collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.0 released!  (Read 19369 times)

Offline TheIncredibleKraken

• Fledgling
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.0 released!
« Reply #165 on: July 09, 2018, 03:02:07 PM »
Here's one of the guard lines recorded by him. He included several versions of the line.

Well, that sounds pretty good, but I think the difference isn't big enough to change this so many years into the patch :). But I suggest you should contact burgermeister right now and ask him if he needs some voice overs done for the upcoming CQM 4.0! And keep your friend close for when we will need voices for the Bloodlines Prelude projects, or others ;)...

What's the best way to contact burgermeister?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #166 on: July 09, 2018, 03:13:27 PM »
What's the best way to contact burgermeister?

Check his facebook page or look in the CQM readme for an email adress...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #167 on: July 09, 2018, 04:09:16 PM »
@DDLullu: I found and fixed the Jezebel problem myself, it was texture and not model related :)!

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #168 on: July 11, 2018, 07:35:06 PM »
Thanks, it must have created a pyc when I started up to the character screen.

I've been working on some emails for Bertram's PC for the player to find. He must have been contacted by LaCroix, just like Mercurio. They each were part of LaCroix's plan to handle the Sabbat warehouse. He clearly set the Player an email and must receive them from his master in the Ventrue tower (whether that's LaCroix or not). A laptop on Mecurio's take similar to Carson's might be cool. Do you have an extra PC model for Mercurio or can those be reused?
Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #169 on: July 11, 2018, 08:08:44 PM »
Do you have an extra PC model for Mercurio or can those be reused?

There are several PC models in the game from old to new to laptop and any of them can be used with new definition files.

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #170 on: July 11, 2018, 08:44:20 PM »
Great thanks.

Mecurio.dlg line 165 allows you to leave dialog without giving Mecurio a chance to ask the player to not tell anyone he failed and offering to gear the player if they keep quiet. I got there by giving him the numb juice which I already had in inventory.

Edit: It would probably be easiest to just remove line 165 from that dialog tree.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 08:50:48 PM by Acleacius »
Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2018, 08:58:33 AM »
Edit: It would probably be easiest to just remove line 165 from that dialog tree.

I don't like to remove stuff so I gave that line the same condition treatment like the others...

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2018, 10:33:42 AM »
Cool.

It might be more trouble than it's worth but if your in the Beach House map, looking down at the beach you can't see Lily if she's back.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2018, 11:59:02 AM »
It might be more trouble than it's worth but if your in the Beach House map, looking down at the beach you can't see Lily if she's back.

Fixed, I forgot to remove the Thin Bloods from there after they are gone anyway...

Offline Griezz

• Fledgling
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2018, 02:20:19 AM »
I just wanted to point out something that I noticed with Histories as they are in the current Plus patch. With the Tremere histories, there is:
- Infernal: Thaumaturgy x4, Auspex 1/2 dur. & Dominate max 3
- Eldritch Prodigy: Thaumaturgy +1, -1 XP on XP Rewards > 2
- Affinity for Magic: Thaumaturgy x4, -1 XP on XP Rewards > 2

Here's the issue. If I'm reading the above histories correctly, then honestly, Affinity for Magic is completely worhtless. See, if we don't use the beginning point in Thaumaturgy, we'd need to spend 5+10+15+20 or 50 points to max out; if we do spend the point there, maxing out would cost 10+15+20 or 45 points.

Now, let's assume that we use the x4 scale. That would mean that we'd be paying 40 (4+8+12+16) or 36 (8+12+16), a savings of 10 or 9 points. On the other hand, if we used the history with a bonus in Thaumaturgy, the costs would be changed to 30 (5+10+15) or 25 (10+15) if we used the beginning point on top of the bonus point, a savings of 20 points.

That means that, between Affinity for Magic & Eldritch Prodigy, for the exact same penalty (of roughly 21 points over the course of the game), you can save 10 points (Affinity) or 20 points (Prodigy).

That means that, while you basically break even with Prodigy, you lose a lot more with Addicted to Magic. Would this qualify as "unbalanced"?

And by the way, has it ever been established WTF the Malk history of "Deaf" is all about? If it can't be explained, should it not be removed?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2018, 11:41:19 AM »
That means that, while you basically break even with Prodigy, you lose a lot more with Addicted to Magic. Would this qualify as "unbalanced"?

You are right. I had to make that history up, as Troika accidentally copied a wrong description over. I have now replaced the penalty with higher scholarship costs! Also not all histories are supposed to even out, some should give a new challenge I believe.

