collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.9 has been released!  (Read 50546 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.9 has been released!
« Reply #1155 on: January 13, 2022, 10:35:45 pm »
Update:

I have fixed the Fu Syndicate problem by just keeping the SWAT door open, so if anybody gets stuck inside, you can still get in behind them to finish them off.

As for Presence, please check the attached version. Daze is back to happening at the start only, and the flee and cower should not vanish people in the end!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 10:53:14 pm by Wesp5 »

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #1156 on: January 13, 2022, 11:42:05 pm »
After the Sabbat attack there is a red handprint on the elevator door. The border of this picture is quite visible.
Which Sabbat attack are you talking about? What elevator door on what map?
Sorry. I mean the attack on the Ventrue tower after the Society. And the door to the elevator you use to go up to Lacroix (in the lobby, not the one for Nossies). There is a "bloody handprint" decal on the door and the border of that decal is clearly visible.

I just installed rc8.2; it seems you accidentally made doll 6 (the smokeshop guy) gay only. You have linked line 2 to 21 but it should be to line 11.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Online Romka Poet

• Methuselah
« Reply #1157 on: January 14, 2022, 02:12:30 am »
I checked the file, now the presence is working perfectly. The only thing that bothered me before was that the enemy could run away from the map forever, which could break the scripts. For example, if a commando ran away, then he could completely disappear from the map, and the game thought that I had not cleared the room, and I would be stuck there forever. It's the same with Yuki, when we cleared the Temple, one of the Chinese could disappear forever from the map and then Yuki would refuse to talk to us, even after a complete sweep.

Now this problem is gone, no one magically disappears from the map, the scripts work, the presence sometimes stuns the enemy. And since you opened the SWAT door, it's now impossible to get stuck there. Now I am completely satisfied with everything, thank you)

I have only a small wish. Is it possible to make a character walk through here? This is not intended by the game, but judging by its appearance, it would be quite possible to crawl through here.

By the way, did you change anything in Bach's characteristics? It seemed to me that he began to shoot less strongly, even with the fact that we increased the damage of the sniper rifle, but I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 06:19:02 am by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #1158 on: January 14, 2022, 08:55:35 am »
I mean the attack on the Ventrue tower after the Society.
Sorry, but this can't be fixed without recompiling the map.

I just installed rc8.2; it seems you accidentally made doll 6 (the smokeshop guy) gay only.
Fixed.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 09:52:00 am by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #1159 on: January 14, 2022, 08:58:09 am »
Now this problem is gone, no one magically disappears from the map, the scripts work, the presence sometimes stuns the enemy.
I noticed the vanishing act when I tested it on the Zhao Tongs and replaced the animation with something similar.

I have only a small wish. Is it possible to make a character walk through here?
Can you give me a tip where this is? Like on which level of the Hallowbrook. Still chances are slim with geometry...

By the way, did you change anything in Bach's characteristics?
No.

Online Romka Poet

• Methuselah
« Reply #1160 on: January 14, 2022, 11:04:56 am »
I think that now it is more clear what kind of place. There is also a descent nearby, where they can kill our Heather.
If it doesn't work out, it's okay, it's just a suggestion.

Well, then it seemed to me)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #1161 on: January 14, 2022, 11:45:38 am »
I think that now it is more clear what kind of place.
Yeah, I figured it was that area, but sadly Hammer crashes as soon as I load the map so I can't even look if there is an invisible wall.

Online Romka Poet

• Methuselah
« Reply #1162 on: January 14, 2022, 11:51:48 am »
Well, to hell with it)

Are you sure removing Glock from Fu Syndicate is a good idea? Have you watched the movie Saw?) It's the same here. The glass is bulletproof and in my opinion Mandarin could have left it there on purpose to give us a chance to go further. Judging by the further trials, he clearly did not plan for us to die so quickly. And he could not find out that we already have a firearm.
Otherwise, I could ask you: what is a flamethrower doing in the atrium of the Hallowbrook Hotel?)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 01:38:39 pm by Romka Poet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #1163 on: January 14, 2022, 01:50:12 pm »
Are you sure removing Glock from Fu Syndicate is a good idea?
Yes, because I added it myself some time ago, thinking you need it to get through the blade room. But while fixing the SWAT door I noticed that those gratings can be broken, so there is no need for a firearm, even if stupid players have none at all at the time :)!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 01:52:43 pm by Wesp5 »

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #1164 on: January 14, 2022, 02:07:02 pm »
I think that now it is more clear what kind of place.
Yeah, I figured it was that area, but sadly Hammer crashes as soon as I load the map so I can't even look if there is an invisible wall.
I know you can shoot through this gap. I often do so to get rid of the shotgun guys who are in the corridor to the left if you look from inside the room.
Anyway, wouldn't going through there mean you can avoid the firemage? That's probably not intended.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #1165 on: January 14, 2022, 11:26:35 pm »
Good news! While I was fixing the Fu Syndicate door I listened to the Mandarin's speech again and thought, one of the SWAT members should use a Dragon's Breath. So this is what I did for the plus patch. I attached the map, because I fear this could unbalance the encounter. Can some of you please test if this is still managable?

Online Romka Poet

• Methuselah
« Reply #1166 on: January 15, 2022, 03:31:59 am »
I checked, the bars can actually be broken, I didn’t know about it either, amazing game, after many years and playthroughs, it’s still able to surprise)

Regarding the special forces: Dragon's breath kills even a well-trained character with artifacts with 2 shots, it can kill us even with two shots when Fortitude is activated. Even if you try to kill a special forces soldier, he will most likely fire one shot at us, and then the remaining special forces will finish us off. Also, getting this weapon so early will make fighting the Chang Brothers and Bach a lot easier.
Mandarin says "The weapon modifications are my own design" That is, this is his unique development. But Mercurio sells it, and I like to get it from him, before clearing the Sabbat, which Mercurio himself emphasizes. I prefer to think that the Mandarin made reinforced ammo for a normal shotgun and gave it to his mercenaries.

From this I conclude: the addition of this weapon unnecessarily overcomplicates the place, which was already good in terms of complexity, plus it kills the balance of the game.

I have an alternative proposal for you: Do you want to distribute to all the special forces on the SPAS-15 map? I don't think it will strengthen the special forces too much, but it would make more sense if they used weapons that are more often used by the police and special forces.
Also, if we came to the conclusion that it deals more damage because of the reinforced 12 gauge rounds, then it will not make much difference whether they were made by the Mandarin, or they were originally strengthened for this weapon. It won't break the logic of why Spas 15 does more damage.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 04:18:46 am by Romka Poet »

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
« Reply #1167 on: January 15, 2022, 09:06:48 am »
and thought, one of the SWAT members should use a Dragon's Breath. So this is what I did for the plus patch. I attached the map, because I fear this could unbalance the encounter.
Wait what?!?  :holy: I made a similiar proposal (SPAS-15) some time ago and you don´t want to do that. Now you gave the player one Dragon´s Breath for free which normal you only get after Bach. Also i agree with Romka here that it should be unique Mercurio gun.
Unlike the Spas 15 (i believe most people buy one for the sewers so it isn´t that big of a deal to give one Fu guy a Spas 15) I think that´s too much.

Speaking of guns again. What is the point of the Fragmentation Grenade? Its a nice restoration i guess but pretty useless for actual gameplay.
I mean this grenade should atleast kill some random human enemies like the guards in Venture lobby but no. It has a random effect and makes only 20-30 damage. Also the player only gets one for the whole game.
Edit: I kinda wish that you have restored this gun instead from this Mercurio line 451: "451    }{    Only a lunatic'd want that kind of ordnance. That's why they got 'em in Washington. [Best thing I've got to offer is a little disposable number that fires rockets. I've only had two before. Not cheap. I'll call in some favors - gonna take time.] "  but whatever.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 09:17:38 am by Wilhelm-Streicher »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #1168 on: January 15, 2022, 10:45:22 am »
Dragon's breath kills even a well-trained character with artifacts with 2 shots, it can kill us even with two shots when Fortitude is activated.
Yeah, I feared as much, but I just wanted to be sure. I could try to increase spread and see if this would weaken it...

Mandarin says "The weapon modifications are my own design".
That bothered me too, because Mercurio said he build his one himself too. So how are the chances, they look alike?

I have an alternative proposal for you: Do you want to distribute to all the special forces on the SPAS-15 map?
That sounds like a reasonable compromise, but I will only give one guy that gun. Please test the attached map!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #1169 on: January 15, 2022, 10:51:53 am »
I made a similiar proposal (SPAS-15) some time ago and you don´t want to do that.
I'm pretty sure I tried  that at the time, but it didn't work. And now it did :)!

What is the point of the Fragmentation Grenade? Its a nice restoration i guess but pretty useless for actual gameplay.
I completely agree, but as it was already in the game I just had to try it. I have no idea why the damage is so random!

I kinda wish that you have restored this gun instead from this Mercurio line 451: "451    }{    Only a lunatic'd want that kind of ordnance. That's why they got 'em in Washington. [Best thing I've got to offer is a little disposable number that fires rockets. I've only had two before. Not cheap. I'll call in some favors - gonna take time.] "  but whatever.
Technically this would not be a problem if we had a free weapon slot, which we haven't, as Lenuska already created a rocket launcher for her Arsenal Mod. Sadly though, there is no voice for the part in the brackets, which is just the leftover comment.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal