collapse

Author Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.3 released!  (Read 5693 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.3 released!
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2019, 03:36:12 AM »
Done. And yes female have tattos on her hand.

No, but I forgot that their arms are visible enough while lockpicking! You seem to have changed the shared model though. Will this not change all female clan hands to show the tatoos? MooCHa clearly used another approach...

Online Jenya

• Neonate
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2019, 05:15:18 AM »
I'm sure that this model and textures can be assigned as gangrel only, but I'm not sure how to do that on my own.

Probably by just renaming the model and adding a new line as MooCHa did. I can do this myself latter I think. So will one of you fix the tattoo-on-wrong-hand issue with the male hand ;)?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 08:28:11 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2019, 08:30:24 AM »

No, but I forgot that their arms are visible enough while lockpicking! You seem to have changed the shared model though. Will this not change all female clan hands to show the tatoos? MooCHa clearly used another approach...
I know, but it's only because gangrels doesn't have their own unique model as toreadors or ventrue. But I'm sure that this model and textures can be assigned as gangrel only, but I'm not sure how to do that on my own.
That's not too hard. First you create a new subdirectory /gangrel in the hands path for both model and textures. Copy your textures in the new directory and a hands model in the /models/.../gangrel directory. (Extract the original from the archives or copy from Toreador or Ventrue.)
Now open the new model file with vpk tools and edit the texture path.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2019, 12:36:17 PM »
While we're on the subject of hands...

The female Tremere hand closeup has her wearing some hand jewelry, something like this, but the full-body model doesn't, IIRC. Could the model be edited to add them?
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2019, 10:30:05 AM »
Wut? Tattoo first person hands on muh Gangerls? I'm stoked for new patch more than for VTMB2 now!

Hurry it up, wouldya?

Edit:

So i've placed v_shared_female_hands.mdl into Unofficial_Patch\models\hands\female\gangrel, copied v_toreador_fem_hands.dx80.vtx and v_toreador_fem_hands.dx7_2bone and renamed them to gangrel respectively, placed fpfhandbottom.tga and fpfhandtop.tga into Unofficial_Patch\materials\models\hands\female\gangrel and it still doesn't work :( What am I doing wrong?

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 11:05:06 AM by J3ster »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2019, 02:04:33 PM »
You have to edit the texture path in the model file.
Use vpk-tools, go to "model" and open the the .mdl file. There you will find a block for the texture paths. Change that to \materials\models\hands\female\gangrel.
And don't forget to edit clandoc000.txt.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2019, 02:27:49 PM »
You have to edit the texture path in the model file.
Use vpk-tools, go to "model" and open the the .mdl file. There you will find a block for the texture paths. Change that to \materials\models\hands\female\gangrel.
And don't forget to edit clandoc000.txt.

That's how it looks right now.
I changed the path in the v_gangrel_fem_hands.mdl but to no avail. There is no 2nd file, I take it it's a fallback in case the clan specific one is missing?

Online MooCHa

• Nelapsi
  • Methuselah
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2019, 05:52:32 PM »
Hopefully fixed it. Needed to play in Blender a bit.

It will need textured. I did It a little. Not great. I also included tga in the rar.

Update 2 to sort nail issue forefinger..

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 06:03:09 PM by MooCHa »
Regards...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2019, 07:00:15 PM »
It will need textured. I did It a little. Not great. I also included tga in the rar.

This looks fine enough for me for now :)! Can you take a look at Jenyas model? I made it appear in game but then the texture was shifted and it looked like a mess...

Online MooCHa

• Nelapsi
  • Methuselah
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2019, 07:20:46 PM »

This looks fine enough for me for now :)! Can you take a look at Jenyas model? I made it appear in game but then the texture was shifted and it looked like a mess...

Sure. I'll have a nosey when I get some free time.
Regards...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2019, 08:09:44 PM »

Sure. I'll have a nosey when I get some free time.

Cool! I think I might have gotten the wrong model, because while now the tattoo shows up correctly, it appears on both arms, where in Jenya's screenshot it is only visible on one side.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2019, 08:27:23 PM »
The female Tremere hand closeup has her wearing some hand jewelry, something like this, but the full-body model doesn't, IIRC. Could the model be edited to add them?

I think we would need to just retexture her but it's so small it hardly visible...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 08:29:34 PM by Wesp5 »

Online Jenya

• Neonate
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2019, 08:44:08 PM »
It couldn't show up on both hands cos I've changed UV on the model so it should mix up textures on default hands drastically. Dunno what can cause problems, maybe I attached wrong model, but I doubt it.

Online MooCHa

• Nelapsi
  • Methuselah
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2019, 09:04:59 PM »
Here you go Wesp. Hope it to liking.

Edit : regarding clandoc

"F_Hands"      "models/hands/female/gangrel/v_gangrel_female_hands.mdl"

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 09:14:59 PM by MooCHa »
Regards...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2019, 09:38:06 PM »
Here you go Wesp. Hope it to liking.

Wonderful! With your permission I will include it in the next 10.3 RC. But where did I mess up?