collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.9 has been released!  (Read 107346 times)

Offline SCO

• Methuselah
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.9 RC 1 has been released!
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2021, 06:43:17 pm »
'Oh boy' is a idiom that is not directed to the interlocutor. if that was what Arthur says.
It's something to express surprise, consternation or resignation.

If it's a line starting with 'Boy,' same deal. I think this might have been originally meant as what it appears to be but then sarcasm culture of the 80&90's got its teeth on it and masticated it into this.

Besides speaking npcs text can't really be changed without splicing new audio, which often has, uhhh, subpar results.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 06:48:00 pm by SCO »

Offline tarulu

• Antediluvian
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2021, 06:47:55 pm »
The line is this:
Well, hell. That really leaves me in hot water, boy. Gonna cost old Arthur real good.

Offline SCO

• Methuselah
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2021, 06:52:08 pm »
Same thing. The comma indicates it's not speaking to the player. It's a bit like a religious but not really person saying '[x is bothering me], god(dammit).'
But softer.

It's just one of those cliches idioms you pick up from either reading a lot or being alive at a certain time and a certain place speaking with a certain generation of native speakers or watching tv spreading those.

Do remember that 'boy' was often a racist or classist thing from the 50's and 60's, so it's not surprising than the sons and daughters of that generation took it and made it sarcastic and not directed at anyone. Free floating 'boy' came to mean 'this is fucked up and i'm not sure how to deal with it'...

It's all in the tone. There are hundreds to thousands of these in a large country/region like the USA/america, even if you disregard the slang from minorities, regions or importing words from immigrants. Every generation/subculture invents a few words or takes over their meaning.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 01:46:23 pm by SCO »

Offline tarulu

• Antediluvian
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2021, 07:03:30 pm »
Thanks, English is not my strong suit so i wasn't sure if it was directed at PCs gender or not.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 09:24:06 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline SCO

• Methuselah
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2021, 07:37:59 pm »
It's completely understandable. These things only get into your memory by experiencing them in fiction or real life in many examples.

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2021, 01:06:28 am »
Goodnight.
Why is Mercurio's money not in the box, because of this, I am not given experience for returning the money to him, then, an Asian in a warehouse is armed with a sword, is this a joke or a balance? :funny:

Offline DDLullu

• Ancillus
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2021, 06:46:18 am »
It's the FixKeyBindings() sub in vamputil.py the guilty. I found out because i rename the Unofficial_Patch by a more meaning name like Up109rc1. In fact i keep any folder i add for Bloodlines.

Python throw an error on line 1616 when it try to open console. Maybe the word: try, on the next line should be place on line 1616 so no error will occur? I made myself a new folder Unofficial_Patch with a copy of the cfg folder, that seem to work.

Anything after the sub FixKeyBindings() in the def setPlus()  will not be execute, here the money in the cigarbox! And of course all the other things there.

Another thing could be use, replace:
"Unofficial_Patch\\cfg\\config.cfg" by "\\" + fileutil.moddir + "\\cfg\\config.cfg"

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2021, 07:50:24 am »
Another thing could be use, replace:
"Unofficial_Patch\\cfg\\config.cfg" by "\\" + fileutil.moddir + "\\cfg\\config.cfg"
Good catch DDLullu! I will replace it, but why did nobody who had this issue ever mention that they rename their folder?

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2021, 04:54:23 am »
Nadia again does not go to the crypt after destroying all the zombies, and in 10.8 there was the same problem, in other versions everything is fine.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2021, 08:46:28 am »
Nadia again does not go to the crypt after destroying all the zombies, and in 10.8 there was the same problem, in other versions everything is fine.
Can you be more specifc about the conditions? Because her behaviour was supposed to be fixed in 10.8 and was tested all over...

Offline Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2021, 10:28:27 am »
After killing all the zombies, she just sits and cries in the corner. At 10.6, after killing a zombie, if you approach her, she fled further through the door, which was knocked out by the zombie. So it was surprising to me that this was fixed in the next version, when it was already working. :cheesy:

Offline tarulu

• Antediluvian
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2021, 11:08:25 am »
In warehouse there is a red ladder which leads to office upstairs but the ladder is incomplete, half of it is gone but you can still climb on it.
Also i got into frenzy when talking to Tung and attacked him, he kept following me around to kill me, seem the only way is to load a earlier game? hunters also don't attack him, just me.

Offline SCO

• Methuselah
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2021, 12:17:11 pm »
Well, you could sort of make Tung immortal like Jack is in the tutorial, but that's kind of immersion breaking. If people want to break the game sequence by killing Tung, let them. It's not good to turn the hub into a elysium because of cops, hunters, some quests etc.

Another alternative is to make him immortal but hostile, but if you leave the map and comes back he calms down. I don't know what the engine behavior is but i guess this doesn't happen naturally.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 12:19:42 pm by SCO »

Offline tarulu

• Antediluvian
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2021, 12:19:49 pm »
He is actually immortal, but i think if you hit him, you need to reload in order to talk to him again
I don't know if leaving the map works, need to try. but i think hunter should attack him regardless, if that is not too much trouble.
And if you kill him at that point, there is no game to continue, so making him immortal is logical.unless killing him results in a similar cut scene like when you loss all of your masquerade points.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 12:24:52 pm by tarulu »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2021, 12:48:42 pm »

(dropping some ideas, never mind my ramblings)

If he dies he should drop the nossie sewers book and with it the player can find the road to the warehouse.

Otherwise his place can be turned into a small elysium, if you bring hunters he should use obfuscate and the place will return to a masquerade area. When the hunters are gone the place can return to its elysium state and Bertram will reappear.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal