collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.5 released!  (Read 10689 times)

Offline Norrwin

• Fledgling
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.5 released!
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2019, 06:33:54 PM »
Not sure where this belongs but I feel the 10.X walkthrough supplied with the UP really needs some updated in the MAIN QUEST: ELIZABETHAN RENDEZVOUS section.

It describes "The Easy Way:" mostly as the hard way even though the officer helping the player explicitly tells the player how to proceed.

I made videos showing my interpretation of following the officers instructions and utilizing the Records Room key. The Hard Way video is done in UP 9.5 as it is not possible to use the Records Room key in 10.4 (and I assume 10.X).

I also tried my hand at a rough draft of updating the text. I have only done this with the basic patch and am assuming the XP and other info is the same for plus.

Spoiler for Hiden:
The Easy Way:
When you reach the ship you'll see a policeman near you. If you approach him he'll talk to you. It seems that he was bribed by someone to let a reporter on the ship. You can persuade him (level 4) that you're that reporter and he'll give you the POLICE REPORT (1 XP) and instructions on how to proceed: "Head down the stairs behind you and stay low. When you get down there, wait for me to call off the guy guarding Gangway A. As soon as he leaves, get your ass moving, and DON'T let him see you. I'll give you a couple minutes but don't dilly-dally. In and out, 'k?" (When the guard on Gangway A leaves head down Gangway A and into the first door on the right.) Next he will say: "Don't forget to stay out of sight - if anyone sees you, you're on your own. Take the stairs up to the security room - there'll be a computer in there. The password is Lighthouse. Lighthouse. All one word. You gettin' all this?" (In the security room use 'lighthouse' password to unlock 'control' menu. Turn the 'deck cams on' and 'unlock records' then exit the computer screen and cycle through the security cameras on the monitor next to the computer until you see the one focused on the sarcophagus (1 XP).

Now exit the security room using the same door you entered and go back down the stairs and find the Records Room door. Enter the Records Room and pick up the SHIP MANIFEST (1 XP) from the table and the quest requirements are complete. Now exit without killing anyone either through the door near the records room or the way you originally came just running past the guards. If you have been quick enough the guard on Gangway A will still not be back yet.

The Hard Way:
If you can't persuade the policeman, then you'll have to do it the hard way. These instruction are for players without Obfuscate, if you have Obfuscate this will still be easy. Anyway, you now have to get close to the sarcophagus.

Climb the ladder onto the ship and proceed down the deck to the first set of stairs (Gangway B). Descend down the stairs and continue forward until coming to the first door to the right, enter the door and descend the next set of stairs and through the door at the bottom, continue down the corridor and lockpick the next door you come to. Now you are in a room with some stairs going up and a locked Records Room door. Lockpick the Records Room door and get the SHIP MANIFEST (1 XP) from the table. Lockpick the door closest to the two file cabinets and you can exit onto the outside main deck of the ship. This whole area is full of patrolling cops and huge containers. On the side of some of the containers you'll see a little ladder. What you need to do now is to climb onto those containers and try to avoid being seen by the cops.

The ladders are one way meaning you climb on top of a container and drop down on the opposite side to bypass guards but there is no ladder on that side to get back up onto the container. So the route is roughly a large anticlockwise circle down one side of the ship, around behind the sarcophagus, and up the opposite side of the ship back to where you started. Part way down the route to the sarcophagus there is a small area with a table and two stacked containers with ladders to take you up onto the top. On the table will be the the POLICE REPORT (1 XP), pick up the police report and climb up onto the stacked containers. Watch the two guards patrol pattern and time dropping down so that they will not detect you.

At the end of this route you have the option to drop down and exit back through the Records Room or through Gangway A. Going back through the Records Room is usually best but you may be detected either way in which case just run past the guards and exit.

Take the boat back to Santa Monica beach and if you've avoided killing any cops you'll get a bonus (2 XP). Go talk to LaCroix (2 XP) and receive the Skyeline Apartments haven as a reward (if you've been polite to him and you're not a Tremere or a Nosferatu). He'll then give you the [CALLING DR. GROUT] quest.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2019, 11:20:35 PM »
It describes "The Easy Way:" mostly as the hard way even though the officer helping the player explicitly tells the player how to proceed.

So there is no need to explain this further in the walkthrough, also it never cites NPC text as far as I know. Let the player do something himself ;)!

The Hard Way video is done in UP 9.5 as it is not possible to use the Records Room key in 10.4 (and I assume 10.X).

The records room key works fine in 10.X, but weird enough it only unlocks the doors from the outside, which I have fixed now!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2019, 10:57:02 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone! As a late present 10.5 RC 6 is now available from ModDB, see the link below. What was intended to be the final turned into RC 6 because of a lot of feedback from the Russian community collected by Psycho-A! You won't notice most of the fixes, but I would like some comments especially on Nines' new line in the intro...

https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2019, 12:09:34 PM »
Nines' new line in the intro...

Wait what? :3
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2019, 01:15:24 PM »
Nines' new line in the intro...

Wait what? :3

I found and restored two new lines. One is not understandable as he mutters it to himself (you can take a look at the dlg file to see what he says ;), but the other is clear and might change his reaction a bit too much...

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2019, 05:04:26 PM »
You're right, it ruins the moment. Maybe place it elsewhere (like a random floating line, an extra dialog or some malk stuff)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 05:55:58 PM by Barabbah »
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2019, 06:56:43 PM »
You're right, it ruins the moment. Maybe place it elsewhere (like a random floating line, an extra dialog or some malk stuff)

I already have another possible place, but I still want to have some more feedback. After all it was intended at that moment and some might like it better than Nines just showing his fangs!

Offline tarulu

• Ancillus
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2019, 03:02:10 PM »
can someone upload a video showing the new restored line?

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Ancillus
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2019, 04:44:37 PM »
can someone upload a video showing the new restored line?
Here is the line: "All I'm sayin' is that he better not do it."

And sorry i also must say this ruins the scene. Sometimes and an especially in this heated atmosphere less words are more powerful.
In my opinion Nines should only say: "This is Bullshit" and that´s it.

I assume during the development Troika went with this dialogue before:
"Now, this... bullshit. I can't fuckin' bel... it. This guy's outta his fuckin'... his fuckin'... oh... get that fuckin' asshole.
All I'm sayin' is that he better not do it. THIS IS BULLSHIT!"
but cut it because its to long and maybe too cliche for Nines to say that.

By the way i also not a fan of Nines muttering. The theatre scene was perfect before there is no need for changing anything.

Offline tarulu

• Ancillus
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2019, 08:29:09 PM »
thank you,i have to agree it does ruin the scene.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2019, 09:02:00 AM »

Have you seen it or just guess it from Wilhelm's description? Because I'm still not sure. While his voice sounds too cool for my taste, the original scene with him showing his fangs looks a bit over the top too!

Offline tarulu

• Ancillus
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2019, 11:47:53 AM »

Have you seen it or just guess it from Wilhelm's description? Because I'm still not sure. While his voice sounds too cool for my taste, the original scene with him showing his fangs looks a bit over the top too!
no i lost my computer several months ago so i haven't seen it.but judging by the line itself i don't think it goes well with the scene i am still hoping someone can upload this new intro.
what is the other line if i may ask?

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Ancillus
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2019, 11:48:57 AM »
the original scene with him showing his fangs looks a bit over the top too!
Maybe a bit cheesy but the scene is more powerful than both LaCroix and Nines aren´t saying anything after Nines said: "This is Bullshit".

Sorry i know that i sound like a jerk right now with this comparison but this reminds me and again sorry when George Lucas changed this and
that in every new rerelease of the original trilogy.
Like Darth Vaders NO this ruins for me the theatre confrontation scene and should be removed.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2019, 12:21:02 PM »
Exactly

Small offtopic for the galaxy far far away: didn't the bluray version has also quotes from the prequel trilogy as vader is reliving them before he shouts "NO!"? That was over the top....
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2019, 01:19:54 PM »
Like Darth Vaders NO this ruins for me the theatre confrontation scene and should be removed.

I didn't know that and the NO ruins the scene not at all in my opinion. Only the "sequels" do ;)!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal