collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 11.1 final has been released!  (Read 14872 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Unofficial Patch 11.1 final has been released!
« Reply #210 on: May 15, 2022, 04:55:46 pm »
But speaking of the book i prefer if the book would stay as it is because it seems a bit far scretched that Marian has a book about peeping in their apartment.
I agree. Originally this was supposed to be the computer book, but when Troika changed it, they didn't remember that the flat belongs to a woman then, so I guess this change is fine! Also while you now find it in 505, lockpicking 506 at the beginning of the game gives you nothing, so that point is still made.

So can please post your new dialogue? Do you still use Trips name to start this quest?
Yes, it's all the same, only now you just need to have asked him about weapons which probably everybody has done by that point. Also I added the same at the lines you mentioned earlier in this thread. As for the connection with his name, I can't think of anything better and the coincidence is too obvious!

Why should the player who is just fledgling admit to be a vampire in front of the main entrance of somewhat busy hospital?
Because he is a fledgling who still doesn't really care about the Masquerade? The player can break it left and right all the time!

That was my idea because like you said it seems pretty illogical to not unlock their home particularly for the US.
I did the same with the Red Spot storage room which was locked from the inside and open on the outside for everybody to steal everthing!

As for the empty room in the Ash sewers, I did some research and found old beta videos that show that this section probably existed before the rest of the warrens did, they didn't paste it from there, it rather was the other way around. In that case the empty room is exactly what Troika wanted.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 05:16:48 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #211 on: May 15, 2022, 06:58:08 pm »
Then maybe decorate the room in the Ash sewers. A crucifix on the wall, some cold pizzas and empty beercans on the table. Perhaps a dartboard... After all, hunters waiting to move on a damned need to relax sometimes. Well, a lady of negotiable affection working down there would probably be a bit over the top.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #212 on: May 15, 2022, 07:10:35 pm »
a lady of negotiable affection

That's the first time I hear this expression  :rofl:
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
« Reply #213 on: May 15, 2022, 09:32:03 pm »
lockpicking 506 at the beginning of the game gives you nothing, so that point is still made.
Well you also don´t get something during the quest.  :vampwink:
As for the connection with his name, I can't think of anything better and the coincidence is too obvious!
How many times have someone made the Werner connections with your forename?  :wink:
Also is it really good for an american setting to make this connection? I mean Trip isn´t that uncommon.  https://nameberry.com/babyname/trip

I would suggest that you drop the name connection and create an dialogue before 531: "Huh? What are you smoking? More importantly, where can I get some?" Maybe you can use some crazy weapon slang for this?   https://letslearnslang.com/slang-words-for-guns/

Like: Trip: "Well... okay. Hey, it's cool. I'm overstocked anyhow. Take a look and... feel free to come back any time."
Player: "Too bad you don´t have a Nina Ross"Trip: ""Huh? What are you smoking? More importantly, where can I get some?"
And this is just one example be creative and have fun.  :azn:
Because he is a fledgling who still doesn't really care about the Masquerade? The player can break it left and right all the time!
He / She shouldn´t do that but you are right its possible that the playercharacter doesn´t care.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 09:34:37 pm by Wilhelm-Streicher »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #214 on: May 16, 2022, 09:37:35 am »
Also is it really good for an american setting to make this connection? I mean Trip isn´t that uncommon.  https://nameberry.com/babyname/trip
Maybe, still when I changed the conditions many players all over the net complained, but nobody ever said the connection was weird.

I would suggest that you drop the name connection and create an dialogue before 531: "Huh? What are you smoking? More importantly, where can I get some?"
That pretty much implies weed, and while I once tried to create medical marijuana for him, we currently have no free item to do that. And more important, that would give you one chance only to get his quest, and it's hard enough to get already.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 09:39:17 am by Wesp5 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal