collapse

Author Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.3 released!  (Read 13024 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.3 released!
« Reply #180 on: May 23, 2019, 04:21:59 PM »
Thank you for considering it. :)

Already done. And I made the box of vacuum tubes sellable as well to get rid of it!

Speaking of unused lines. Are these in the game? If not should they be restored?

I would guess that these are played when you are fighting them or with them. These are no real sentences anyway and there is a line to draw...

Larry 356: I got watches, got jerseys, got stereos - this week only I got a Galapagos tortoise - man, I got what you need guaranteed!
Larry 357: I'm the man with the van supplying the Southland! If you want it, I got it, and if you need it, I can get it!
Larry 358: Yo, at Fat Larry's, everything must go! Especially this koala! And I know somebody needs some genuine celebrity loot!
I got Alec Baldwin's sink - make me an offer!
Larry 359: I don't speak Chinese, but I got a crate with what I think is a genuine dinosaur skeleton. And if that ain't your thing, I got a dwarf saddle.
Larry 360: Can't get tickets to your favorite band - yo, I got demos, got bootlegs, got their instruments, even got some house keys!

... but these would be much more interesting, only there are no sound files for them!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 05:03:55 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2019, 05:48:43 PM »
Speaking of unused lines. Are these in the game? If not should they be restored?

Speaking of which, I searched for some more but I haven't so much time lately, so I hope someone else will do it since I won't.... Sorry :(

One last thing I've found, Mira at the Giovanni mansion has one line partly in italian, but the translation is a bit inexact. Line 21, her response to female seduction: "Và a farti fottere!" (with the "à", not "a'") shouldn't be translated as "Go and get fucked!" but "Go fuck yourself!"

These Giovanni didn't exactly speak italian.... Fuck, every vowen's accent is wrong LOL
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Wilhelm Streicher 19

• Antediluvian
« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2019, 07:05:26 PM »
And I made the box of vacuum tubes sellable as well to get rid of it!
Ok but isn´t that bit pointless if we are talking about the same vacuum tubes which
were used and disappear immediately in the libary?

I would guess that these are played when you are fighting them or with them. These are no real sentences anyway and there is a line to draw...
Yeah these are clearly battle sounds but can´t they be used in the game?
Especially the deathsounds from Yukie and Mandarin?

... but these would be much more interesting, only there are no sound files for them!
Too bad.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2019, 07:37:58 PM »
Especially the deathsounds from Yukie and Mandarin?
Well, if you mean copying them as new lines (instead of using these which really probably will screw the game) to add more dialogue then yes it's possible and no it's outside the concept of the UP
― me

• Antediluvian
« Reply #184 on: May 23, 2019, 07:48:29 PM »
Well, if you mean copying them as new lines (instead of using these which really probably will screw the game) to add more dialogue then yes it's possible and no it's outside the concept of the UP
I don´t want them to be dialogues with playeranswers. I thought that they could used more as automatic floats.
Yukie battle sounds would also make her fights more atmospheric.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #185 on: May 23, 2019, 09:11:02 PM »
Ok but isn´t that bit pointless if we are talking about the same vacuum tubes which were used and disappear immediately in the libary?

I thought it would be illogical that the whole box magically disappears if you use one tube. Like we discussed before, it's no cutscene there!

Some are already used. I didn't test it completely, are these not their death sounds already?

• Antediluvian
« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2019, 06:27:00 PM »
I thought it would be illogical that the whole box magically disappears if you use one tube. Like we discussed before, it's no cutscene there!
Ok in my  imagination the playercharacter would simply put down the box. ;)

Some are already used. I didn't test it completely, are these not their death sounds already?
To be honest i don´t know precisely but i "think" that they weren´t used.

Maybe i should refresh my memory but i prefer to wait for 10.4 or 10.1 german.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2019, 09:01:21 PM »
To be honest i don´t know precisely but i "think" that they weren´t used.

Most of Yukie's sounds are used, the Mandarin has some generic ones instead, but I don't think the difference matters and as I wrote, there is a line to draw somewhere! Most important NPCs also have kind of back-up lines like "I will send you an email." "Yes." "No." "Take this." etc, and I wont restore them either...

Offline Candy Narwhal

• Neonate
« Reply #188 on: May 24, 2019, 09:17:44 PM »
Is there a reason LaCroix's tower is referred to as Venture Tower in the savegame slots - isn't it supposed to be Ventrue?

I could've sworn it had been fixed at some point, but now the error is back. If it's a mistake at all...

• Antediluvian
« Reply #189 on: May 24, 2019, 10:20:47 PM »
Most of Yukie's sounds are used, the Mandarin has some generic ones instead, but I don't think the difference matters and as I wrote, there is a line to draw somewhere! Most important NPCs also have kind of back-up lines like "I will send you an email." "Yes." "No." "Take this." etc, and I wont restore them either...
Of course these generic ones aren´t that interessing or make any sense for characters like "Lu Fang send you email"
but battle sounds and death sounds /screams could be worth  to restore if they weren´t already be used.

These two especially
Yukie 521: [Dying sound]Ooaahhh....
Mandarin 571: [Dies]Uh ooohehehoh!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2019, 10:38:24 PM »
Yukie 521: [Dying sound]Ooaahhh....

This is already used...

Mandarin 571: [Dies]Uh ooohehehoh!

... and this is similar to another asian one that is used. Also most of the time you can't even hear them as you weapon is louder ;)!

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2019, 11:09:03 PM »
Of course these generic ones aren´t that interessing or make any sense for characters like "Lu Fang send you email"

Lu Fang smash, Lu Fang send you email, Lu Fang talks in 3rd person :P
― me

• Antediluvian
« Reply #192 on: May 25, 2019, 12:57:16 PM »
This is already used...
Also Andrei 277: "I have no patience for the lost, the timid and the hesitant. You came here with motive, Cainite. Are you so helpless to your fear that you lost your resolve... and with such ease? Perhaps I can help you find it in the last fleeting moments of your existence."
and Andrei 278: "Finally. Let's do this.   npc.SetRelationship("player D_HT 5")  Yours is the path to final sleep." ?

By the way can you chance VV to Velvet in this dialogue? Because its a possibility that Velvet won´t tell the player her nickname.
Misti 142: "VV sent me over. She said I could have a freebie."
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 01:13:37 PM by Wilhelm Streicher 19 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #193 on: May 25, 2019, 02:38:24 PM »
Also Andrei 277:

This is part of the new Sabbat ending dialogue when you meet him in the Hallowbrook Atrium.

By the way can you chance VV to Velvet in this dialogue?

Done!