collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.0 released!  (Read 5036 times)

Offline argikt

• Ancillus
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.0 released!
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2018, 07:58:24 AM »
I have read that you has not included a freeroam option after the end.
I would like that you will include it (perhaps an option in the installer), it will open the possibility of add post-end content...
I really would like!! :smile:

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2018, 08:51:26 AM »
I would like that you will include it (perhaps an option in the installer), it will open the possibility of add post-end content...

I can't image what you would gain compared to adding content before the end game. All important NPCs would have vanished because of missing voice-overs! Which would be really stupid, like why would Strauss or Isaac or Nines not discuss what happened to LaCroix and Ming?

Speaking of which, the feedback regarding the penalty changes for the Tremere here is minimal so I don't think I will do it. This won't make much difference to people playing Tremere as a mage anyway and if someone really wants to do it, he only needs to edit two files which is easy.

Offline argikt

• Ancillus
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2018, 08:58:33 AM »

I can't image what you would gain compared to adding content before the end game. All important NPCs would have vanished because of missing voice-overs! Which would be really stupid, like why would Strauss or Isaac or Nines not discuss what happened to LaCroix and Ming?

Perhaps player leaves the city and starts a new plot... how knows? Sometimes I thlugh about dev a new plot post-vanilla-end but since I don't how avoid game ends after the jack & caine cutscene I forget it.
I really like that this option can be implemented.

Offline Corriguinech

• Neonate
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2018, 11:21:08 AM »
Quote from: The Shadow Man
Bloodlines Thaumaturgy is a getting a bit boring now for me, that's not to say the other Disciplines are amazing. You could never have recreated PnP Path of Blood exactly, it wouldn't work in Bloodlines.
Only the first PoB power (learn things about beings whose blood you've tasted) wouldn't fit, and even then you could simply swap it for some flavour-only effect. The rest have some use. You can use the second dot (force the target to spend blood, one BP activation cost) the way it's used in Bloodlines, third dot would raise your generation and thus expand your blood pool and allow you to use Dominate on low-gen vampires to turn them into your allies or become immune to Dominate yourself for up to ten generations for one hour or one generation for ten hours, or any compromise in-between (I wouldn't say that skipping entirety of Therese's quests is a good thing, but it will do as another example of what could you do with it), fourth dot lets you steal up to ten blood points from a target an the cost of one blood point, and fifth dot is exactly as it is in the PnP, except you need to spend but one blood point once again, and physical contact was imposed in latter editions after first one was steamrolled by Tremere generating blood at will and blowing vampires left and right. Difficulty of the rolls is a problem, but Tremere have many ways to bring it down and increase the dice pool beyond the normal 10 Willpower limit (so one so prepared would be able to exsanguinate an elder with a single Theft use, for example), and Bloodlines doesn't use rolls for Disciplines anyway.
tl/dr: Tremere would be OP with their PnP powers, news at eleven.
Quote from: The Shadow Man
As for weaknesses, the weaknesses for other Clans don't work match up to PnP either.
Not really. Aside from Tremere only Toreador's (literally stunned by beauty) and Gangrel's (permanently(temporarily in V20) acquire bestial features each time they frenzy) weaknesses do not match, but they fit two latter nonetheless.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2018, 02:37:31 PM »
Sometimes I thought about dev a new plot post-vanilla-end but since I don't how avoid game ends after the jack & caine cutscene I forget it.

Besides that I myself don't know how to interrupt the credits which I would need to as I don't want to cut them, any new content at the end of the game is a stupid idea! The players would need to replay the whole game to even get there. I suggest to create something new from the start ;)...

Offline argikt

• Ancillus
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2018, 03:07:11 PM »
I'm not thinking about any post-end content now. (You know why  :razz:)
But I'm confused, you know how to keep playing after credits or not?
Create something new from start is OK, but the point playing after end is keep bloodlines character... Perhaps there's a way to import the character to another "conversion"?
I'm just thinking.... :chinscratch:

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2018, 03:51:06 PM »
But I'm confused, you know how to keep playing after credits or not?

No, as I don't know how to cut the credits and nobody wait for them to finish. But it should be possible to end the game before that, at least some of the endings...

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Methuselah
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2018, 09:44:44 AM »
I have a question, although I don't know if it belongs here.
The quest "Night at the library" seems kind of "limited" in terms of narrative and backdrop. Was it planned by Troika to have a little bit of info on the Lasombra that you fight or he comes off as your standard bad guy with no exposition as well as the ritual that he was trying to perform?
Just being curious. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 10:22:45 AM by Wesp5 »
Me: "I love lollipops!"
WoD ST: "We don't allow lollipops, because we are too dark!"

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2018, 10:32:33 AM »
Was it planned by Troika to have a little bit of info on the Lasombra that you fight or he comes off as your standard bad guy with no exposition as well as the ritual that he was trying to perform?

Sadly we had close to no info from Troika when we recreated that quest. The only thing that Brian Mitsoda remembered was: "The library design never even made it into an alpha stage. It was discussed, part of the level was built, but there was never any finalized quest plans or layout. There was some idea of it being a side quest connected to one of the major characters and the Sabbat, but it never really got beyond that. There was also some discussion of an optional boss there, but that was never designed fully. My memory fails me on a lot of the finer details since it was never a major focus of design."

The major character had to be Beckett because the library card model had his name in it, but the rest had to be improvised. At first we actually had Andrei there but we didn't really like it that you meet him three times so I shifted it to a Lasombra after finding a suitable skin. So of course we have no background for this character or the ritual at all...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 10:37:01 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Methuselah
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2018, 11:51:45 AM »
Was it planned by Troika to have a little bit of info on the Lasombra that you fight or he comes off as your standard bad guy with no exposition as well as the ritual that he was trying to perform?

Sadly we had close to no info from Troika when we recreated that quest. The only thing that Brian Mitsoda remembered was: "The library design never even made it into an alpha stage. It was discussed, part of the level was built, but there was never any finalized quest plans or layout. There was some idea of it being a side quest connected to one of the major characters and the Sabbat, but it never really got beyond that. There was also some discussion of an optional boss there, but that was never designed fully. My memory fails me on a lot of the finer details since it was never a major focus of design."

The major character had to be Beckett because the library card model had his name in it, but the rest had to be improvised. At first we actually had Andrei there but we didn't really like it that you meet him three times so I shifted it to a Lasombra after finding a suitable skin. So of course we have no background for this character or the ritual at all...

Thanks for the reply.

Sounds like a product of the time shortage that befell Troika in my opinion. It would be nice to have a bit more information about the Lasombra and his intent with that ritual (pretty basic at least, like who is he trying to resurrect and why), but maybe some mod could elaborate on the matter sometime in the future. Either way I am glad that we can play it... the broadsword is excellent.
Me: "I love lollipops!"
WoD ST: "We don't allow lollipops, because we are too dark!"

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2018, 06:07:43 PM »
It would be nice to have a bit more information about the Lasombra and his intent with that ritual (pretty basic at least, like who is he trying to resurrect and why), but maybe some mod could elaborate on the matter sometime in the future.

Here is what I thought about it when I made it. At first it was indeed intended to be some kind of resurrection until I noticed that this would parrallel the main plot too much. So in the current version, in which you get some background info from Scott's laptop too, the Lasombra tries to get already embraces or ghouled characters to join the Sabbat cause. The ritual in the cavern is just to prove that they would be willing to sacrifice someone!

Offline Avenger88

• Fledgling
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2018, 08:24:14 PM »
I played the 10.0 last patch (candidate 1) and the FORTITUDE discipline is not working. Tested both Ventrue and Gangrel clans, all the levels of the skill are not working at all (dont add any bonus to soak stats). Its is the plus version installed.

Edit: It seems that i marked the option "no new disciplines" in the installation, and this caused the problem.

There is a solution without reinstalling again?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:36:30 PM by Avenger88 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2018, 10:27:48 PM »
Edit: It seems that i marked the option "no new disciplines" in the installation, and this caused the problem.

I already know about this and have fixed it for the next RC.

There is a solution without reinstalling again?

Yes, open stats.txt and replace all "Discipline (Fortitude)" with "Discipline (Fortitude1)".
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:16:13 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Avenger88

• Fledgling
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2018, 01:45:10 AM »
Thanks Wesp! This game shines too because these incredible patch releases you do. Now i can start my Gangrel Campaign.

I just finished a Tremere playthrough and found 2 issues:

First: In the Society of Leopold quest, on the experience_table.txt says that i gain 2 XP from talking with Professor Johansen (in the walkthrough file included on the Extras says it too) but i only gain the 2 XP for persuade him to tell the secret about the sarcophagus.

Second: In endgame, inside the Venture Tower when i encounter that suicide guard dominated by Lacroix i fight him and kill him but he does not drop the Astrolite(he drops a weapon only), and the countdown keeps until the explosion. I managed to survive using the elevator as fast as possible to avoid the explosion.

Offline Corriguinech

• Neonate
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2018, 02:03:18 AM »
That explosion tends to be buggy. In some of my playthroughs it or the conversation hadn't happened at all.

Speaking of bugs, my Malk didn't get "Missing Data" quest once again. But that happens often enough. Still not as weird as that one time I had to fight half a dozen Brunos or walked in the temple to talk to Ming Xiao and somehow ended in the endgame temple dungeon fight. For some reason this always keeps happening to Malkavians.

* Game Files