collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 11.2 has been released!  (Read 9583 times)

Online Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
Re: Unofficial Patch 11.2 has been released!
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2022, 07:59:54 pm »
I noticed that Chunk's eyes in the original (version 1.2) were brown. In the plus patch, the eyes became blue, but the strangest thing is that in the basic version they are also blue. Is it made on purpose?
And the same goes for Slater. In the original, he also has brown eyes, but in the plus patch and base patch, he has blue eyes. Everyone, I think these are the last characters to have their original eye color changed.

Remember, I wrote to you that when applying Dementation level 1 to hunters, Ash runs up to them and asks what's wrong with them, as if they were ordinary NPCs. I think that the point is in his behavior, he does not immediately react to opponents when he sees them, and sometimes he can simply ignore them, and actually perceive them as neutral NPCs in relation to himself. For example, there is no such problem with Yuki or Barabus, they immediately attack as soon as they see the enemy. Can you make Ash more aggressive? That is, make him immediately attack enemies when he sees them. I don't think this will make the mission much easier, and since he is able to attack them sometimes, his sometimes neutral behavior towards them is still a mistake.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 09:06:52 pm by Romka Poet »

Offline Ruminzon

• Fledgling
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2022, 08:33:35 pm »
Hi!
I have problem with guards in Museum. When I suck their blood and let them live, they are not stun!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2022, 09:46:27 pm »
I think these are the last characters to have their original eye color changed.
I reverted their color because I can't remember changing them and my name isn't in the files either.

Can you make Ash more aggressive? That is, make him immediately attack enemies when he sees them.
He has the same combat stats as Barabus or Yukie, so I don't know why he comforts the enemies.

P.S.: Ash was blind and deaf, but I have fixed that now! Before he wouldn't react unless damaged.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 10:09:58 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2022, 09:47:21 pm »
I have problem with guards in Museum. When I suck their blood and let them live, they are not stun!
If you feed from enemies in combat they will never be stunned afterwards! This works only on civilians.

Online Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2022, 10:38:55 pm »
I can’t even believe that after many years, Ash finally became a full-fledged combat partner. Thank you very much, the upcoming update looks very promising.  :cool:

As for stunning the guards, I remember exactly that earlier, when playing as Nosferatu, I often stunned the guard in the clinic, quietly sneaking up to him and drinking blood so that he would not interfere with me here.  :cheesy:  This method still works in this place, this time I used ravens to sneak up on him and drink the blood. I'm not sure if this method worked in the museum because I don't remember trying the same thing there.

PS: I checked, in the museum this method will not work.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 10:47:55 pm by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2022, 11:04:57 pm »
I can’t even believe that after many years, Ash finally became a full-fledged combat partner.
I have another surprise: after looking at Ash I made Yukie defend you even before you talk to her if you are nearby!

I often stunned the guard in the clinic, quietly sneaking up to him and drinking blood so that he would not interfere with me here. 
Maybe this is connected to the area and not the enemies? Like you can't stun enemies by feeding in Combat Areas.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 11:08:18 pm by Wesp5 »

Online Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2022, 11:21:35 pm »
Wow, how cool is that!  :rock:

Yes, that is most likely the case.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2022, 06:35:46 am »
Maybe that eyes mod should be removed. It's not a fix nor a restoration....

And another thing only now I realise: in the final cutscene, the one with Jack and the cabbie, the two chairs doesn't have armrests. If someone can mod those models to give them some armrests it will be perfect.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Online Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2022, 11:20:01 am »
This just falls under the category of improvement. In addition to the fact that the mod significantly improves the iris of the eyes, making the eyes much more realistic, it also corrects the excessive dullness of the original eyes.

Given the model of these particular folding chairs, I can't imagine how armrests could be attached to them. I think that this will have to make a new model from scratch.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am by Romka Poet »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2022, 12:10:42 pm »
If improvements have to be added why not the HQ textures too then? No, I don't think it's a good idea :/ plus there are better eyes textures mods....
― me

Online Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2022, 12:29:19 pm »
Wesp has said he won't be adding HQ textures to the patch. Personally, this mod in the patch, which fixes the eyes, suits me quite well. If you think that there is a mod on the eyes that fixes them better, throw it here for discussion.  :azn:

By the way, Wesp, I'm sorry but I missed another character, the Diner Killer. In the original, he has blue eyes, in the plus patch and the basic patch, he has green eyes. I ran a little more through other characters so as not to miss anyone, I hope now this is really the last one.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2022, 01:05:42 pm »
I meant, for the same principle for not adding HD textures there shouldn't be HD textures for the eyes.... It should be installed optionally.

And regarding better eyes textures, my pick would be Jenya's Eye Replacer:
https://www.nexusmods.com/vampirebloodlines/mods/84
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2022, 01:07:48 pm »
Wesp has said he won't be adding HQ textures to the patch.
The main reason why I won't include HD textures in the patch are 1) the file size would get much too big and 2) the game is known to crash due to HD textures.

In the original, he has blue eyes, in the plus patch and the basic patch, he has green eyes.
Fixed. I hope this is all, because I really want to compile and upload the next release candidate today!

Offline Ruminzon

• Fledgling
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2022, 02:15:37 pm »
If you feed from enemies in combat they will never be stunned afterwards! This works only on civilians.

But I wasnt in combat. They didnt see me, I wasnt in combat! And this never happend to me.

And I think HQ eyes should go. If colours dont match - its mod not improvement.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 02:22:10 pm by Ruminzon »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2022, 02:38:40 pm »
But I wasnt in combat. They didnt see me, I wasnt in combat! And this never happend to me.
Then it has nothing to do with combat, but the area designation as Combat Zone.

And I think HQ eyes should go. If colours dont match - its mod not improvement.
The color changes were not done by the HQ mod, I don't remember who did this.

Anyway, the RC4 is out now!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal