collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.0 released!  (Read 19305 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.0 released!
« Reply #180 on: August 25, 2018, 08:36:59 PM »
I know about throwing weapon slot and remember seeing modern golden computer somewhere. Anything else?

Just check the current readme...

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #181 on: September 09, 2018, 08:26:29 AM »
I don't see anything in the patch notes about it so I'm not sure what may have caused the change:

When going through the Ocean House, it starts with the ambient noise of the storm outside. Cool. That's how things should be.

When you go to the boiler room sub-basement and restart the power, there's a low rumble for the power coming back on, but IIRC usually it's supposed to fade once you come back upstairs to the regular basement. The last couple of playthroughs I've had, using 10.0, the rumble stays turned on for the rest of the time I'm in the Ocean House.

The elevator is supposed to spark right before it crashes down, following the escape from the kitchen, and then it's done. The light and audio for the spark are both firing off as soon as the elevator becomes active the first time you leave the basement, all the way up until the end. I can stand over near the "GET OUT" room and look toward the elevator, and see the spark effect periodically light up all the walls nearby.

The combined boiler room rumble plus the periodic sparking makes it difficult to hear later sounds, like the music box on the third floor, until you're almost right on top of it.

I don't know if my own installation has glitched, or what -- I haven't changed any of my own files except the textures I've been editing for the X20 Mod, and nothing at all on the Ocean House map.
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #182 on: September 09, 2018, 10:32:18 AM »
The combined boiler room rumble plus the periodic sparking makes it difficult to hear later sounds, like the music box on the third floor, until you're almost right on top of it.

I don't see or hear either, so your installation must be glitched...

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #183 on: September 09, 2018, 07:55:03 PM »

I don't see or hear either, so your installation must be glitched...

Okay, thanks. Guess I'm reinstalling. :)
Ian A. A. Watson

Offline Peyote

• Fledgling
« Reply #184 on: September 11, 2018, 08:57:07 AM »
Hey guys this is my very first time i play this game and i just bought the game today from GOG which included ver 9.5 of this patch and i also download the latest version of this patch and install it, but when i run the installer there are several options i need to choose (tick) and i have to idea what it does, can you guys help me choose which one should i tick and not?
Here the screeenshot
https://imgur.com/5FKkGdf
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 08:58:44 AM by Peyote »

Offline Barabbah

• Ancillus
« Reply #185 on: September 11, 2018, 01:54:06 PM »
Plus Patch: restoration pack (cutted contents, good stuff)
No changed blabliblu: selecting any of them don't install that feature on the Plus Patch
Patches Extras: a walkthrough of the game and transcriptions of ingame stuff
Player Mods: adds some extra mods in the Player_Mods folder (you still have to install them manually, each comes with their instructions), not needed but you can select it and see each one if you like/need
Developer Tools: the programs the modding community created over the years. Only for expert modders

Player Mods or Developer Tools (don't remember which) also have all the concept arts the community could found (very interesting stuff)

Offline Peyote

• Fledgling
« Reply #186 on: September 11, 2018, 02:18:44 PM »
Plus Patch: restoration pack (cutted contents, good stuff)
No changed blabliblu: selecting any of them don't install that feature on the Plus Patch
Patches Extras: a walkthrough of the game and transcriptions of ingame stuff
Player Mods: adds some extra mods in the Player_Mods folder (you still have to install them manually, each comes with their instructions), not needed but you can select it and see each one if you like/need
Developer Tools: the programs the modding community created over the years. Only for expert modders

Player Mods or Developer Tools (don't remember which) also have all the concept arts the community could found (very interesting stuff)

So we cant install no changed audio, particle etc if i choose to install plus patch right?
How about patch extras do you recommend it to install?
So plus patch only add more content in game not remove or remake content from vanila game right? because i am afraid this plus patch going to remove vanila content from the game since this very first time i play this game.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 02:20:28 PM by Peyote »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #187 on: September 11, 2018, 03:05:12 PM »
So we cant install no changed audio, particle etc if i choose to install plus patch right?
You can only select these things when you install plus patch.
Normally the plus patch installs some new sounds and music that was composed by Rick Schaffer for bloodlines but didn't make it into the game. When you select "no new audio" you remove these new sounds.
The plus patch also has casting animations for some disciplines and changes some levels of Dominate, Dementation and Thaumaturgy. You can select not to install this. (I'd recommend it if you want to makeyour first playthrough with plus.)
If you use SweetFX or ENB you should install the presets, and if you have Linux get the scripts. Other than that, I think not.
So plus patch only add more content in game not remove or remake content from vanila game right? because i am afraid this plus patch going to remove vanila content from the game since this very first time i play this game.
The plus patch only adds content and makes a few changes concerning quest rewards and similar, but nothing earth shaking. But because of the new maps added bythe plus patch it might be a good idea to start with basic.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Peyote

• Fledgling
« Reply #188 on: September 11, 2018, 04:41:39 PM »
You can only select these things when you install plus patch.
Normally the plus patch installs some new sounds and music that was composed by Rick Schaffer for bloodlines but didn't make it into the game. When you select "no new audio" you remove these new sounds.
The plus patch also has casting animations for some disciplines and changes some levels of Dominate, Dementation and Thaumaturgy. You can select not to install this. (I'd recommend it if you want to makeyour first playthrough with plus.)
If you use SweetFX or ENB you should install the presets, and if you have Linux get the scripts. Other than that, I think not.
The plus patch only adds content and makes a few changes concerning quest rewards and similar, but nothing earth shaking. But because of the new maps added bythe plus patch it might be a good idea to start with basic.

Thanks for the explanation. Are you recommended new player (very first time playing this game) to install plus patch and extras patch? Or i should finish the game first then install these two?
Also i have gog version, should i run the game from patch shortcut or any shortcut to make patch run?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 05:07:53 PM by Peyote »

Offline deicide

• Ancillus
« Reply #189 on: September 11, 2018, 06:09:23 PM »
I would recommend the Basic patch only for the reason that I dislike some gameplay changes and introduced bugs in Plus such as regeneration removal in the favor of broken Bloodheal, nerfed disciplines, messed up books, buggy Tremere animations, broken Chalice and items with bonuses and the damn revolving door at Confession.
Some extra content works fine, so I've ended up backporting it here and here into 1.2 for myself, not mod, but just a hack for the current playthrough.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:37:11 PM by deicide »

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2018, 12:40:16 AM »
My recommendations for a first playthrough:

- Go with Basic (bugfixes only), not Plus (restored content)
- Don't play a Malkavian or a Nosferatu, but the other five Clans are fair game.

On a later playthrough:

- Install Plus.
- Any of the seven Clans, including Malkavians or Nosferatu. Malkavians have different dialogue options, some of which are spoilery. Nosferatu are walking Masquerade violations, so the gameplay is a big departure from the other clans. Playing Nos is kind of playing on hard mode.
Ian A. A. Watson

Offline Peyote

• Fledgling
« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2018, 05:31:33 AM »
Okay guys thanks for the recommended. Its time to play the game.  :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

* Game Files