collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 11.0 has been released!  (Read 22293 times)

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
Re: Unofficial Patch 11.0 has been released!
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2022, 04:33:36 pm »
I figured it out and did what I wrote about yesterday.
Remember that even for Tremere you can choose not Strauss, but Anarchs or, for example, a solo ending, and also be able to visit the kappella if we were given an apartment there. In this case, the first visit after the final works perfectly and for a solo Tremere or an Anarch with Max we will have a unique dialogue, after which he will release us.
In this case, before the conversation there will be a variable 0, and after 1. as you said. For my Ventrue, I went in there again and was able to get out immediately, the variable was correct. But I'm almost sure that when playing as Tremere on repeated visits, we will still have to talk to Max to get out, alas, I will have to go through the whole game for this clan again to check this.

Now about something else. I played through the game for the last time with good headphones and noticed that two of the dialogue in the game sound much quieter than the others. These are the only dialogues that have a quiet sound.

Beckett's first dialogue about the antediluvians after passing through the museum. "The Antediluvians? No one I know has ever met one, but each bloodline, or clan, supposedly traces its origin to an Antediluvian. Some say these grandsires still exist into the present. But then, Kindred and kine believe a lot of strange things ."

Isaac has the second after the battle with Andrey. "Heh, heh... exceptional. Come by in a little while, I should have something for you then."

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2022, 04:49:20 pm »
Beckett's first dialogue about the antediluvians after passing through the museum. "The Antediluvians? No one I know has ever met one, but each bloodline, or clan, supposedly traces its origin to an Antediluvian. Some say these grandsires still exist into the present. But then, Kindred and kine believe a lot of strange things ."

Isaac has the second after the battle with Andrey. "Heh, heh... exceptional. Come by in a little while, I should have something for you then."
I never touched the Beckett line, but the Isaac line was edited. Please test if the attached file helps if put into \sound\character\dlg\hollywood\isaac!

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2022, 05:00:40 pm »
Sorry, like I said, I don't have any saves of these moments left. Only a save before choosing the final. The problem is not that you have restored the lines, the problem is that the two dialogues I wrote about have a low volume level, much lower than other dialogues of the same characters. Can this and other lines of dialogues be opened by some program and listened to? Then I would be able to verify this again without checking it in the game itself.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2022, 05:14:23 pm »
Can this and other lines of dialogues be opened by some program and listened to? Then I would be able to verify this again without checking it in the game itself.
You can open the sounds with any media player that doesn't change them. I use Mediaplayer Classic, but Audacity would work too!

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2022, 05:18:55 pm »
Thank you. It's strange, but when I listen to this dialogue of Isaac through the program, the sound is normal. The volume level when listening through the program is the same as other dialogues of this character. But in the game itself, he is quiet. Using the console, I was able to reproduce this dialogue in the game and check the sent file, alas, but it still sounds quieter than his other dialogues.

You can see for yourself if you use my save. Talk to him and compare the dialogue I've written about with others in terms of volume level.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 05:54:01 pm by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2022, 06:12:16 pm »
Using the console, I was able to reproduce this dialogue in the game and check the sent file, alas, but it still sounds quieter than his other dialogues.
Then I'm out of ideas...

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2022, 11:57:55 pm »
Wesp, can you check out Knox line 61 col e.vcd? There is an awfully long silence after his sentence because the spoken text is about 12.5 seconds, but the gesture channel has 17.1666 seconds. And there aren't any expressive gestures there.

I think mercurio line 983 should have the condition G.Mercurio_Therese == 0.

Is it possible to end malcolms animation faster when the player starts the dialog? Looks a bit funny when he turns around and is still in the (Ithink it's hacking) animation.

Have you done something on the tutorial map or with the Ingram sound? I've started two games today with the new patch and in both cases the smg of the sabbat who shoots me in the alley was very quiet.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2022, 12:24:11 am »
I also have something to add.

In some cases, spawning on the atrium map, we can take damage, and this time I was lucky, but sometimes in my playthroughs I received very strong damage. All because of the barrel, which is right next to us. It seems to me that we should appear at the door that is very close, for example, as in the 3rd screenshot, and not in the hall itself, next to this barrel.

Regarding the sound of Ingram at the beginning of the game. During the cutscene with the Sheriff, at first only the left earpiece works, because one vampire starts shooting, then both shoot and the sound appears in both headphones. So it was before.
But when a Sabbat vampire shoots at us, the sound is actually quiet, it wasn't like that before.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 12:58:53 am by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2022, 09:15:32 am »
Wesp, can you check out Knox line 61 col e.vcd? There is an awfully long silence after his sentence because the spoken text is about 12.5 seconds, but the gesture channel has 17.1666 seconds.
Fixed.

I think mercurio line 983 should have the condition G.Mercurio_Therese == 0.
Done.

Is it possible to end malcolms animation faster when the player starts the dialog?
I don't think I know how to do that.

Have you done something on the tutorial map or with the Ingram sound?
I don't think so, but I would rather find a way to remove the tracers there.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2022, 09:31:51 am »
It seems to me that we should appear at the door that is very close, for example, as in the 3rd screenshot, and not in the hall itself, next to this barrel.
You are not supposed to have entered through a door, but dropped down from the roof through a window! But I will move that barrel a bit out of the way.

But when a Sabbat vampire shoots at us, the sound is actually quiet, it wasn't like that before.
I don't think I changed anything there, but I could make it louder althought it is quite far away.

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2022, 09:59:31 am »
Are you sure we're jumping over there from the roof? The roof is quite high and there is no sign that there is any hole or passage through which one can jump. I always thought that we go up on the lift and there we go through a door, like a back exit. This would by the way could explain why we would find ourselves back in the alley and go down the elevator. As I showed you in one of the videos of The Final Nights 1.6 mod.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 10:37:40 am by Romka Poet »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2022, 11:14:59 am »
@Romka Poet, that lift we use is for the windowcleaners so I doubt it leads to a door on a public level. We probably have to break a window and jump in.

For Malcolm, maybe he shouldn't turn around at all but continue treating his patient. I have tried to figure out how this is done with Mitnick, but I was only able to see that they use a scripted sequence to turn him in the middle of the dialog and that not facing the player is removed when the dialog ends. But I couldn't find where it is set.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2022, 11:26:22 am »
I understand your position. But this does not negate the fact that the hotel may have a back door with a ladder, which can be fixed on the roof itself and therefore we have to use the elevator, I think this is quite possible. But if we take into account the version with the roof, then there is no sign of our interaction on it. This looks strange. If there was any sign of this, I would not write about it.

I don't think Malcolm shouldn't be turning towards us. He says "Till then, stay with your friend and make sure she doesn't go into shock. I must go." That is, further to treat your patient.  :azn:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 02:43:44 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2022, 12:34:37 pm »
I looked at the architecture of the building from the outside. It is clearly seen that the elevator can go up to the roof of the building. There is not much to see on the roof itself, but I believe that the black texture in the second screenshot could very well be the exit to the roof from the building itself.
And from it you can already get to the door that is next to us. In my opinion, this sounds much more logical, and most importantly, safer than breaking through the very roof or window of a building and jumping from a great height.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2022, 12:39:48 pm »
If the PC has to jump into the building at least it should be shown an animation of he/she breaking a window and jumping in (for an example reusing the one from the last part of Grout's Mansion, maybe from another angle just for variety)
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal