collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.1 released!  (Read 18644 times)

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.1 released!
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2018, 04:26:06 PM »
Wesp, have you done something with the warrens4 map for rc2? I couldn't trigger the levelchange to the Nossies and my character landed in some slop pool instead. I've reloaded and tried again three times in case I just missed the trigger in my first jump.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 04:44:40 PM by Wesp5 »
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2018, 04:46:23 PM »
Wesp, have you done something with the warrens4 map for rc2? I couldn't trigger the levelchange to the Nossies and my character landed in some slop pool instead. I've reloaded and tried again three times in case I just missed the trigger in my first jump.

Yes, sadly this is a bug of RC2 which my beta tester overlooked as he used the warrens shortcut. I already fixed that in the RC3 though, you could try installing that on top!

Offline Jenya

• Neonate
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2018, 05:34:24 PM »
Here is the RC2: https://patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647/7/74934

Additional changelog:

+Removed plus and extras installer sub-options to avoid confusion.

Well that's dissapointing. I love being able to customise my game during the installation and I do not get why must I suffer and do this manually now. Also I am curious if you fixed blood dolls/tremere 2nd outfit hairbones.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2018, 06:04:33 PM »
I love being able to customise my game during the installation and I do not get why must I suffer and do this manually now.

Besides people all the time asking what these options are in the first place, I noticed that especially with old disciplines in the plus patch new issues were created which basically would mean I'll have to maintain another kind-of-mixed branch and I am not willing to do that!

Also I am curious if you fixed blood dolls/tremere 2nd outfit hairbones.

What's wrong with these? Can you post some screenshots? Maybe DDlullu can fix them...

Offline Jenya

• Neonate
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2018, 08:19:15 PM »
Besides people all the time asking what these options are in the first place, I noticed that especially with old disciplines in the plus patch new issues were created which basically would mean I'll have to maintain another kind-of-mixed branch and I am not willing to do that!

Well readme exist to these purposes.
What's wrong with these? Can you post some screenshots? Maybe DDlullu can fix them...

It hard to explain in static screenshots, but I'll try my best. I marked areas which not moving as it supposed to. This problem appears only on her second outfit, others working fine.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2018, 09:20:41 PM »

Nobody reads the readme otherwise there wouldn't be much discussion about how to get the game to work in the first place! Also the main reason was incompatibility of basic and plus discipline handling and I suspect what most people disable are the casting animations, so this is mentioned right after installation now because it's so easy:

To remove DISCIPLINE CASTING ANIMATIONS replace in
config.cfg: "vm_discipline" by "vdiscipline_last".

It hard to explain in static screenshots, but I'll try my best. I marked areas which not moving as it supposed to. This problem appears only on her second outfit, others working fine.

I see no difference there on my system besides the fact that the hair clips into her body which I think cannot be fixed...

Offline MisterEnnui

• Fledgling
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2018, 12:46:07 PM »
Hi. I always play with the "no new audio" option engaged for the plus patch (as I don't like some of the changes, such as background music changing location). Does any one know how to implement the no new audio option now that the sub-options have been removed from the installer? Thanks.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2018, 12:48:12 PM »

Nobody reads the readme otherwise there wouldn't be much discussion about how to get the game to work in the first place! Also the main reason was incompatibility of basic and plus discipline handling and I suspect what most people disable are the casting animations, so this is mentioned right after installation now because it's so easy:

To remove DISCIPLINE CASTING ANIMATIONS replace in
config.cfg: "vm_discipline" by "vdiscipline_last".
It's not that easy. I had to manually remove the casting animations from the disciplinetgt files. I have tried with a Nossie using animalism in RC2.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2018, 01:28:08 PM »
Does any one know how to implement the no new audio option now that the sub-options have been removed from the installer?

Just install the basic patch into an empty folder and copy the sound/schemes into your installation...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2018, 01:54:27 PM »
It's not that easy. I had to manually remove the casting animations from the disciplinetgt files.

Hm, you are right. The animation is shorter but not gone completely...

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2018, 04:05:13 PM »
Have you fixed the poster quest for RC3? In RC2 the conditions for the first poster don't match.
The hackfile (havenpc) requires a variable G.PQ which isn't set anywhere. The mailboxexitcheck script uses the variable G.CD == 1. But since G.CD is set to 2 when you finish the Bertram cd quest, that only works before you give Bertram his cd.
I think you best check for G.CD > 0 in both, the hackfile and the script.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2018, 04:18:08 PM »
Have you fixed the poster quest for RC3?

Yes.

Offline Jenya

• Neonate
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2018, 05:07:06 PM »

I see no difference there on my system besides the fact that the hair clips into her body which I think cannot be fixed...

Nope, this parts not moving as they moves on other tremer outfits. Just try to rotate her model on character screen in different outfits and you wil see the difference.

Offline Soilie

• Ancillus
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2018, 05:26:40 PM »
Is it possible to make in installer options' group (LEGACY: For oldfags, use for your own risk, NO SUPPORT) for these deleted options? Many gamers don't like new things for atmosphere changing reasons but like other new content. It is in Russian community but I think it is the same in others. Top "don't like" are disciplines (Malkavian, Ventrue + Auspex), changed music and Therette dialogue (nearly all want to save them both but many can't do it and must use console).
More "don't like" are BloodHeal and lowered regeneration (makes the game slower and less dinamic), Patty sire and his licence (not canon, it was mystery in 1.2), sound floats (people touch us behind themselves then say "don't touch me" or so, LOL; we had meditative silent atmosphere in original but now people cough and sigh all time), less money, eyes (I know it is top addon but...), idle animations (like they have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder).
I had arguments for such angry users (as another user and moderator) earlier - that all of it is optional but now... These arguments are gone. I personally think that it is time to make the third version of patch - with things which change gameplay, atmosphere and canon story. Almost all love new locations, quests and additional non-linearity but many dislike all those things above...

Offline Jenya

• Neonate
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2018, 06:45:15 PM »
I made two gifs to illustrate the issue with tremere hair. Files are too big to upload here.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16LN2Ar8Y3GefHaZKUFsdQH-uloBFypEN

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal