collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.9 has been released!  (Read 26902 times)

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.9 has been released!
« Reply #360 on: October 04, 2021, 11:09:38 am »
Is it intended that you get a double humanity gain for rescuing Johansen in the plus patch?
There is a plus-only gain in the dialog when you promise to get him out and a gain for both patches when he actually makes it to the boat.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #361 on: October 04, 2021, 01:06:00 pm »
Is it intended that you get a double humanity gain for rescuing Johansen in the plus patch?
Yes, I figured you should get a point for trying because Johansen easily gets stuck on the way out.P.S.: I thought this over and you are right. One humanity gain is enough, so I will change this now.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 02:54:29 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline MooCHa

• Nelapsi
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #362 on: October 16, 2021, 08:38:28 pm »
Hello. Sir Wesp,

My lad has just started his VTMB:Bloodlines tour as a Toreador on GOG Version.

1)Clip error entering Nossie lair after warrens going to Mitnick as come out of the water some ground catches you.

2)VV got annoyed even though completed chastity quietly. no guns, no witnesses, no buffs and still complained.

Regards...

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #363 on: October 17, 2021, 08:38:18 am »
I've noticed something too. When you enter Arthur's map for the first time and he's on the phone, if you attack him in the middle of his call he doesn't flee, he ends his conversation and then flees in terror.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #364 on: October 17, 2021, 07:07:33 pm »
Hello. Sir Wesp
Nice to see you are back, MooCHa!

1)Clip error entering Nossie lair after warrens going to Mitnick as come out of the water some ground catches you.
I think that has been fixed in the meantime, but GOG is still on version 10.2 as far as I know where it hadn't.

2)VV got annoyed even though completed chastity quietly. no guns, no witnesses, no buffs and still complained.
That could be several things. Can you see in the console what the values are for G.Sin_Innocent and G.Sin_Sound?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #365 on: October 17, 2021, 07:52:13 pm »
When you enter Arthur's map for the first time and he's on the phone, if you attack him in the middle of his call he doesn't flee, he ends his conversation and then flees in terror.
That is not an easy fix, because I trigger the sound with a Python command and can't remove it. I managed to make him flee directly, but then the sound will still continue!

Malkav, any ideas? If I move the sound inside the map, how do I make it play in lip sync without creating a choreographic scene which I really want to avoid for this one line.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 08:03:36 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #366 on: October 17, 2021, 08:19:17 pm »
When you enter Arthur's map for the first time and he's on the phone, if you attack him in the middle of his call he doesn't flee, he ends his conversation and then flees in terror.
That is not an easy fix, because I trigger the sound with a Python command and can't remove it. I managed to make him flee directly, but then the sound will still continue!

Malkav, any ideas? If I move the sound inside the map, how do I make it play in lip sync without creating a choreographic scene which I really want to avoid for this one line.
I have no idea if it is possible to lip-sync an ambient_generic. But I have two ideas, one of which might work.
If you have him play another dialog line like "help" or similar OnTakeDamage, does that stop the previous one?
Or
You make a silent soundfile in exactly the same length, play this as the dialog "sound" from the vcd and at the same time play the "real" sound as ambient_generic that can be stopped anytime.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #367 on: October 17, 2021, 09:57:11 pm »
If you have him play another dialog line like "help" or similar OnTakeDamage, does that stop the previous one?
I had the same idea, but haven't found the time to test it yet. I wanted to go with a silent line in that case...
Update: Yes, the silent line stopped the other line so this issue is fixed now :)!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 10:22:19 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline MooCHa

• Nelapsi
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #368 on: November 01, 2021, 06:55:00 pm »
Hello. Sir Wesp
Nice to see you are back, MooCHa!

I think that has been fixed in the meantime, but GOG is still on version 10.2 as far as I know where it hadn't.

That could be several things. Can you see in the console what the values are for G.Sin_Innocent and G.Sin_Sound?

He has uninstalled/deleted everything so no chance of finding out, so it's a case of if it comes up again from another player.
Regards...

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #369 on: November 05, 2021, 02:43:31 pm »
Thanks again Wesp and all who help!   :cool:
Is there another patch in the works, just wondering if starting a new game now or later is a better choice?
Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #370 on: November 05, 2021, 03:23:36 pm »
Is there another patch in the works, just wondering if starting a new game now or later is a better choice?
I have a 11.0 release candidate out on ModDB and I have no changes planned for it yet ;):

https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch/downloads/unofficial-patch-110

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #371 on: November 05, 2021, 10:36:29 pm »
Great news, thanks! :vampwink:
Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #372 on: November 07, 2021, 02:58:01 pm »
Could you add the actual release version, in the game options display for VtM Bloodlines Patch?
I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out which version I currently have, before upgrading.
It says 10.8 , but I think it's actually 10.8rc2.1
It would help players keep track of which version they are playing or testing, especially for being able to report an issue.
I installed 11.0.rc4 but it shows 11.0 . It's easy to forget if life gets in the way, coming back to the game a week or month later.

Edit:Occ, did the discord channel become private or disabled?
I could have missed something but I've read the readme about Steam but is there any way to stop it from Updating?
Oddly, I see the game installed in Steam and it even has a 'Play' button.
However when I press play it looks like it's trying to ReInstall.
Or have we just gotten to the point, Steam no longer recognizes the game after the patch?
I'm not complaining, just unsure of the situation, atm. 

Help, how do we disable this Post Formatting?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 03:27:49 pm by Acleacius »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #373 on: November 07, 2021, 03:27:23 pm »
It would help players keep track of which version they are playing or testing, especially for being able to report an issue.
I might consider this, but normally the release candidates are not so different, that it really matters.

Edit:Occ, did the discord channel become private or disabled?
I don't use Discord, so I don't know.

Oddly, I see the game installed in Steam and it even has a 'Play' button. However when I press play it looks like it's trying to ReInstall.
You need to turn auto-updates of for Bloodlines, otherwise each time Steam checks file integrity it will try to downgrade the game.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 03:29:48 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #374 on: November 07, 2021, 03:30:04 pm »
Thanks, I don't think there is a way to turn off Updates. The only option seems to be 'Only Update When I Play",
then it tries to Update/Downgrade. I guess, we can only play Bloodlines by direct shortcut but Steam won't track hours played.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 04:12:42 pm by Acleacius »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal