collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.5 released!  (Read 10737 times)

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.5 released!
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2020, 01:55:39 PM »
That would depend on whether the whole Hollywood map can be decompiled and recompiled without errors in the first place. And no, this would not fit to the patch in it's current form!

Well, I would argue it would fit in perfectly with plus patch, as it would be a great improvement (phenomenal even), but it is a moot point since it is not yet certain if it is really possible and no one would really bother doing it.

Still though, it would have been amazing.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2020, 02:17:04 PM »
Well, I would argue it would fit in perfectly with plus patch, as it would be a great improvement (phenomenal even)...

... which would be valid for more or less all small side maps of the hub levels. But changing this would basically mean recompiling all maps which would end up more like a remake of the game than a patch ;)!

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2020, 02:42:32 PM »
Well, I would argue it would fit in perfectly with plus patch, as it would be a great improvement (phenomenal even)...

... which would be valid for more or less all small side maps of the hub levels. But changing this would basically mean recompiling all maps which would end up more like a remake of the game than a patch ;)!

I see your point, but there isn't a lot of maps where this is feasible and not all of them is this obvious. Honestly I can only think of three little maps where something like this would be actually necessary. (Where interior should be visible from outside.)

I would even argue Troika probably intended something similar and couldn't really do it at the time. Just look at the Venture Tower, interior is visible from outside, which isn't the case anywhere else.

Offline MisterEnnui

• Fledgling
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2020, 08:17:05 PM »
Hi. I've had this ongoing issue for a while with various 10.x unofficial patches (plus version). I'm currently on 10.5.4 and it continues. Early on in Santa Monica after first meeting Mercurio and searching for pain relief for him I enter the medical clinic. Upon leaving, the npcs who were previously wandering around (e.g. the guy urinating in the alleyway at the side of the Asylum) start bunching up, in particular around the left hand side of the door to the Asylum. It seems to be linked to entering and leaving the medical centre. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this? Cheers.

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2020, 09:06:00 PM »
MisterEnnui you might consider completely uninstalling the game, deleting the folder (remnants can be left in the Steam version) and your Savegames.
Then reinstalling, starting the game once before trying to reinstall BUP.

Wesp, will this version be the last for a while?
Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2020, 10:46:22 PM »

He mentioned he has a new version coming on Moddb but I am not sure when.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2020, 08:51:45 AM »

He mentioned he has a new version coming on Moddb but I am not sure when.

UP 10.5 is final now, but I already started working on 10.6...

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2020, 05:35:33 PM »
UP 10.5 is final now, but I already started working on 10.6...

Yeah, that's what I meant :)

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2020, 01:45:03 PM »
Thanks endthewars, tried to give you an Embrace but getting, Database Error.
My guess it's related to the missing Emotes and Tools in the forums, I and others are experiencing.

Thanks Wesp!
Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2020, 10:54:58 PM »
Thanks endthewars, tried to give you an Embrace but getting, Database Error.
My guess it's related to the missing Emotes and Tools in the forums, I and others are experiencing.

It was my pleasure :)

Thank you. I noticed that too, I hope they fix the forum soon. :)

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2020, 07:40:52 PM »
endthewars, I congratulate you on the completion of your project in the UP!

Wesp5, I'm just a little curious... 10.6 is this the final version of the UP or will there be others? Sometimes I think that you can patch the game an infinite number of times DDD
I hope my words are not too harsh for you.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2020, 08:52:25 PM »
Wesp5, I'm just a little curious... 10.6 is this the final version of the UP or will there be others? Sometimes I think that you can patch the game an infinite number of times DDD

Sadly, I believe so myself. I almost thought that 10.5 was final, but then endthewars improved the cars and so I had to include this! In the meantime other minor issues have been fixed, but I hope to be finished once Bloodlines 2 is out ;).

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2020, 09:09:06 PM »
endthewars, I congratulate you on the completion of your project in the UP!

Thank you for your kind words and thank you for being so supportive! :)

If it wasn't for you these cars wouldn't look as good as they do now. You noticed quite a few issues I managed to miss. :)

Sadly, I believe so myself. I almost thought that 10.5 was final, but then endthewars improved the cars and so I had to include this! In the meantime other minor issues have been fixed, but I hope to be finished once Bloodlines 2 is out ;).

You should make the final patch a nice flat number like 11 or something. :)

There are still quite a few things we can improve, but we are restricted by the tools we have anyway, so I am sure the final version is not so far :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 09:12:59 PM by endthewars »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal