collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 11.2 has been released!  (Read 9588 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Unofficial Patch 11.2 has been released!
« on: May 16, 2022, 09:52:21 am »
So I thought it would make more sense to continue the discussion about the 11.2 release candidates here and not in the 11.1 thread!
Download: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch

v11.2                                                  15.05.2022
-----
+Changed Larry's quest reward early access weapon into an Anaconda.
+Added Nosferatu net lines to clinic guard and fixed quest answer.
+Changed access to shortcuts through warrens and Hallowbrook Hotel.
+Swapped Mr. Ox's quest rewards and added taxi to Leopold Society.
+Disabled talking to Stan Gimble after you sent him away to Vandal.
+Improved Dragon's Breath particles and raised rifle damage a bit.
+Removed autofill of temple boxes and fixed several container lids.
Removed Mr. Ox's name from log and item as you might not know it.
Reverted Blood Boil and back impact to leave decal blood spatters.
Fixed Dane cop walkie-talkie animation and permanent metro sound.
Added fire damage to Hallowbrook barrels and fixed several others.
Fixed floating Venture Tower Chunks and turned them back forward.
Repaired mirrored cardboard texture and timings of Knox and Nines.
Hid dead scrubs blinking and fixed physics problems at warehouse.
Fixed loading tips typo and minor text, dialogue and level issues.

Online Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
Re: Unofficial Patch 11.2 has been released!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 04:39:25 pm »
Wow, I was scared that it was already the finale.  :smiley:
I will duplicate then my last post and add new messages in connection with the latest patch. 

During the bloody hunt, one of the vampires, who was closer to the tobacco shop, used to be armed with a desert eagle, now for some reason he is holding a  in MAC-10 his hands.

When we find Grout's wife and activate the gramophone, the camera focuses heavily on his wife, after which the next door opens. Can you get Grout's wife to spin when the gramophone is turned on? And I think in this case, Grout's wife should look in the opposite direction, and when the gramophone is triggered, turn towards the opened door.

In Downtown, I always have these two carts falling, next to the bar. I think that they are dropped by the homeless passing by. Maybe move them to another place nearby, such as next to garbage bags. There is another problem on this map, initially for some reason the TV cannot be moved, but after some time when entering the map, it appears in a random place and can be moved, after which it will no longer randomly move to another place. Either a bum next to the barrel touches him, or this is already an accidental mistake, in any case, I think it's better to put him next to the cart, so that for sure that he will not move around the map.

I don't quite understand what has changed in Trip's Dialogues? The quest is still taken the same way as it was before the last update. I thought that now you can take the quest if you ask his name, talk completely about Santa Monica and when you talk again, when there is only an option to ask about weapons, you can now take the quest, but this still cannot be done.

Can you move the damage triggers of the two barrels next to the fire mage even closer to the railing? Because they cannot be touched without damage and you will still have to stay closer to the wall when approaching, not only from the left, but also from the right side.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 05:48:05 pm by Romka Poet »

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 06:57:39 pm »
I don't quite understand what has changed in Trip's Dialogues? The quest is still taken the same way as it was before the last update. I thought that now you can take the quest if you ask his name, talk completely about Santa Monica and when you talk again, when there is only an option to ask about weapons, you can now take the quest, but this still cannot be done.
I wonder that myself. The only difference i noticed that i can´t talk about the serial killer and that´s that´s again pretty easy to miss this quest if i don´t do exactly the right steps.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 08:39:52 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 08:39:21 pm »
During the bloody hunt, one of the vampires, who was closer to the tobacco shop, used to be armed with a desert eagle, now for some reason he is holding a  in MAC-10 his hands.
I honestly can't remember why this change was made or how some of the weapons are choosen there at all, so I reverted it.

When we find Grout's wife and activate the gramophone, the camera focuses heavily on his wife, after which the next door opens. Can you get Grout's wife to spin when the gramophone is turned on? And I think in this case, Grout's wife should look in the opposite direction, and when the gramophone is triggered, turn towards the opened door.
I fixed the rotation which was lost when I corrected the aura of his wife, but I disagree about the direction. Even if I knew how to do that which I don't, it would make no sense as the camera would always be looking at her back!

In Downtown, I always have these two carts falling, next to the bar.
Those carts and the TV are physical props so there is no guarantee what happens to them or what will happen if I move them somewhere else. Also if I changed the downtown hub, all saves from the current release candidate will be broken!

I thought that now you can take the quest if you ask his name, talk completely about Santa Monica and when you talk again, when there is only an option to ask about weapons, you can now take the quest, but this still cannot be done.
That is not what I changed. You need to ask him about weapons first and then ask him about his name or whatever! The change is that you don't need to convince him to sell weapons to you before you can get the quest.

Can you move the damage triggers of the two barrels next to the fire mage even closer to the railing?
Okay, it seems I accidentally mixed up the barrels, so I fixed that. Still one could argue that the mage blew up his fire inside of those so they might as well be hotter than the normal ones!

Online Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 09:27:25 pm »
It doesn't matter to me in which direction the Wife will initially be directed, for me the main thing is that she rotates again. Now that's really cool!

Well, you moved the trash can near the club and it never fell again during my playthroughs. I think it's the same here.

Well, this change of yours does not really change the overall picture. I completely agree with Malkav that the first thing I would do in the place of our hero is to ask for a name, and when I learned that his name is Trip, I would immediately joke about his name, and only after that I would start talking about other topics. And to be honest, I also missed the activation of the quest the first time because of the new change.

If you've finally fixed the damage triggers, great. I would probably agree with your version of very hot barrels next to the mage, if they deal much less damage, otherwise the melee character, given that in addition to this, he also receives damage from the barrier and from the explosions from the barrels themselves, he would easily die . On the other hand, all of his magical fire tricks disappear upon his death, so the barrels shouldn't have been so hot after death.  :evil:

By the way, I accidentally saw a very simple and useful sound fix here. https://www.nexusmods.com/vampirebloodlines/mods/207
I haven't gotten very far with this fix, but I can confirm that it fixes a possible stuttering in the menu when selecting and changing the gender of characters. Can you take a look at it? In my opinion, it is a necessary thing, in addition, the author of the fix really likes your plus patch.  :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 09:29:37 pm by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 10:52:12 pm »
Well, you moved the trash can near the club and it never fell again during my playthroughs. I think it's the same here.
I checked the downtown hub by jumping into it and all the carts and the TV were fine. Can't help if someone runs them over later.

I completely agree with Malkav that the first thing I would do in the place of our hero is to ask for a name, and when I learned that his name is Trip, I would immediately joke about his name, and only after that I would start talking about other topics.
But this is not how Troika set things up. When you first meet him you can ask about weapons, only later you can ask for his name.

By the way, I accidentally saw a very simple and useful sound fix here.
These values are posted regularily around the net, some are already included in the patch. If you experience the stutter it would help to figure out which parameter fixes it! Using all of them is no good, because e. g. surround sound is switched on and that should not sound good on non surround systems.

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 05:44:01 am »
Hey Wesp5, haven't been on here for awhile and just found out about this update.  Thanks to both you and your team for making a great game greater. :rock:

Online Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 11:45:47 am »
Eh, I now regret that I did not write about the basket and the TV earlier, when you were moving the trash can.  :lipsrsealed:

On the first two temple maps, that is, ch_temple_1 and ch_temple_2, the enemies stopped moving and moving around the map. Besides, if you don't get close to them, even if they spotted us, they will stand still. And the same problem with the la_bradbury_2 map. Can you fix this and re-upload the patch?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 04:25:37 pm by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2022, 12:47:49 pm »
Oh, I now regret that I did not write about the basket and the TV earlier, when you were moving the trash can.  :lipsrsealed:
I can't remember what the trash can was about, but the carts that start fallen are set to be right that downtown.
On the first two temple maps, that is, ch_temple_1 and ch_temple_2, the enemies stopped moving and moving around the map. Besides, if you don't get close to them, even if they spotted us, they will stand still. And the same problem with the la_bradbury_2 map. Can you fix this and re-upload the patch?
That's really weird. The reason are normally outdated ain files, but I make sure to rebuild them after I edit a map and this time some enemies move and others don't! I will rebuild them and re-upload the patch nevertheless, including the fixes to Grout's wife and the Blood Hunt map...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 12:57:43 pm by Wesp5 »

Online Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 08:22:55 pm »
Thanks for reuploading the patch so quickly.  :azn:

Wow, now the player can't talk to Trip about the murders if we read the newspaper, but can talk about it after visiting the pier with the corpse. Usually, the first thing a player does when going outside is to explore the area nearby and most likely visit Trip's store as well. Thus, it will be possible to take the quest, even if we had a full talk with Trip about Santa Monica on the first visit. That is, the probability of taking a quest from him has greatly increased. Very cool change, I'm surprised you didn't mention it.  :vampwink:

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2022, 11:50:15 am »
Wow, now the player can't talk to Trip about the murders if we read the newspaper, but can talk about it after visiting the pier with the corpse.
I didn't make that on purpose, but the game can only display the first four lines of answers so maybe because of his quest line this changed.

Online Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2022, 11:02:50 pm »
Even if it happened by chance, I think it should be left, I think you did everything possible to make it easier to take this quest now.  :azn:

I noticed that during the trial of us and our sire, Jack lights and starts smoking a cigarette, but when puffing, there is no red light from the cigarette filter, and Jack does not exhale cigarette smoke. Can you add this to him, as do NPCs in the game who start smoking?

In the bar The Last Round, the bartender's hands merge strongly with the bar. Can you lift the bartender a little? I think in this case, his feet can get off the ground, but without cheats, we won't be able to see his feet in the game, unlike his hands, so the normal player won't notice.

In the courtyard of Grout's mansion there is a small invisible bump on the road, because of it we are very off the ground.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2022, 09:37:04 am »
Even if it happened by chance, I think it should be left, I think you did everything possible to make it easier to take this quest now.  :azn:
I'm surprised that everybody is so concerned about this minor quest, probably because of the Finance bonus. I broke some rules to make it even easier to get, please test the attached dialogue file for me to see if this breaks something else!

I noticed that during the trial of us and our sire, Jack lights and starts smoking a cigarette, but when puffing, there is no red light from the cigarette filter, and Jack does not exhale cigarette smoke. Can you add this to him, as do NPCs in the game who start smoking?
Not easily. Jack's animation is part of the whole scene and can't be edited! And I am not in the mood to waste hours of time to try to attach some particles to his cigar. We already changed it's texture so it is not as obvious and the same is true for all bartender cigars.

In the bar The Last Round, the bartender's hands merge strongly with the bar. Can you lift the bartender a little? I think in this case, his feet can get off the ground, but without cheats, we won't be able to see his feet in the game, unlike his hands, so the normal player won't notice.
Yeah, but this is not as easy as you think because the NPCs fall to the ground and do not float! I can only move him away from the bar a bit, but then he will not assume his leaning on the bar pose at all.

In the courtyard of Grout's mansion there is a small invisible bump on the road, because of it we are very off the ground.
That is a fix to avoid getting the player stuck in the ground which is a much bigger problem in my opinion. You can only have one or the other!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 09:39:03 am by Wesp5 »

Online Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2022, 10:52:22 am »
I checked your file, now this quest cannot be accidentally skipped, and most importantly, after we know Trip's name and information about the weapon, the quest can be taken at any time. I think that now no one can have any complaints about this quest and the topic is closed.  :rock:

As for Jack and the Bartender, apparently then we will have to leave it as it is. I myself moved the Bartender off the counter with a noclip to see how it would look, but the result did not suit me either, so I will accept it as it is now. Maybe make an invisible support under it on which it will stand? Although, this is at your discretion. :cheesy:

I guessed that this was done due to sticking in the road, so I will prefer the current solution. Without getting stuck.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 11:29:44 am by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2022, 11:28:29 am »
As for Jack and the Bartender, apparently then we will have to leave it as it is. I myself moved the Bartender from the counter to see how it would look, but the result did not suit me either, so I'll accept it as it is now. Maybe make an invisible support under it on which it will stand?
I already tried this, but the result is the same, also you can crouch over the bar and see that he is standing on something. But I did notice that the basic bartender doesn't have the leaning animation so when the plus one is moved back it looks closer to the original and so it will be!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal