collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.0 released!  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.0 released!
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2018, 09:13:26 PM »
I don't think this is still necessary since in v.10 the idle timer is no longer enabled and disabled by the idle scripts.

I'm not aware of that, but as this whole section was done by EntenSchreck for me, you better explain what you mean ;).

If there are problems in Chinatown, maybe the timer on that map doesn't start enabled?

I just did a quick check and the enabled timer is on all Chinatown maps.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2018, 09:34:17 PM »
I have already put the file here look up!

Okay, I thought there was something I missed. Because on my system I get many new model errors when I use those model files which delays map loading a lot and the game hangs if I try to switch clans in the console...

And for the correction of IsIdling() i have put the procedure here in the picture.

I'll add this as an invisible safeguard in case the idle timer isn't working!

Offline DDLullu

• Fledgling
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2018, 11:45:25 PM »
We don't use the models, we use the animations inside those models.  If you have not change anything in the shared folder all you have to do is rename that folder like shared1 and move mine beside it. So you will use my shared folder instead.  Only two line to add in vamputil.py look the readme  but if somebody else change something and don't tell you what he did in the patch no wonder it is not in the path change.

Maybe i should dowload the patch10 to look at it.

Maybe you can try with patch99, me on my harddrive i have up96 up97 up98 up99b2 sometime i have 2 of the same patch but with different options. The loader is fantastic.

edit:I have just dowload the patch10 and yes the timer as change but not the animations. I have not try my animations but it should work . As i said any skin mod should have animation.

edit2:Try it put my shared rename the other shared1 change clandoc000:  the toreador armor0 to malkavian armor0, animations of the toreador working great on the model of the malkavian. I feel releave.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:03:21 AM by DDLullu »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2018, 07:16:58 AM »
Try it put my shared rename the other shared1 change clandoc000:  the toreador armor0 to malkavian armor0, animations of the toreador working great on the model of the malkavian.

I just copied all your files into my shared folder, could that have been the problem? Also some of your files are called "alsequences" with one "l" only. Is that intentional? If so, where are these called from? And did you check if changing the clan inside the game hangs it?

Offline 4ngelgirl

• Fledgling
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2018, 09:12:44 AM »
Just installed the mod - I'll let you know if I stumble upon any bugs, but for now anything seems to be working perfectly fine. Thank you very much for your hard work! :smile:

Offline DDLullu

• Fledgling
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2018, 06:22:19 PM »
I have redownload my own file, unzip it, and put the shared in it, into my UP10. No difference, working great.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words look at the picture below. If you done everything correctly it should work. If it not i don't know what to say.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2018, 09:21:53 PM »
I have redownload my own file, unzip it, and put the shared in it, into my UP10. No difference, working great.

It does work as such and I don't think I made a Python error. But the game freezes when I change the clan in the console and I need that so often during work on the patch that it's a No Go to me! I don't have use for more animations in the patch right now anyway...

Offline DDLullu

• Fledgling
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2018, 01:06:01 AM »
I try VCLAN and VGENDER, my game doesn't freezes maybe you using other commands.

After all the mod replace npc_allsequence, does the same thing but with more animations paths.

Another thing, i am still using loader UP94, i keep adding games directory to it and it works great.

I have make myself a little window to choose between them.(a little picture below)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2018, 10:24:39 PM »
And a small update to release candidate 1: http://patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647/7/74904

Updated Changelog:

+Corrected walkthrough taxi at the museum and TV in Skyeline haven.
Fixed Andrei's hands and some cutscenes models, thanks to DDLullu.
Corrected problems with tutorial vampire enemies and disciplines.
Fixed LaCroix particles and hid floating Masquerade cutscene NPCs.

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2018, 01:25:27 AM »
something cut my eye few days ago, in the end of game when prince trys to dominate you there is no effect! shouldn't there be one?

Hm, I'll have to check that out too. IanW, what do you think? Should there be particles if the Domination fails?

My thought to indicate some form of Dominate going on would be to make the Prince's text blue, like the Dominate text the PC has, but that's probably not possible.

In game terms, even if the effect fails, the Prince would still be "casting" Dominate, so I it'd make sense to illustrate that with a brief particle effect, sure.

what does Animal Ken do? makes other animals in game attack hostiles?

Quoting from V20:

"You can understand animals’ behavior patterns. This Skill allows you to predict how an animal might react in a given situation, train a domesticated creature, or even try to calm or enrage animals.

• Novice: You can get a domesticated horse to let you pet it.
•• Practiced: You can housebreak a puppy.
••• Competent: You could train a seeing-eye dog.
•••• Expert: Circus trainer
••••• Master: You can tame wild beasts without benefit of supernatural powers."
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2018, 08:27:12 AM »
My thought to indicate some form of Dominate going on would be to make the Prince's text blue, like the Dominate text the PC has, but that's probably not possible.

Yes, otherwise Troika would have used it the times that LaCroix Dominates you successfully. They used particles instead...

In game terms, even if the effect fails, the Prince would still be "casting" Dominate, so I it'd make sense to illustrate that with a brief particle effect, sure.

... which I have replicated in the patch now :)!

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2018, 09:16:02 AM »
Is there a way to make these particles visible if you are in 3rd person view when the dialog starts?
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2018, 11:32:51 AM »
Is there a way to make these particles visible if you are in 3rd person view when the dialog starts?

Are you saying you don't get any in that case? I never checked that as I play first person mostly...

P.S.: I tested this now and you are right. I tried adding the third person particles, but it didn't work, so I guess we are out of luck. Only if you play third person you probably never noticed it anyway ;).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 04:46:30 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline DDLullu

• Fledgling
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2018, 01:26:02 PM »
It's me again, i have make some changes in some models that can be useful for the UP or for any mods using the patch.

First, Lacroix: his eyes poke through his skin, in the theatre it's very apparent. I push his eyes, problem solve.
Julius, same as Lacroix,  i push his eyes because they show trough the skin (it's difficult to see but when the fire light well his face we can see it.)
Carson and Yuki show some white when they speak. Repair the UV for them, look good now.

The curtains in the theatre, well yesterday i flat them (it was about time i do it) so it's more fun to walk in the catwalk.

I make the Pearl of Dubai and the ugly thing from the tsimisce animate when you look at them in inventory.

I have include the texture for the cigar so it will light (no color) in the theatre. I have also include the mdl and texture for the cigar in the theatre. Only that cigar will show red in game and you can install it in the vampire folder and it will show in every patch. I prefer that even if it's not realistic, it's cool!

Oh and last must but not least Venus: I dont know if you remember the video when they show a scene censored with her, well i restore it. When you will speak with her you will have a chance(or two) to see it in the patch.

I am finish for now not too painfull! (remember you can install any of that in the UP even if they not make it for the patch)

PS:The censored clip can be found in the bloodlines files videos section. The video is the Bloodlines beta(1) in the Bloodlines videos(1) pack at about 8 minutes of the video.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 06:34:56 PM by DDLullu »

Offline The Shadow Man

• The shadow that haunts the mind
  • Methuselah
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2018, 04:25:41 PM »
Bloodlines really always has more things to fix, good work  Offline DDLullu. Venus had something censored?

* Game Files