into the room itself.

About less experience after using other shortcuts, it's not. For example, in the sewers, we will not get additional experience for passing a long path, only we will get more ammo, plus you can get humanity for saving the Nosferatu, but this does not affect the experience points. In the same Hallowbrook Hotel, a long path will only give us more ammo. If we use the shortcut by activating the hidden lever, we will get the same amount of experience as in the long way. In the temple, we will get as much experience through the shortcut as we do in the long way, because we get experience when we already reach the lair of Ming Xiao. And all this I think is quite fair and correct. But if we agree to Andrey's proposal, we will get less experience, which is a shame. Even if we're playing as villains, some Sabbat vampires can be considered anti-heroes to some extent. Therefore, I believe that we should get the same amount of experience as if we were going through it in the usual way or through a hidden label. To balance the experience gained from completing this faction compared to others.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:18:38 am by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #294 on: June 28, 2022, 12:58:03 pm »
In addition, the camera is installed, only in the room with the safe, and the guard comes running when we open the safe from the computer, and do not go into the room itself.
Then the guard reacts to the computer being accessed to open the safe when the user is not at home.

To balance the experience gained from completing this faction compared to others.
Okay, I have increased it to 7 XP for the next hotfix now. I also managed to fix the clipping tie myself!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 01:25:53 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #295 on: June 28, 2022, 01:53:20 pm »
P.S.: I added a line to the guards security computer to show that he can monitor the apt 3 safe status.

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #296 on: June 28, 2022, 02:43:23 pm »
Great, then about the event with the safe, I have no more questions, especially since I remembered that there are alarms without sound that transmit a signal, for example, to a security post.  :smiley:

Thanks, then I'll go through the next update for the side of the Sabbat, by the way, when will it be?

I think that the next two problems cannot be solved, but just in case I will write.  :rolleyes:

If, for example, using hot keys, quickly switch from firearms to cold weapons, then when viewed from the first person, the character will hold his hands as if he were holding a gun, although they are empty. But this only occurs when switching from three guns, namely the Desert Eagle, the Glock, and the Steyr AUG.

If a character is under Obfuscate and at the same time quickly and alternately uses animalism level 3 or 4 on people, then one of them, instead of dying immediately, survives. And at the same time, the enemy can be finished off either on his own with a weapon or with discipline, but he will freeze in a standing position. I made sure this only happens if the character is under Obfuscate, because when I played as a gangrel, I had no such problems and all human enemies died the first time, even if I alternately used level 3 and 4 animalism on them.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 03:02:42 pm by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #297 on: June 28, 2022, 06:13:49 pm »
Thanks, then I'll go through the next update for the side of the Sabbat, by the way, when will it be?
I just released a new version today, but I messed up the temple map 3. I will upload a hotfix...

If, for example, using hot keys, quickly switch from firearms to cold weapons, then when viewed from the first person, the character will hold his hands as if he were holding a gun, although they are empty.
I don't think this can be fixed, and I often see enemies with no weapons in their hands as well.

If a character is under Obfuscate and at the same time quickly and alternately uses animalism level 3 or 4 on people, then one of them, instead of dying immediately, survives.
Weird, but as you already suspected, I doubt that this can be fixed. Disciplines are hard-coded!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 07:47:34 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #298 on: June 29, 2022, 03:30:54 am »
While you haven't uploaded the hotfix yet, I'll write about a couple of things.

In the description of the Toreador the line "Full dialogue Presence" is not fully displayed. Instead, I only see Full.

In Ocean House, where we took the pendant, the bed on the second floor is hanging in the air, there is no support under it. And although when we see this place in the past, there is a support under the bed, in the present, the bed just hangs in the air.

When we arrange a meeting with Zygaena at the warehouse, if we try to talk to him again, he turns sharply towards us for half a second and immediately turns back. It looks crooked, in my opinion a short dialogue with our answer is needed here.

If we learned from Mercurio, Knox or Arthur that Trip sells weapons, but we have not yet visited his store before, then we can immediately say that we heard that he sells weapons without asking for a name. There are no problems with this, everything is in order. But if at the same time we first ask his name, then further, instead of saying that we heard that he sells weapons, our character for some reason asks if he sells weapons. And then we will have to convince him to sell us weapons, although we should not do this if others have told us about it.
I mean, after we asked his name, instead of "Cool. Do you sell weapons here?" should be "I heard this is the place to pick up some weapons." But only on the condition that we first learned from others that he was selling it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 03:43:35 am by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #299 on: June 29, 2022, 12:06:26 pm »
In the description of the Toreador the line "Full dialogue Presence" is not fully displayed. Instead, I only see Full.
Fixed, although this only happens on the weird resolution you are playing.

In Ocean House, where we took the pendant, the bed on the second floor is hanging in the air, there is no support under it.
Fixed.

It looks crooked, in my opinion a short dialogue with our answer is needed here.
Fixed, but it doesn't look much better when he gets up for a short answer...

I mean, after we asked his name, instead of "Cool. Do you sell weapons here?" should be "I heard this is the place to pick up some weapons."
Fixed.

I will uploading the file soon!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal