collapse

Author Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.3 released!  (Read 7949 times)

Offline DDLullu

• Neonate
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.3 released!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2019, 02:48:40 AM »
I think i found the solution for the payphone receiver. After 14 years (since the patch 1.2)  the receiver will stay at least 10 minutes in your hand in theory. After that it will hang itself.

I  have simply change the FPS from 30 to .1  inside the payphonereceiver.mdl and it works!!!

Just hope it will works for eveybody.

For the credit in the UP   DDLullu   will be enough.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 02:51:11 AM by DDLullu »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2019, 05:22:23 AM »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me (on changing my mind on deleting cheeks for a mod)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2019, 08:29:44 AM »
I  have simply change the FPS from 30 to .1  inside the payphonereceiver.mdl and it works!!!

Great, I'll gladly include it in the next UP!

BTW, Wong Ho has a similar bug when he phones Zhao, the mobile keeps vanishing and reappearing in his hand. Can you please fix this too or explain to me how to do it?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 03:44:40 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 11:38:21 AM »
Unofficial Patch 10.3 RC 2 is out here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch
Thanks to burgermeister who provided voice-overs for Andrei to spice up the Sabbat ending :)!

Updated changelog 15.3.2019 (Release Candidate 2):

+Improved Sabbat ending and choice dialogues, thanks burgermeister.
+Made Obfuscator appear after warehouse and adjusted maximal ammo.
Fixed distraction of Giovanni backdoor guard and minor map issues.
Restored three Heather lines, two Lily lines, and subtitle names.
Fixed hit blood spatters and thin bloods leaving beachhouse beach.
Repaired model, texture, sign and sound details, thanks Psycho-A.
Fixed wrong stalker voices and a dead NPC hearable at beach house.
Corrected payphone and Giovanni spirit models, thanks to DDLullu.
Repaired Venture Tower elevator, portals and Giovanni zombie trap.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 06:20:01 PM by Wesp5 »

Online TF Alex Burton

• Formally known as the Shadow Man
  • Antediluvian
    • Terror Firma by Alex Burton
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 06:11:51 PM »
Unofficial Patch 10.3 RC 2 is out, get it from here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch
Special thanks to burgermeister who provided voice-overs for Andrei to spice up the Sabbat ending :)!

Updated changelog 15.3.2019 (Release Candidate 2):

+Improved Sabbat ending and choice dialogues, thanks burgermeister.
The new dialogue in Clan Quest in awesome.

+Made Obfuscator appear after warehouse and adjusted maximal ammo.
Sorry what is Obfuscator? Like the discipline?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 06:22:27 PM »

Yes, it's the internal name for the Sabbat that is observing the player in SM and obfuscates himself.

Online TF Alex Burton

• Formally known as the Shadow Man
  • Antediluvian
    • Terror Firma by Alex Burton
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 06:28:30 PM »

Yes, it's the internal name for the Sabbat that is observing the player in SM and obfuscates himself.

Ah. That makes sense and having him appear after the Warehouse is destroyed because it makes more sense to start spying on you after that.

Offline DarkProphet

• Methuselah
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 05:30:14 AM »
3 questions:

1. Sabbat ending...I haven't played since like 9.3. So you can choose to side with the Sabbat as an actual ending now? :O

2. Ventrue Tower portals? I don't recall seeing anything like that in the past unless they're physically new.

3. Didja add the names (such as my irl name, "Matt Strickland") to the end credits to Release Candidate 2 that you didn't have in time for Release Candidate 1? I want to play through again and screenshot my name in the end credits to send to my irl friends/family in an act of desperation to feel validated. :D

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2019, 07:01:19 AM »
1. Yes, a while ago this was added (not as a restoration of unused files but as a choice to the sabbat fans, or at least I think). But if you feel it is needed a more juicy sabbat ending you can give a look at the clan quest mod new sabbat path where you have to go undercover in sabbat territory in a new hub (east la) with the option to switch side without the cammies knowing.

2. I think this is an internal name and not an actual portal crossover

3. This I don't know but to quickly know open the credits.txt file (under Unofficial_Patch/vdata/system/ or something like that) and look where that section is

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2019, 08:30:58 AM »
1. Sabbat ending...I haven't played since like 9.3. So you can choose to side with the Sabbat as an actual ending now? :O

Yes. Although it's only a rather improvised thing! If you want a real Sabbat storyline, play CQM 4.0!

2. Ventrue Tower portals? I don't recall seeing anything like that in the past unless they're physically new.

These are map entities blackening areas outside at a distance. They were messed up and nobody needs them with current hardware anyway!

3. Didja add the names (such as my irl name, "Matt Strickland") to the end credits to Release Candidate 2 that you didn't have in time for Release Candidate 1?

Oops, I forgot to include it. It will be in RC 3 or final now! Or include the attached file in your vdata/system folder :)!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 08:33:09 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2019, 10:14:39 AM »
Talking about portal, some time ago I saw a portal/bloodlines crossover but I cannot remember if it was just a photoshop or a joke mod (or if I did imagine that at all....), anyone can confirm this?

Offline DarkProphet

• Methuselah
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2019, 11:58:06 PM »
Thanks for the answers, guys!

Offline DDLullu

• Neonate
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2019, 12:32:51 AM »
Good news, Wong Ho cellphone doesn't vanished anymore. I simply use the cellphone as ornament and it works! (Just wondering why people have not tought of that?). All you have to do after that is unhide the phone before the call and hide it after the call.

Well, if Wong Ho's cellphone is so easy to fix how about the dirty cop with is walkie-talkie? Sadly we can not use the walkie-talkie as an ornament but we can make a new walkie-talkie that can be use as an ornament. So i have made one! Look at the picture below. You have to change sequence to gesture in the VCD so the animation will play until the end. I have include a VCD in the zip file.

I was checking the animation on the Dane and finished the dialog to see what happen when he call his buddy to see the whale. To my surprise we have an animation there too! So i add two lines to a logic_relay to unhide-hide the new ornament and that too works.

Edit new: make this 4 lines to changed , i have just add another skin to the cop to make the walkie vanished on his belt!

Finaly i have used the spare textures of the fridge to make a new side texture and a new front texture using the old refrigerator (the yellow one) as my model. I have made two models for it. One, same thing as the original fridge with the door close and a second one with a reduce width and the door close. The door open in the two cases!

I'm still thinking about the cigarette extra effect, Don't know exactly how it works?

attachments:
Wong Ho with his cellphone in an unhidden state for test.
Heinz with his walkie-talkie.
A new skin  for the fridge using the spares skins in objets.
Instructions, models, textures, one VCD include in the zip. 

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2019, 08:51:29 AM »
Good news...

Wonderfull! I will include all of this in the 10.3 RC 3. BTW, you sure heard about the Bloodlines 2 announcement. It's true that they want to have our names into the credits, so if you want to give me some more info, you now know why ;).

Finally i have used the spare textures of the fridge to make a new side texture and a new front texture using the old refrigerator (the yellow one) as my model. I have made two models for it.

Cool! Now I have to find some places for them. Did you look at the movie projector too, or is there no suitable model to use the skin on?

I'm still thinking about the cigarette extra effect, Don't know exactly how it works?

Yeah, I wonder this myself because there are obviouls particles involved as well...

Offline Jenya

• Neonate
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2019, 05:06:07 PM »
Wesp5, I have a request to the future update. Can you make unique hands for gangrels too? I want them to have their tattoos in the first person mode as well.