collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.1 released!  (Read 18593 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.1 released!
« Reply #195 on: November 26, 2018, 07:49:19 PM »
we are already deep into 10.2 with a lot of changes ;).
Which changes? :razz:

Many :)!

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #196 on: November 27, 2018, 04:56:57 AM »
Wesp,

Gary's poster email now asks for a data CD from Metalhead Industries, but the quest log still says he's looking for the wooden pull-toy.

I haven't actually gotten to doing the quest, so I don't know which of the two objects is actually in the cabinet, but thought I should let you know that there's a mismatch in the text, at least.
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #197 on: November 27, 2018, 08:28:46 AM »
Wesp,

Gary's poster email now asks for a data CD from Metalhead Industries, but the quest log still says he's looking for the wooden pull-toy.

I haven't actually gotten to doing the quest, so I don't know which of the two objects is actually in the cabinet, but thought I should let you know that there's a mismatch in the text, at least.
Sounds like some basic/plus mixup. In basic it should be the cd, in plus the pull toy.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #198 on: November 27, 2018, 03:28:36 PM »
Sounds like some basic/plus mixup. In basic it should be the cd, in plus the pull toy.

If no one else is experiencing this, it's entirely possible I made a mistake while merging Wesp's 10.1 haven_pc.txt with my X20 haven_pc.txt based on 10.0. In which case this is just me doing my own troubleshooting, and everyone else can ignore me. :)
Ian A. A. Watson

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #199 on: November 27, 2018, 06:04:04 PM »
There was a mixup there recently, but I thought I had fixed that in the final 10.1...

Offline tarulu

• Ancillus
« Reply #200 on: November 30, 2018, 05:23:33 PM »
wesp if you don't mind me asking how did you fix dead-dog-still-hurting and Milligan freeze bugs?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #201 on: November 30, 2018, 06:06:06 PM »
wesp if you don't mind me asking how did you fix dead-dog-still-hurting and Milligan freeze bugs?

About the dog: Once a NPC is killed the game can't access anything connected like the corpse or the hurt trigger. So I now remove this at half health and make the dog run away! You might still get the same problem if you kill him with the first hit...

About Milligan: He is set to cower when you enter the map, but if you leave and return he can't find the sequence and just stands there. He then can't follow with the leave sequence either, so I killed the cower sequence before the leave sequence is called.

Offline tarulu

• Ancillus
« Reply #202 on: November 30, 2018, 07:17:36 PM »

About the dog: Once a NPC is killed the game can't access anything connected like the corpse or the hurt trigger. So I now remove this at half health and make the dog run away! You might still get the same problem if you kill him with the first hit...

About Milligan: He is set to cower when you enter the map, but if you leave and return he can't find the sequence and just stands there. He then can't follow with the leave sequence either, so I killed the cower sequence before the leave sequence is called.
thanks.
for the miligan,can't we just use an automatic camera kill? of cource i didn't know there was a leave sequence so i guess camera kill will not work cause you can't see that sequence

Offline sjjs

• Fledgling
« Reply #203 on: December 03, 2018, 08:36:30 AM »
Hello,

just wanted to report that I've encountered two phone related bugs just in Santa Monica ( patch 10.1 )

a) in the tattoo parlor, Gimble simply won't call... am I supposed to be able to call him? There's no indicator for interaction (apart from the note on the wall), and no matter how much I mash the use button at the phone from different angles, nothing's happening. Is there a way to setquest() my way around this so that Gimble will let me in?

b) the phone in Surfside Diner does ring (when I'm supposed to meet the twins), but I can't pick it up - again, mashing it from different angles does nothing. (Neither does exiting and reentering the diner...)

Any tips on getting around these...?  :holy:

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #204 on: December 03, 2018, 09:03:00 AM »
a) in the tattoo parlor, Gimble simply won't call... am I supposed to be able to call him?

Yes, but you need to read the note before the phone can be used.

b) the phone in Surfside Diner does ring (when I'm supposed to meet the twins), but I can't pick it up - again, mashing it from different angles does nothing. (Neither does exiting and reentering the diner...)

I never heard that before. Maybe exiting the game and restarting it might help...

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #205 on: December 03, 2018, 07:23:21 PM »
Oh, Wesp, it's a pretty minor thing, but the vending machines at the top of the Library elevator appear to have their lighting switched.

The yellow glow is coming from the purple (DemonSeed) machine, while the purple glow is coming from the yellow (13 Stimulants) machine.
Ian A. A. Watson

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #206 on: December 03, 2018, 11:06:48 PM »
Oh, Wesp, it's a pretty minor thing, but the vending machines at the top of the Library elevator appear to have their lighting switched.

Fixed!

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #207 on: December 06, 2018, 04:28:19 PM »
One thing I need to ask. In the X20 Mod topic IanW said:

The clean version of the "Get Amped Up on Amp Beer" poster is indeed in DMP, but as of UP 10.1 it's no longer part of Gary's quest

But to test the posters in the haven (without any posters mod) I used those cheats:

G.Gary_Voerman = 1
G.Velvet_Poster = 1
G.Gary_Photochop = 1
G.Gary_Damsel = 1
G.Gary_Tawni = 1
G.Gary_Imalia = 1
G.Gary_Blind = 1

while those posters appeared the quest log of the completed quest didn't come. I searched in the haven_pc.txt file and added those codes:

G.Ball_Taken = 3
G.Gary_Cross = 1
G.PP = 1

now the complete mission text appeared in the top left of the screen and the quest log in hollywood had the entry in completed quests "all posters unlocked" (or whatever was written). But as you can see in the image the Amped Up poster was still there. It's a bug, IanW made a mistake or did I used a code it wasn't suppose to?

Plus I want to know how (and if it's possible) to add a cheat list on a .cfg file in the "cfg" folder and activate it by the console
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #208 on: December 06, 2018, 06:47:46 PM »
But as you can see in the image the Amped Up poster was still there. It's a bug, IanW made a mistake or did I used a code it wasn't suppose to?

You are probably not using the final 10.1 but an earlier RC. In the final there is a poster of Claira Killenbach there, which is also in the DMP area...

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2018, 05:11:11 AM »
+Made Kamikaze Zen money stay in plus and Andrei don't drop braid.

Could you clarify this? We still having 8 posters as if I understand correctly but the chip is replaced in Kamikaze Zen so it is probably somewhere else? Also the braid talisman is still in Kamikaze Zen just Andrei don't drop a second one or is something else?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal