collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.9 has been released!  (Read 108547 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.9 RC 1 has been released!
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2021, 04:28:44 pm »
He is actually immortal, but i think if you hit him, you need to reload in order to talk to him again.
Yes, he is immortal and if the Fledgling is stupid enough to attack him, he should die :)...

But i think hunter should attack him regardless, if that is not too much trouble.
That is a main problem of the Bloodlines AI, cops will also only attack you and no others.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 04:40:04 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2021, 04:35:11 pm »
After killing all the zombies, she just sits and cries in the corner. At 10.6, after killing a zombie, if you approach her, she fled further through the door, which was knocked out by the zombie.
I think you need to walk up to that door now to get the zombie to break it, then Nadia will follow. Otherwise she and the zombie would ignore each other which looked lame...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 04:39:10 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2021, 04:35:52 pm »
In warehouse there is a red ladder which leads to office upstairs but the ladder is incomplete, half of it is gone but you can still climb on it.
Which warehouse are you talking about here?

Offline tarulu

• Antediluvian
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2021, 05:05:01 pm »
That is a main problem of the Bloodlines AI, cops will also only attack you and no other
Would this be possible to fix at least case based? or it won't work in npc makers?
Which warehouse are you talking about here?
Sabbat warehouse.

Offline tarulu

• Antediluvian
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2021, 05:16:26 pm »
If he dies he should drop the nossie sewers book and with it the player can find the road to the warehouse.
That can't be used by other clans as far as i am aware. and really there is no point in killing him, the only way you can kill a vamp is by permission of Prince, so even if you kill him you should die.
Otherwise his place can be turned into a small elysium, if you bring hunters he should use obfuscate and the place will return to a masquerade area. When the hunters are gone the place can return to its elysium state and Bertram will reappear.
His place is part of Santa Monica hub so that can't happen either.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2021, 05:21:14 pm »
That is a main problem of the Bloodlines AI, cops will also only attack you and no other
Would this be possible to fix at least case based? or it won't work in npc makers?
It might be possible to make them attack only Tung if he is around, but I don't know. How did you get hunters to appear anyway?
Sabbat warehouse.
Ah, I found it. I'll try to fix that...

Offline tarulu

• Antediluvian
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2021, 05:27:42 pm »
It might be possible to make them attack only Tung if he is around, but I don't know. How did you get hunters to appear anyway?
I think i had two masquerade points down when i went into frenzy and attacked him,  then  i went around asylum and hospital dark alleys which Tung followed me, then there was this girl with torch! which is weird, didn't she only spawn right by arthurs shop? i remember it this way.
Ah, I found it. I'll try to fix that...
Thanks.

Offline SCO

• Methuselah
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2021, 06:18:06 pm »
Number of hunters and models and places they spawn depend on the masquerade only and they teleport/spawn to the nearest of their hunting places you pass through until you activate one of those places. At lowest masquerade all of them appear except in one or two places in the car parking lot of santa monica.

In effect, there is only a few routes that will give you a 'hunter free experience' at low masquerade in santa monica. After you kill them once they'll only respawn on a new map load.

Notice that santa monica is by far the map where you'll notice hunters the most because there is only one non-obvious route to avoid their spawn between the two streets (hospital alley then through the kamikaze zen alley).

For the longest time i thought there were no hunters in the LA map (not true) and the hunters in hollywood and chinatown are in places you only want to go a few times, except the cemetery.

Basically if you're willing to take the opportunity cost of not getting money out of the prince (which you won't anyway as a nosferatu) and are willing to allow the risk of getting to 0 masquerade and getting game over, you can use low masquerade to spawn hunters to farm weapons to sell. It's a slow way to get money but it works. It isn't really needed except if you have a mod that drain money (like the college mod or something like that). They're dangerous though, so assassination or very high level disciplines are needed and that's kind of slow and boring.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 06:30:58 pm by SCO »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2021, 06:24:50 pm »
I think i had two masquerade points down when i went into frenzy and attacked him,  then i went around asylum and hospital dark alleys which Tung followed me, then there was this girl with torch!
I think I have fixed this now! As it is hard to test, do you have a save nearby? Then just paste the code below into vamputil.py:

#Called on the hubs (and possibly other maps?) to place hunters if the player violates the masquerade, changed by wesp
def checkMasquerade():
    level = __main__.FindPlayer().GetMasqueradeLevel()
    print "level %i" % level
    if(level >= 2 and level < 5):
        #changed by dan_upright 07/12/04
        G = __main__.G
        if (G.In_Hollywood != 1 or G.Courier_QuickBuck != 1):
            i = 2
            while(i <= level):
                if(huntersDead[i - 2] == 0):
                    spawner = Find("hunter_maker_%i" % (i - 1))
                    spawner.Spawn()
                i = i + 1
        bertram = Find("Bertram")
        if bertram:
            hunter1 = Find("hunter_1")
            if hunter1: hunter1.SetRelationship("bertram D_HT 5")
            hunter2 = Find("hunter_2")
            if hunter2: hunter2.SetRelationship("bertram D_HT 5")
            hunter3 = Find("hunter_3")
            if hunter3: hunter3.SetRelationship("bertram D_HT 5")
        #changes end[/i]

Offline SCO

• Methuselah
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2021, 06:41:51 pm »
I think what's more problematic is the fact that hostile bertram might break the game personality (by not transporting the pc to the warehouse or enabling the cab driver).
Does he calm down if you exit the map and come back?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 06:43:38 pm by SCO »

Offline tarulu

• Antediluvian
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2021, 06:42:49 pm »
Yes the script works but you must set D_HT to 10 for Tung, because seems the initial value for player is higher than 5.

I think this is fine since Tung with his Potence activated at night and being a Nosferatu looks more dangerous, unless you are a Nosferatu yourself which in that case he is also a little bigger.
But overall it works, so thanks.
btw, is the random dialogues in combat baked into vampire class and unchangeable?

Edit: If the first hunter that spawns is always the one with torch, maybe the third hunter hate value for Tung can be 5 so one of hunters also attack player. it can also be further customized for Nosferatu player.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 06:52:47 pm by tarulu »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2021, 07:00:23 pm »
His place is part of Santa Monica hub so that can't happen either.
I meant when you enter the oil tank the map became elysium zone, going outside return to masquerade zone. IIRC there are some maps in the game where the type of zone changes....
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline tarulu

• Antediluvian
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2021, 07:19:47 pm »
I think what's more problematic is the fact that hostile bertram might break the game personality (by not transporting the pc to the warehouse or enabling the cab driver).
Does he calm down if you exit the map and come back?
No, just went to surfside dinner while he was getting attacked by torch girl, both were still there when i came back.
I just had an idea and tried to make him run away from torch girl by chance, since she has fire but it didn't work, i must take a look at sharks script in downtown to see if this is possible.
I meant when you enter the oil tank the map became elysium zone, going outside return to masquerade zone. IIRC there are some maps in the game where the type of zone changes....
This is possible with a trigger zone i think, but it should only happen before warehouse mission, after that you should be able to attack Tung freely since Troika didn't create a separate map for him and made him hostile.
Unless this is something that was done in patch.

Offline Norrwin

• Ancillus
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2021, 07:28:54 pm »
I updated my UC mod on the Nexus today and it has all the models and info for the junk_corner2 stuff that was being discussed a while ago. It also has a dedicated ChangeLog text file in the maps directory with details on what was done and how for the JunkBox mini-mod. That file has my scribbling from progress as I worked on it so the BSP files will always have what I decided on last if there is any confusion between the two.

A couple of other things I did that I would like to throw out there for consideration, if the player rats out Mercurio then his car disappears too, and in the Downtown Hospital I lowered the inspection feat on Milligan's business card because I've never seen anyone streaming have enough inspection to see it.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2021, 07:37:21 pm »
Yes the script works but you must set D_HT to 10 for Tung, because seems the initial value for player is higher than 5.
Have you tested that? Because the player is set to D_HT 5 too, so I would guess who they attack is random.

btw, is the random dialogues in combat baked into vampire class and unchangeable?
What random dialogue would this be?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 07:39:23 pm by Wesp5 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal