collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.1 released!  (Read 5976 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.1 released!
« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2018, 09:51:19 PM »
I found out the problem. Whenever you load a save on Elizabeth Dane you can't activate the conversations anymore.

Damn, and another thing that is not saved correctly and we can't do anything about it.

Also the radius of activation is quite short so increasing of the activation radius will be nice.

I don't know if this is possible without recompiling the map which I won't do, but I will take a look...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2018, 09:52:52 PM »
So I started a new game to troubleshoot, it appears it's my save game causing the issues, do you have any ideas for a fix on my side Wesp?

Everything you reported points to you continueing an old save with an updated patch. You should never do that!

Offline chaoticjoy1

• Fledgling
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2018, 11:03:38 PM »
Awww man, well I shall start anew then. Thanks!
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror,
victory however long and hard the road may be;
for without victory there is no survival.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #168 on: November 09, 2018, 11:25:01 AM »
I have just tested killing the blooddolls beacuse I'm going to write a script to remove them if you killed them on you last visit in the club.
The hostess in the Red Dragon and Misti in Vesuvius act the same way the dolls did before your changes: They are dead and the body stays.
I haven't tested the other people in the Red Dragon becuase the hostess is the only one you can drain out of sight.
If you kill Misti I'd suggest closing Vesuvius for the player and failing any open VV quest.

On another note, if you kill the doll in the smoke shop, you get a criminal violation and the shopkeeper shoots you, but when you leave the cops are not hostile. Maybe you could in that case set the player's criminal level high enough to make the cops hostile and spawn the backup.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #169 on: November 09, 2018, 11:45:42 AM »
I have just tested killing the blooddolls beacuse I'm going to write a script to remove them if you killed them on you last visit in the club.

I would be very much interested in this script as the current solution isn't really much better than before.

The hostess in the Red Dragon and Misti in Vesuvius act the same way the dolls did before your changes: They are dead and the body stays.

Interesting. On the other hand Danielle in the Asylum reappears if you kill her like all the other guests!

If you kill Misti I'd suggest closing Vesuvius for the player and failing any open VV quest.

Hm, closing Vesuvius completely makes little sense, but I could put VV on the stage and have her quest fail.

Maybe you could in that case set the player's criminal level high enough to make the cops hostile and spawn the backup.

I don't think I know how the spawning outside is triggered and there wouldn't be cars at the right place...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 11:49:53 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #170 on: November 09, 2018, 12:02:30 PM »

Maybe you could in that case set the player's criminal level high enough to make the cops hostile and spawn the backup.

I don't think I know how the spawning outside is triggered and there wouldn't be cars at the right place...

In the Final Nights mod when you are in the diner during the jeanette/therese quest the cops are outside when you walk out (it was also fun being in there, trying to survive with the tension of the increasing sound effects of the incoming cops). Try ask Zer0morph or looking at his mod to see how he did it and if it can work outside other doors
The sarcophagus is a lie!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #171 on: November 09, 2018, 01:03:56 PM »
In the Final Nights mod when you are in the diner during the jeanette/therese quest the cops are outside when you walk out (it was also fun being in there, trying to survive with the tension of the increasing sound effects of the incoming cops).

This was already in the original game and I know how to add cop cars and stuff outside if needed, only I don't remember the trigger condition. As for Misti, I think it's easier for now to make her come back like the dolls...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 01:06:22 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #172 on: November 09, 2018, 01:31:06 PM »
For the doll-removing script, that shouldn't be too hard. You make her reappearing as you have done now plus you set a variable G.Doll_Name_Dead as OnDeath condition. Then on the next visit you check the Doll_Dead variable and if it is set, you kill the entity.

For the cops at the smokeshop, it's not necessary to create and spawn cars, just set the criminal level for the player to 3 or so to make the existing cops hostile.
I'll test something and come back to you.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #173 on: November 09, 2018, 02:27:36 PM »
You make her reappearing as you have done now plus you set a variable G.Doll_Name_Dead as OnDeath condition.

Maybe already IsDead("Dollx") will work unless this is reset too, I'll check that out!

... just set the criminal level for the player to 3 or so to make the existing cops hostile.

How do I do that?

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #174 on: November 09, 2018, 03:42:40 PM »
You make her reappearing as you have done now plus you set a variable G.Doll_Name_Dead as OnDeath condition.

Maybe already IsDead("Dollx") will work unless this is reset too, I'll check that out!
I didn't think about that. Definitely worth a try.
In any case the script is simple and works for me. I had to add a new script to the smokeshop, for the other locations I just hitched it to an existing mapload script
Code: [Select]
#SMOKESHOP: removes doll if killed on previous visit, added by malkav
def killDoll():
    if __main__.G.Doll6Dead == 1:
        doll = Find("plus_Doll6")
        if doll: doll.Kill()
... just set the criminal level for the player to 3 or so to make the existing cops hostile.

How do I do that?
There is a command __main__.FindPlayer().SetCriminalLevel(3). You can use that on the map or in a python script to set the criminal level of the player to the set value. This makes police (and gangmembers) hostile and civilians afraid until it wears off after some time. I think you can set a supernatural level the same way if you want to force a masquerade issue, but I haven't tested that yet.
For the smokeshop, so far my tests are inconsistent.

Btw, how do you make the dolls respawning?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 03:45:10 PM by Malkav »

Offline SCO

• Ancillus
« Reply #175 on: November 09, 2018, 06:12:40 PM »
So I started a new game to troubleshoot, it appears it's my save game causing the issues, do you have any ideas for a fix on my side Wesp?

Everything you reported points to you continueing an old save with an updated patch. You should never do that!

This is getting ridiculous. Can you do a new install wizard frame moving the existing save games to a 'backup' and saying why?

Hm, closing Vesuvius completely makes little sense, but I could put VV on the stage and have her quest fail.

On the contrary, closing Vesuvius when you kill there (or any other 'haven' that doesn't behave like one), makes total sense, because the pc wouldn't want to show its face there again.

I think the only reason this doesn't happen in the original is because of Asylum being part of the main quest.

Ideally it could be worked around by making the blooddolls immortal and the pc just not gain any blood from keeping draining a spent one (as if the pc 'decided to stop' by itself) and turn on the 'haven flag' so combat couldn't be initiated (if it isn't already).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 06:22:49 PM by SCO »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #176 on: November 09, 2018, 06:36:44 PM »
I didn't think about that. Definitely worth a try.

This didn't work in all cases so I added variables like you suggested and used existing scripts or added new ones.

For the smokeshop, so far my tests are inconsistent.

You mean it does not work? I think it isn't really needed.

Btw, how do you make the dolls respawning?

With "level_reset_type" "0". I followed the rule that everbody who can talk will not come back from the death now :)!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #177 on: November 09, 2018, 06:40:20 PM »
Can you do a new install wizard frame moving the existing save games to a 'backup' and saying why?

I already do! I move old saves into an "old" subfolder and show a warning popup right after installation of the patch. It seems a lot of people just don't care...

On the contrary, closing Vesuvius when you kill there (or any other 'haven' that doesn't behave like one), makes total sense, because the pc wouldn't want to show its face there again.

It could just have been an accident as you can only kill there by over-draining someone. Still I made VV being pissed and all her active quests having failed!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 06:43:59 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #178 on: November 11, 2018, 03:03:37 PM »
In the intro sequence the player and the sheriff are levitating (when the sheriff executed the sire he actually landed wit the animation)
The sarcophagus is a lie!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #179 on: November 11, 2018, 04:58:01 PM »
In the intro sequence the player and the sheriff are levitating (when the sheriff executed the sire he actually landed with the animation)

I already tried to fix that as good as I could, but all the models and their locations are connected, so if I put the Sire down, the player will be stuck in the floor...

* Game Files