collapse

Author Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.5 released!  (Read 2833 times)

Offline Plague

• Fledgling
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.5 released!
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2019, 11:30:37 PM »
Yes, these voices are sorted by folders with names like "danger", so if you speak with someone dangerous you'll get one of these random whispers.
Actually I just got to Heather and while talking to her in Downtown haven, I got multiple whispers ('Cemetery runoff' and the like).

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2019, 08:13:26 AM »
Actually I just got to Heather and while talking to her in Downtown haven, I got multiple whispers ('Cemetery runoff' and the like).

That is weird, Heather has no specific whispers. Maybe the NPC distance detection is not working? Can you please check the console and look for Python comments like "no idle near NPC"?

Offline Plague

• Fledgling
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2019, 11:09:58 PM »
That is weird, Heather has no specific whispers. Maybe the NPC distance detection is not working? Can you please check the console and look for Python comments like "no idle near NPC"?
Yeah that's it. The "talk" icon pops up earlier than the log "no anims, moving" becomes "no anims, pc near npc". If I get closer before talking the whispers are not there (not tested extensively, but the logs are clear enough).

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2019, 09:02:42 AM »
Yeah that's it. The "talk" icon pops up earlier than the log "no anims, moving" becomes "no anims, pc near npc".

Okay, I can easily adjust that to work if you are farther away... and done!

Offline Plague

• Fledgling
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2019, 11:03:13 PM »
Got to Chinatown today and felt some stuttering on the second floor of Red Dragon. Sure enough, console being spammed with the same "playbackrate" messages there.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2019, 09:05:42 AM »
Got to Chinatown today and felt some stuttering on the second floor of Red Dragon. Sure enough, console being spammed with the same "playbackrate" messages there.

Now this is weird as I didn't add any new sound files for Kiki or Wong Ho there. Or are you playing a Malkavian and get the stutter when the hostess is phoning?

Offline Plague

• Fledgling
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2019, 11:55:48 PM »
Now this is weird as I didn't add any new sound files for Kiki or Wong Ho there. Or are you playing a Malkavian and get the stutter when the hostess is phoning?
Yes on both accounts. You must know the game inside out ;)

Offline Plague

• Fledgling
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2019, 12:59:01 AM »
Just finished the library and Lasombra dropped a katana, that never happened before and makes the broadsword a non-reward.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2019, 08:27:07 AM »
Just finished the library and Lasombra dropped a katana, that never happened before and makes the broadsword a non-reward.

I'll swap the katana with a knife but you can own the katana by that time anyway...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 08:34:48 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2019, 10:44:15 AM »
Yes on both accounts. You must know the game inside out ;)

A little ;). So is there something special about your sound system? It seems it can't handle some reencoded files...

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Neonate
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2019, 06:28:41 PM »
I'll swap the katana with a knife but you can own the katana by that time anyway...
I donĀ“t like this change maybe the broadsword should be more powerful.

I really not a weapons geek but what weapon is in real life more deadly? A Katana or an european broadsword?

Offline No_Mercy

• Methuselah
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2019, 07:13:10 PM »
I really not a weapons geek but what weapon is in real life more deadly? A Katana or an european broadsword?

In real life? 100 % the european broadsword.

Here is a german documentation (German Language) about a Katana und a German Sword. There a direct comparison is shown.

Watch it from 20:45.
Motto: Show no mercy
Informative Informative x 1 View List

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Neonate
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2019, 07:23:41 PM »
In real life? 100 % the european broadsword.
Great stuff. Thanks a lot. :) So after this informative vid maybe the Boardsword should be more powerful than the Katana.
But the Tal'Mahe'Ra Blade (Super Katana) is of course still the more poweful weapon than the Boardsword.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2019, 10:22:40 PM »
So after this informative vid maybe the Boardsword should be more powerful than the Katana.

The broadsword is already comparable to the katana, but it still is overkill if the player could get two of the most powerfull melee weapons during a side quest!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 10:59:14 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Plague

• Fledgling
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2019, 11:13:40 PM »
The broadsword is already comparable to the katana, but it still is overkill if the player could get two of the most powerfull melee weapons during a side quest!
Yeah that was my point, the fact that you get them at once, so I got from a knife directly to katana without playing with the broadsword for a while.

As for my soundsystem I use the onboard intel HD Audio.