collapse

Author Topic: Unofficial Patch 10.0 released!  (Read 28813 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: prince2dlg bugged 1151
« Reply #195 on: September 27, 2018, 10:27:27 PM »
steps to reproduce:
G.Story_State=100
map la_ventruetower_1
talk to Prince

This works correctly out of the Kuij-Yin ending cutscene and then it is fine!

Offline miracle.flame

• Ancillus
Re: Unofficial Patch 10.0 released!
« Reply #196 on: September 29, 2018, 10:39:03 AM »
Sorry for the false alarm...

This bit is rather odd though:
lily.dlg
{   274   }{   Because money rules the world. Better cash your junk in then...   }...{   0   }...{Because the green rules everything. Sell your trinkets to get some...   }

Dialogue ends abruptly and items disappear from the inventory without any notice.

Shouldn't this be linked to 281 just like 264 is?
{   264   }{   You probably want your stuff back then. Here, take it...   }
{   281   }{   Thank you.   }#
{   282   }{   Keep your love alive. Goodbye.   }

We have also added something to the text to be more like "Because money rules the world. Here you are, better cash your junk in then.." "Because the green rules everything. Here, sell your trinkets to get some..."

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #197 on: September 29, 2018, 03:10:28 PM »
We have also added something to the text to be more like "Because money rules the world. Here you are, better cash your junk in then.." "Because the green rules everything. Here, sell your trinkets to get some..."

This is intended, but you are right, it might be a bit hard to understand. How about this version? "Because money rules the world. Here, better cash this junk in then..." and "Because the green rules everything. Sell these trinkets to get some..." It should be clear to the player that these are her own things! Or is there an ebay analogon in the WoD?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 03:20:11 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline miracle.flame

• Ancillus
« Reply #198 on: September 29, 2018, 07:30:54 PM »
Whatever you see fit. You suggestion is very fine, much better indeed.

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #199 on: September 30, 2018, 06:55:57 AM »
How about "Because money rules the world. Here, take this junk and cash it in..." and "Dead presidents rule. Take your trinkets and turn them green..."

I don't know if there is ebay in the WoD, but in Santa Monica there is Trip...
So for extra nasty players you could even add a line in the tones of: then I'll pawn your junk in to get some money from you.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline miracle.flame

• Ancillus
« Reply #200 on: September 30, 2018, 07:51:35 AM »
Now that I think about it, players who never knew this game will not be sure what exactly is mean by "these trinkets" or "this junk" and they will be cautious to pick that option not to lose something from the inventory they might miss... rather stick with "your" ;)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #201 on: September 30, 2018, 09:29:07 AM »
Now that I think about it, players who never knew this game will not be sure what exactly is mean by "these trinkets" or "this junk" and they will be cautious to pick that option not to lose something from the inventory they might miss... rather stick with "your" ;)

You are right, I'll change that back. And I like Malkav's "dead presidents" suggestion for the Malkavian line and will include that part of it too :)...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 09:30:38 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline harryagamez

• Fledgling
« Reply #202 on: September 30, 2018, 09:35:19 PM »
Not sure if it's a bug from the original game or from the UP.

Remember the dog where you have to get the explosives in SM? It keep hurting our character even after dead. If you get anyclose to the dead body of the dog, our character gets hurt.

BTW, If we are using a firearm and we try to picklock, there is a beautiful animation where our character open the lockpick and when it finish it closes the lockpick. Is it possible to reproduce this animation always, even if we are not using a firearm?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #203 on: October 01, 2018, 08:53:28 AM »
Remember the dog where you have to get the explosives in SM? It keep hurting our character even after dead.

That's a bug I'm trying to fix for a long time, seems it is unfixable...

Is it possible to reproduce this animation always, even if we are not using a firearm?

I don't think so...