And by the way, has it ever been established WTF the Malk history of "Deaf" is all about?

Not really, in the file you find the description "Deafness? (-Perception?) Luck modifier?" As there is no deafness or luck in the game I raised Humanity and added a max limit of 3 for Perception...

Offline ShannonB

• Fledgling
« Reply #176 on: August 11, 2018, 04:39:47 AM »
Hello Everyone.

First I'd like to thank all of the modders out there for all of the great work that they have done with this game. I bought this on disk when it came out, ended up losing it (& all my other video game collection) in storage about 4 years ago.

I recently repurchased this game from GOG. It took me 48 hours straight to get it to even run on my laptop. But due to the wonderful work from other fans' tutorials, I was able to get it to run & even install a few mods too.

I recently downloaded the UP 10.0.

I'm not sure if this was covered earlier, if so, I apologize. Has anyone else had issues choosing the male Malkavian? At first, it had pink squares on the model. It also seems to crash to desktop, but only with this model.

I attempted to use a skins mod to correct the issue but had no luck.

The game runs on the vanilla version, the Camerilla edition, The Final Nights edition, & The Clan Quest mod.

I have not gotten The Companion mod or Antiribu to work yet either. (Still working on those)

Any advice would be appreciated. All the other versions of the UP patch have worked flawlessly... Thanks Wesp5!!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2018, 06:00:30 AM »
Any advice would be appreciated. All the other versions of the UP patch have worked flawlessly... Thanks Wesp5!!

I don't think I ever touched the male Malkavian model so any missing textures can't be from the patch. But as you list all the mayor mods, you don't try to merge them, do you?

Offline ShannonB

• Fledgling
« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2018, 06:24:18 PM »
****************Update Solved***************************

After another attempt with a clean install of the GOG version of VTMB, I managed to get all of the main mods to work (CE, TFN, CQM, & UP 10.0) I think that I did not remove all of the content the last time & that caused the issues with the male Malk model. It's perfect now.

I have given up all hope for ever getting Antitribu, the PnP mod, or the Companion mods to ever work. Quite frankly, I am exhausted trying. I think that I will just be thankful for what I have & leave well enough alone.  :smile:

I do want to thank Wesp5 for all of his help & fast responses. Also the rest of the VTMB community for the hard work creating  numerous tutorials. With my limited system resources (See Below), getting this game to even run was a big challenge.

Processor Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N450 @ 1.66GHz 2.4 2.4

Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB 4.7
Graphics Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 3.1
Gaming graphics 256 MB Total available graphics memory 3.0
Primary hard disk 14GB Free (83GB Total) 5.1
Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1

System   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD (MSI)
  Model MS-N014
  Total amount of system memory 2.00 GB RAM
  System type 32-bit operating system
  Number of processor cores 1
  64-bit capable Yes

Storage   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 139 GB
  Disk partition (C:) 14 GB Free (83 GB Total)
  Disk partition (D:) 52 GB Free (56 GB Total)

Graphics   

Display adapter type Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150
  Total available graphics memory 256 MB
        Dedicated graphics memory 0 MB
        Dedicated system memory 64 MB
        Shared system memory 192 MB
  Display adapter driver version 8.14.10.2230
  Primary monitor resolution 1024x600
  DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

No sir. I learned quickly that that was a big mess.  :smile:

I run each mod from their own subfolder using a .bat file. The reason for this is because the laptop that I am currently using does not have a decent graphics card. Instead, it has an integrated chip set.  :facepalm:
So until I can make the last payment on my good computer that is in layaway, this will have to do. At least it isn't my husband's old Dell that is running Windows XP, haha.

I use the 3d excelerator program with the Razor Cortex program to get the game to run on my computer.

If, as said above, you never touched the male Malkavian models, then it must be something that I have done on my end.

Last night after posting this, I attempted to install the Antitribu mod again... Epic fail. So I had to do another clean install anyway.

Thank you so much for your fast response.

I read somewhere, that there were talks about another type of Vampire project in the works. If so, I look forward to seeing how this turns out.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 12:13:11 AM by ShannonB »

Offline Soilie

• Neonate
« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2018, 08:10:19 PM »
Has something changed after this post (about unrestored content) on Steam? http://steamcommunity.com/app/2600/discussions/0/361787186438774759/#c357284131783366661
I know about throwing weapon slot and remember seeing modern golden computer somewhere. Anything else?

* Game Files