collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.0 released!  (Read 19306 times)

Offline TapokSmerty

• Fledgling
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.0 released!
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2018, 09:47:38 AM »
What do you mean by Steam content?

I'll just post the necessary files for translation in the form of zip archive. I want to post a link on this page  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=797529599

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2018, 02:43:06 PM »
I want to post a link on this page  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=797529599

Oh, I didn't know about that. Also you need to contact Psycho-A first if you want to update his translation! I think you can reach him via PM from here...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2018, 07:37:05 PM »
Hi everyone, the UP 10.0 final has been uploaded to The Patches Scrolls: http://patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647/7/74916

Modified changelog for final:
+Made Ocean House diary and Lily's and VV's photos fit description.
Fixed female casting hands, object and NPC models, thanks DDLullu.
Restored some safety windows and fixed minor map and text details.
Fixed character sheet hunter models and updated free view weapons.

Offline argikt

• Methuselah
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2018, 04:49:29 PM »
Nice!!

Thanks for your dedication!

Offline Nym Moondown

• Fledgling
« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2018, 03:13:43 PM »
I cannot remember...to have the best from the patch, should I install or not Plus Patch and Patch Extras options?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2018, 03:27:16 PM »
I cannot remember...to have the best from the patch, should I install or not Plus Patch and Patch Extras options?

For the best experience install plus, but not the suboptions which revert some changes. Patch Extras are only needed if you want to develop or improve graphics...

Offline The Raven

• Tremere Councilor
  • Fledgling
  • Too brilliant for introductions.
    • 7Smoke Gaming
« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2018, 12:20:09 PM »
Hey, Wesp!
First off - I'm a huge fan of your work and this seems to be the greatest UP yet.
I really admire how you've dedicated your free time to support and improve a game that you didn't even create in the first place.
As one of the many, many "cult" fans of this game I would just like to say THANK YOU (but even in caps, the words don't seem big enough).

Now that that's out of the way, I'd like to report a glitch, in case you decide to keep working on the UP.

Not sure if this is a known glitch:
I am currently playing with just the UP Plus installed (well, that and a lot of texture and NPC model replacements), so it can't be from another mod.
I got to the quest in the Hollowbrook Hotel and I see you've added a shortcut that lets you skip everything and go straight to the boss. It's a nice touch, I even took the long way around to see if you've put any items worth collecting and I didn't see any (not even the Tal'Mahe'Ra Blade which is there in the vanilla version), so that's cool. The problem is if I take that shortcut, I find Heather there, even though I told her to stay indoors. I even checked the console and G.Heather_Indoors was set to 1 as it should be.
Nothing happens to her, the dialogue (or should I say monologue) where your character says their final words to her still triggers but her model just stands there idly (I had Auspex on).
That's the other reason I took the long way around - because I was afraid it might make her disappear from my haven.

EDIT: I just checked again and taking the long way around results in the same outcome but Heather was still safely in my haven after the quest was completed.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 04:01:24 PM by The Raven »
There's one right here for you not to trust.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #157 on: June 28, 2018, 09:51:50 PM »
Sorry, but I can't reproduce this. If I set G.Heather_Indoors = 1, she is not there for me...

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2018, 03:52:15 AM »
Thanks Wesp and all, for the hard work bringing UBP 10!  :rock:

Ooc, did you intend to leave the vamputil.pyc in the /python directory? Iirc, the .pyc files are usually deleted in the patches. Just wondering if I need to keep it for some special reason.

Edit: What is the highest story state? I'm going to try a different fix to stop McFly. Iirc, my previous fix of 'commenting out' 6 lines in each haven, no longer works after a recent change to the vamputil.py format.
original
Code: [Select]
    if(G.Story_State >= 130 and G.Heather_Haven and not IsDead("Heather") and G.Heather_Gone == 0 and G.Story_State < 175 and not G.Heather_Lure):
potential fix
Code: [Select]
    if(G.Story_State >= 400 and G.Heather_Haven and not IsDead("Heather") and G.Heather_Gone == 0 and G.Story_State < 0 and not G.Heather_Lure):
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 04:08:07 AM by Acleacius »
Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #159 on: July 07, 2018, 12:20:36 PM »
Ooc, did you intend to leave the vamputil.pyc in the /python directory?

There are no pyc files in my patch version, but if you installed on top of your game the old pycs are not deleted but just overwritten.

What is the highest story state?

That would be 125...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #160 on: July 07, 2018, 01:13:09 PM »
@DDlullu: I hope you still monitior these boards. Could you do something about this model issue:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/2600/discussions/0/1726450077686516411/

Offline TheIncredibleKraken

• Fledgling
« Reply #161 on: July 08, 2018, 08:10:29 PM »
Wesp would you be interested in a higher quality voice actor for the tutorial security guard?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #162 on: July 08, 2018, 08:58:10 PM »
Wesp would you be interested in a higher quality voice actor for the tutorial security guard?

That depends. If you think you can do it better, just try and send me the result!

Offline TheIncredibleKraken

• Fledgling
« Reply #163 on: July 09, 2018, 01:13:14 PM »

That depends. If you think you can do it better, just try and send me the result!

Just so you know its not actually me. It's a friend of mine who's looking to do voice acting work.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7hwtp079yv5wkmi/Kraken%20lines.wav
Here's one of the guard lines recorded by him. He included several versions of the line.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #164 on: July 09, 2018, 02:53:54 PM »
Here's one of the guard lines recorded by him. He included several versions of the line.

Well, that sounds pretty good, but I think the difference isn't big enough to change this so many years into the patch :). But I suggest you should contact burgermeister right now and ask him if he needs some voice overs done for the upcoming CQM 4.0! And keep your friend close for when we will need voices for the Bloodlines Prelude projects, or others ;)...

* Game Files