collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.1 released!  (Read 18557 times)

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.1 released!
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2018, 03:03:12 PM »
Possible solutions (highly guessing):
- did you use the default installing path?
- did you start the game by the desktop icon "VTM Unofficial Patch" or another one?
- did you tried using administration rights on this icon?
- did you changed video settings in the options?
- have you installed the game (not the patch) in a folder where you have full privileges (like the user folder)?
- are you sure you have the minimum requisites for the game? (Even if you have a windows 10, it's still possible that's the case: for example some modern laptops are designed not for gaming but for simpler tasks)

fell free to ask clarifications about each of these
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline dev

• Fledgling
« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2018, 12:49:59 PM »
Quote from: dev
Second question, I've Oculus VR headset, does anyone tried it with VtM:B? How FoV, general look and feel?

I have no idea but would be very interested in your impressions and if this is possible at all. I ran it long ago with 3D goggles and there were some issues in the bigger hub maps, because Troika cheated and e.g. skyscrapers are in a seperate part of the map in a much smaller scale and while this fits well in 2D it was quite visible in 3D. Please report here!
I finished my VR playthrough and must say that Bloodlines in VR is playable and quite fun. Some brief notes:
- Head tracking is glitchy, had to disable (most likely vorpx 8.3 bug)
- Textures and models shows they age (for some reason this is more noticeable than on monitor)
- Third person gameplay somehow uncomfortable
- Haunted hotel is spooky
- Some geometry problems in downtown and chinatown, but it's tolerable
- The FoV, movement speed and usual issues with old games mostly avoided because of existing vorpx profile

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2018, 02:55:26 PM »
- Third person gameplay somehow uncomfortable

- Really? :rofl:
― me

Offline DDLullu

• Neonate
« Reply #153 on: November 04, 2018, 05:46:56 AM »
I add one jiggle bone to the hair of the tremere girl armor1 (the bone was already there, i make it jiggle)

At first i use one of the boobs bones for the hair but if we try the money command only one boob  will get big. So i add one more jiggle bone to the set.

The mdl is below.  Wesp can use it for the patch no need to ask.  I have use the mdl from the patch101rc3.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #154 on: November 04, 2018, 12:58:41 PM »
The mdl is below.  Wesp can use it for the patch no need to ask.

Many thanks, I'll include it in the final!

Offline BlackSheep240

• The Noob
  • Fledgling
« Reply #155 on: November 05, 2018, 09:45:54 PM »
Sorry I have not been in. I checked, and the game when I looked in the menu didn't have the Patch on it at all.

In regards to my GPU, I have no idea where to find that, but I can play Overwatch, so I think its rather good.

I downloaded the patch, I put it in the steam folder, but I don't see where I could start the game with the patch.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 09:54:54 PM by BlackSheep240 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #156 on: November 05, 2018, 10:14:36 PM »
I downloaded the patch, I put it in the steam folder, but I don't see where I could start the game with the patch.

Does anyone ever read what the patch displays right after installation?

To play the Unofficial Patched version of the game
RUN BLOODLINES FROM THE LINKS THAT THE PATCH MADE!

If you want to play directly from the Steam client
ADD -game Unofficial_Patch TO IT'S LAUNCH OPTIONS.

Offline BlackSheep240

• The Noob
  • Fledgling
« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2018, 04:30:20 PM »
My apologies, but I didn't see that link you are talking about. Where would I find it in the Patch folder?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2018, 06:02:37 PM »
My apologies, but I didn't see that link you are talking about. Where would I find it in the Patch folder?

It should be on your desktop. Did you run the installer at all?

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #159 on: November 08, 2018, 05:37:54 AM »
I don't know if it is exactly a bug or I don't know the triggers for the conversations on the board of Elizabeth Dane but the cops meet each other, it seems that they talk but most of the time there is no sound. I mean the conversations about the baleen whale, the 'pirate' symbol and the two other. The last three you should hear during the difficult path. I'm using UP+ 10.0 but I suppose that the situation is the same in 10.1.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2018, 10:43:46 AM »
I clicked on 'More Info' it told me to run anyway. I think that made it work.

She/he sayd she/he installed it. In that case there should be a link on the desktop called "VTM Bloodlines Unofficial Patch" or something like that. If steam won't let you start the game without using steam you should add the launch command wesp said up here
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2018, 12:10:12 PM »
I don't know if it is exactly a bug or I don't know the triggers for the conversations on the board of Elizabeth Dane but the cops meet each other, it seems that they talk but most of the time there is no sound. I mean the conversations about the baleen whale, the 'pirate' symbol and the two other.

You only get the baleen whale when you convinced the first cop to help you and the other three work fine for me. I don't know though if the get triggered if you stay on top of the crates or too far off...

Offline chaoticjoy1

• Fledgling
« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2018, 07:15:02 PM »
I have been getting crashes when going in to the hospital in any door within santa monica, hopefully this fixes it, seems like its just my game.

EDIT: The crashes occurred with 10.0.

EDIT 2: I downgraded back to 9.7 from 10.0 and the crash in the hospital was fixed. Did you patch this with 10.1? Didn't see it with the patch notes. I haven't tried 10.1 yet, I suppose I could do that.

EDIT 3: I upgraded to 10.1 and the same issues still occur, here are all the screens and info for you.

I ALSO ATTACHED MY DXDIAG IF THAT HELPS

This happens after entering any door to the hospital in Santa Monica.

These are all bugs and missing textures I found within the apartments near the hospital.

AGAIN, none of this occurs with 9.7, only 10.0 and 10.1.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 08:54:03 PM by chaoticjoy1 »
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror,
victory however long and hard the road may be;
for without victory there is no survival.

Offline chaoticjoy1

• Fledgling
« Reply #163 on: November 08, 2018, 08:55:10 PM »
Got tired of doing edits...

So I started a new game to troubleshoot, it appears it's my save game causing the issues, do you have any ideas for a fix on my side Wesp? Regarding the crash error I received, I could care less about the missing textures in the apartments.

Also it seems all the NPC civilians, and I mean ALL of them are vampires, they growl every time I bump in to them too. When they die they turn to ash. Was this on purpose, or is my game save all kinds of messed up?
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror,
victory however long and hard the road may be;
for without victory there is no survival.

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2018, 09:09:17 PM »
I don't know if it is exactly a bug or I don't know the triggers for the conversations on the board of Elizabeth Dane but the cops meet each other, it seems that they talk but most of the time there is no sound. I mean the conversations about the baleen whale, the 'pirate' symbol and the two other.

You only get the baleen whale when you convinced the first cop to help you and the other three work fine for me. I don't know though if the get triggered if you stay on top of the crates or too far off...

I found out the problem. Whenever you load a save on Elizabeth Dane you can't activate the conversations anymore. Also the radius of activation is quite short so increasing of the activation radius will be nice.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal