collapse

Author Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.3 released!  (Read 9838 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.3 released!
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2019, 06:28:02 PM »
It's possible to make it dependant if the target is attacking you (suicide) or not (sleep)?

That would be cool, but I don't know if this is possible...

P.S.: I played around with Dominate some more and Sleep in Command isn't really usefull as you don't know what happens, so I replaced Single-Suicide with it again and restored two more Command varations called Leave and Flee instead :)!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 07:25:19 PM by Wesp5 »
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2019, 07:41:45 PM »
It's possible to make it dependant if the target is attacking you (suicide) or not (sleep)?

That would be cool, but I don't know if this is possible...

P.S.: I played around with Dominate some more and Sleep in Command isn't really usefull as you don't know what happens, so I replaced Single-Suicide with it again and restored two more Command varations called Leave and Flee instead :)!

Replacing Suicide with Sleep is most probably the only available solution so if you ask me, I vote for Level 3 Sleep, Level 4 Possession, Level 5 Mass Suicide. In fact now instead of single Suicide it will be Mass Suicide which should satisfy both parties and expanding the available options in Command discipline is welcome.

P.S. Anything on my suggestion about the Sheriff Fortitude discipline?

Offline Wilhelm Streicher 19

• Antediluvian
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2019, 08:15:06 PM »
Do you fight him with Melee Weapons or Guns?
In my opinion he is a fair challenge with a Melee character and doesn´t need Fortitude.

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2019, 08:35:57 PM »
Do you fight him with Melee Weapons or Guns?
In my opinion he is a fair challenge with a Melee character and doesn´t need Fortitude.

In human form only Melee, in bat form I use both Melee and Guns. In fact I haven't play VTMB for more than a half year so I was a little bit rusty but I played last night the whole Ventrue Tower and I was able to kill him in his bat form with Tal'Mahe'Ra Blade in no time. He could be a joke with Tal'Mahe'Ra Blade so I think that restoring his Fortitude discipline will make him more of a challenge.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2019, 08:39:37 PM »
Replacing Suicide with Sleep is most probably the only available solution so if you ask me, I vote for Level 3 Sleep, Level 4 Possession, Level 5 Mass Suicide.

This is how I have it right now :)!

Anything on my suggestion about the Sheriff Fortitude discipline?

I'm rather against it as the bats he summons already make him harder than in the original game...

Offline Wilhelm Streicher 19

• Antediluvian
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2019, 08:47:33 PM »
In human form only Melee, in bat form I use both Melee and Guns. In fact I haven't play VTMB for more than a half year so I was a little bit rusty but I played last night the whole Ventrue Tower and I was able to kill him in his bat form with Tal'Mahe'Ra Blade in no time. He could be a joke with Tal'Mahe'Ra Blade so I think that restoring his Fortitude discipline will make him more of a challenge.
I fought him recently and also as Melee character with the TMR Blade and he was ok.
He is a lot more tougher than in previous patches and his teleport ability is a bit too annoying.
Also he has now bloodstealing bats.
Like i said he is ok there is no need for change.

Offline tarulu

• Neonate
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2019, 09:23:26 PM »
i rather harder bosses!i have played a weak malkavian  and still most of fights were too easy i guess evreyone playing anyother clan would have it much easier than i.i would say bat form needs some Fortitude

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2019, 09:41:04 PM »
i would say bat form needs some Fortitude

I would guess that the batform with blue Fortitude effects would look rather weird if it would even be possible at all...

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2019, 10:05:07 PM »
I think he's OK as he is. He's not very tough on his own (although the bloodsteal bites, pun intended) but you also get chased around by other vamps who deal aggravated damage and especially if you're guns only you may have trouble (I had to cheat for ammo right at the end because I was simply out after spending my last dollar on ammo in the endgame).
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2019, 02:36:55 AM »
i would say bat form needs some Fortitude

I would guess that the batform with blue Fortitude effects would look rather weird if it would even be possible at all...

I agree with this. It would be weird but probably possible if it is possible for the gangrels in Hallowbrook Hotel (I just don't remember if any of them uses fortitude in war form). With guns in bat form he is a challenge but when he falls helpless hit by the light he is a piece of cake as Andrei is with flamethrower. My suggestion is that he could use Fortitude in his human form, lets say when he loses half of his health which will prolong a little bit the fight. And I agree that he could be annoying with this shadow teleportation of him but at the same time quite predictable because he appears behind player back.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2019, 01:43:54 AM »
I think he's OK as he is. He's not very tough on his own (although the bloodsteal bites, pun intended) but you also get chased around by other vamps who deal aggravated damage and especially if you're guns only you may have trouble (I had to cheat for ammo right at the end because I was simply out after spending my last dollar on ammo in the endgame).

Making guns even crappier against supernaturals is a bad idea. Melee is already too OP in this game, so I agree with Ghanima on this.

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2019, 06:08:54 AM »

Making guns even crappier against supernaturals is a bad idea. Melee is already too OP in this game, so I agree with Ghanima on this.

I cannot agree with this. In fact guns are quite useful in some situations with supernaturals. Also Jack warns the PC that guns are not so useful against other vampires, but they can be lifesavers against the biggest Tzimisce creations, Ming Xiao and the Telyav Sabat. Also they a quite useful in SoL monastery.

Offline fylimar

• Ancillus
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2019, 03:44:23 PM »
Thanks for all the work, Wesp5. Your patches makes the game so much more fun to play. No more gamebreaking bugs and the additional quests are great, especially Becketts library quest.

For Dominate I like the solution of replacing Suicide with Sleep and keep Mass Suicide.

About the Sheriff: with the last patch, I still found the fight hard, but the Sheriff is still glitchy in my game, so that is probably my personal hardmode here. Him having Bats communion should make it even more challenging, I guess

Offline chaoticjoy1

• Fledgling
« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2019, 10:38:50 PM »
Wesp, did they offer you an official job for the new Bloodlines 2 yet!? Lol you deserve it!
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror,
victory however long and hard the road may be;
for without victory there is no survival.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2019, 08:19:54 AM »
Wesp, did they offer you an official job for the new Bloodlines 2 yet!?

No, but I would be glad if they let me beta test the game, so there will be no need for a patch this time :)!