collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 11.1 final has been released!  (Read 8015 times)

Offline tarulu

• Methuselah
Re: Unofficial Patch 11.1 final has been released!
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2022, 01:26:50 pm »
There shouldn't be any way to kill the mage with Obfuscate if there is such way. Tremere have Auspex.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2022, 03:49:06 pm »
We don't know if this particular Tremere has Auspex running with all his fireworks! I have moved the triggers a bit so you should reach him easily.

Also I managed to add soot decals after using the Dragon's Breath, which looks nice! I'll see if I can make them work with the flamethrower too...

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2022, 04:15:50 pm »
I noticed that you raised the camera, but I still see Phil blinking his eye after death, can you raise the camera a little more so his eyes can't be seen at all? As an option, I found a video with a very old version of the patch, where immediately after death, the camera switches to the character, but I think the option with changing the camera angle is much better.

at 17.20.

In the warehouse for these three specific ammo crates, the lid goes into the wall texture when lifted.

Inside the temple, in one of the closed boxes, there is still nothing, in the other there is a crossbow, and in all the other boxes, as it should be, cartridges for our weapons are lying. I searched the github for the missing ammo fix so I could install it myself, but I couldn't find it.  :sad:

Other than that and the sound of dripping blood, there shouldn't be any new errors.  :grin:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 04:20:58 pm by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2022, 06:16:40 pm »
I noticed that you raised the camera, but I still see Phil blinking his eye after death, can you raise the camera a little more so his eyes can't be seen at all?
Are you playing at 4:3 or do you pause the screen, which automatically enlarges it? Because I don't see his eyes at 16:10!

In the warehouse for these three specific ammo crates, the lid goes into the wall texture when lifted.
I will take a look and fix them if possible.

Inside the temple, in one of the closed boxes, there is still nothing, in the other there is a crossbow, and in all the other boxes, as it should be, cartridges for our weapons are lying.

Ah, you mean the second temple map. Please be more precise next time!

Other than that and the sound of dripping blood, there shouldn't be any new errors.  :grin:
Haha, I don't belive you one second ;).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 07:02:31 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #184 on: May 11, 2022, 07:28:34 pm »
I guessed it was because of the screen resolution.
I'm playing at 1366x768 (16:9) resolution. By setting the resolutions lower, I can no longer see the eye, so I think that resolutions of 4:3 or like yours 16:10 will not have problems. But on my second laptop, the maximum resolution is 1920x1080 (16:9), so I don't know if I will see an eye on it or not, it's not at hand now, I can only check it on it tomorrow.

Okay, I'll be more precise next time. I thought that a couple of screenshots were enough and I wrote that it was inside the temple, and not outside, but it's good that we eventually figured it out. You probably don’t need it anymore, but just in case I’ll throw a screenshot with the team you wrote about.  :azn:

And one more funny moment connected with this map: if you enter this map without taking any firearms with you, then in the boxes in which the ammunition would lie, there will be various pocket watches.  :rofl:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 07:53:12 pm by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #185 on: May 11, 2022, 08:35:53 pm »
I guessed it was because of the screen resolution.
Yes, in 16:9 you could still see his eyes, but I have fixed that now.

You probably don’t need it anymore, but just in case I’ll throw a screenshot with the team you wrote about.  :azn:
The problem with your screenshots is that most of the time they are from too close. There are 13 boxes in the temple and so I didn't recognize which one you meant, especially as those in the first map are inside buildings too! The same goes for the warehouse boxes. I fixed them all, but I had to manually check all of them because I couldn't recognize the locations from your screenshots.

And one more funny moment connected with this map: if you enter this map without taking any firearms with you, then in the boxes in which the ammunition would lie, there will be various pocket watches.  :rofl:
That's because they are autofilled depending on what weapons you carry. It made me aware that I fixed that for the first temple map, but not the second, so now I did and made it plus patch only too! Because it makes no sense at all for the Kuei-Jin to offer the player all the ammo he needs, also somebody at Troika filled those boxes with crossbows and someone else overruled this by making them autofill...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 08:40:41 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2022, 09:07:24 pm »
It's great that you were able to fix this, I'll be looking forward to the update. I'm especially glad that you fixed the damage triggers in the Hallowbrook Hotel, finally it will be possible to complete the level without too much damage. Thanks a lot. :rock:

I think that this was done on purpose, given that in the final game we were literally overwhelmed with fights with a large number of enemies. Probably in this way, that is, by autofilling cartridges in the temple, the developers probably wanted to compensate for this somehow. Therefore, given that you have made shortcuts, I personally am quite satisfied with your decision. But I'm not sure that now the players who play the gunslinger can have enough ammo for all the enemies on the Temple maps, including Ming-Xiao.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 09:14:20 pm by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2022, 09:17:00 pm »
I think that this was done on purpose, given that in the final game we were literally overwhelmed with fights with a large number of enemies. Probably in this way, that is, by autofilling cartridges in the temple, the developers probably wanted to compensate for this somehow.
I believe the same and can even imagine Activision forcing this, like placing the flamethrower and Ra blade for free in the first Hallowbrook level where they made no sense at all too! But as the plus patch balances some things already and the crossbow for example got stronger, people should be able to finish the temple anyway. If not, they can take the shortcut!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 09:18:43 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2022, 09:27:59 pm »
Yes, I agree with you. And I hope that you will no longer remove auto-filled ammo boxes on other maps.
At least in a plus patch, you placed the Ra blade perfectly. I would personally remove the flamethrower in the plus patch, because it makes the fight with Andrey free and the easiest, but this change may not be liked by some, so okay.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 12:57:47 am by Romka Poet »

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2022, 05:59:49 pm »
No new stuff to report. i  just want to share this new video from Outsidexbox.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 06:10:12 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2022, 06:09:25 pm »
No new stuff to report.
Puh :).
i  just want to share this new video from Outsidexbox.
Yeah, I just watched this today and am honored that they even managed to get my real name in there! YouTube fame is here ;)!

On another note, I recently discovered a small indie point and click adventure remake of the Santa Monica section of Bloodlines.The main story is the same but a lot of side-quests have been changed! Sadly it has the same kind of bugs like the original game,so if you e.g. do things out of order you can't fullfill all tasks. The developer is working on an expanded sequel at the moment...

https://emontero.itch.io/bloodlust-santa-monica
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 06:18:44 pm by Wesp5 »

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2022, 08:15:05 pm »
Just noticed something funny when rescuing Carson. When the door to his cell is locked, there is a green light on the lever. When you unlock the door, the green light is switched off and a red one turned on.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2022, 08:19:16 am »
Maybe it's intentional, at least from the point of view of Stan: green, safely locked, red, potential danger on the loose  :rofl:
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
« Reply #193 on: May 14, 2022, 09:56:17 am »
Which is the correct dialogue path to activate the Trip quest? I think its way more complicated than before.
Also isn´t Knox first position before the main entrance of hospital not a bit absurd? I mean shouldn´t this not be more discreet place when he asks the player about been a vampire?

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #194 on: May 14, 2022, 04:12:54 pm »
To receive the quest, you need to immediately find out that he sells weapons, after that, when you talk again, ask his name and take the quest using the desired line in the dialogue. Or you can first immediately ask his name, then immediately ask him about the weapon and when you talk again, asking about Santa Monica, select the desired line of dialogue.

I agree that Knox acts a little too strange, in a large circle of people, calmly talking about vampires and ghouls. Therefore, I would move it next to another entrance to the clinic, as when playing as Nosferatu. Wesp thinks that Knox might just be taken for a fool, so he disagrees with us on this issue. :evil:
But there is another reason to move him, he stands on the very aisle and when a dialogue is started, a lot of people crash into us who cannot pass by.

And when talking to him, there is a bug with the camera, when it suddenly drops. Watch from 26.38 to 26.54. Wesp, can you fix this? For example, so that the camera rises again, after selecting a new dialogue, after this moment. If it can't be fixed, then no big deal.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 04:15:29 pm by Romka Poet »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal