collapse

* Notice

Important notice (31 July): We have recently recovered from a nearly two day downtime due to an attack. No data was lost or stolen but the server has been reinstalled as a precaution. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. We apologise for the unacceptable inconvenience. Please read here for more information.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Model request to DDLullu and others!  (Read 4782 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Model request to DDLullu and others!
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2020, 04:03:47 pm »
I tested it and it works perfectly, it wont crash the game. Even though the reels appear two sided outside the game, inside they appear single sided.

It looks better now, but still crashes the game for me once you look at it. What map are using to test this? I am using the netcafe because it would fit there...

P.S.: Maybe the location is a problem. The model should go into objects/projector.mdl, not scenery/furniture/projector.mdl. I changed that with VPKTools, but maybe you can fix it in your source?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 04:47:30 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline thewarsend

• Ancillus
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2020, 04:45:04 pm »
I tested it and it works perfectly, it wont crash the game. Even though the reels appear two sided outside the game, inside they appear single sided.

It looks better now, but still crashes the game for me once you look at it. What map are using to test this? I am using the netcafe because it would fit there...

I am using Santa Monica Hub, I replaced it with a car to test it.

As you can see I am standing quite close to it without any signs of crashing.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2020, 04:49:58 pm »

Hm, the car is probably a static prop, but we can only add dynamic props unless we recompile the map. Can you test replacing it with a dynamic prop?

Offline thewarsend

• Ancillus
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2020, 05:02:27 pm »

Hm, the car is probably a static prop, but we can only add dynamic props unless we recompile the map. Can you test replacing it with a dynamic prop?

Can you give me an example of a dynamic prop?

I tried replacing it with bookstack01 and it crashed my game.

I tried to compile the model again as a dynamic prop, thinking that would solve the issue, but I couldn't manage to do that. When I try to compile it as a dynamic prop it I get an error.

I really hate using studiocompiler. Turns out my solid problem cause by that as well.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2020, 05:08:06 pm »
I tried replacing it with bookstack01 and it crashed...

Yeah, I figured as much. I tested it as a static prop and it didn't crash! So I will look for another spot in a map that is already recompiled ;). Many thanks already...

P.S.: The best spot I found is the ceiling of the Malkavian Maze. It's far away that you don't see the low resolution textures and we can have the wheels turn as well :)!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 06:46:29 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline thewarsend

• Ancillus
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2020, 07:50:18 pm »

Yeah, I figured as much. I tested it as a static prop and it didn't crash! So I will look for another spot in a map that is already recompiled ;). Many thanks already...

Thank you. Wish I could do more but like I said, Bloodlines refuses to cooperate with me :)

I was finally able to put interior to one of the cars and it doesn't crash, but as always, it isn't solid. I can do all cars, In fact I can revive some of the junked cars Troika made (those classic trashed cars you can find in the game files) but I need to find a solution first.

Did you check this thread out? :) You will notice everything I used were created by Troika. 100% developers intentions friendly :)
https://forums.planetvampire.com/bloodlines-modding/car-interiors!/

P.S.: The best spot I found is the ceiling of the Malkavian Maze. It's far away that you don't see the low resolution textures and we can have the wheels turn as well :)!

You know what? That's a great spot. Good thinking. :)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2020, 09:45:50 pm »
I was finally able to put interior to one of the cars and it doesn't crash, but as always, it isn't solid. I can do all cars, In fact I can revive some of the junked cars Troika made (those classic trashed cars you can find in the game files) but I need to find a solution first.

What cars? I think all of them should be at the junkyard! Also about solidity and cars in general, the only way I can see is to recompile all maps with cars on them. Which are all the hubs and lots of others which would increase the patch size a lot with little benefit! Where did you get the interiors from in the first place, the taxi?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 10:15:48 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline DDLullu

• Neonate
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2020, 10:40:40 pm »
STOP, i have a news!!!

The studiomdl.exe is not perfect. It's has some wrong datas in the bone aera. I check this and found a cure for the pass through and the crash. I have try it with the car and i cannot pass through it anymore! Below, i include the fix program. You can drop the mdl (made with the compiler) on it or use a new command in the studiomdl.bat file.

Find this in studiomdl.bat in the SDKBinaries folder: call studiomdl.exe -game "%ModDir%" %CmdLine%   
and put that on the next line: call fix_studiomdl.exe "%ModDir%\%MdlFile%.mdl"

You must put fix_studiomdl.exe in the SDKBinaries folder.

This should really be include in the SDK!
I have put the bat file with the fix, it's from SDK v1.80

And here a bonus, i am standing on the hood! Well not me, my avatar is. Try it.

Offline thewarsend

• Ancillus
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2020, 11:11:26 pm »
What cars? I think all of them should be at the junkyard! Also about solidity and cars in general, the only way I can see is to recompile all maps with cars on them. Which are all the hubs and lots of others which would increase the patch size a lot with little benefit! Where did you get the interiors from in the first place, the taxi?

I didn't say they were unused, I said I could revive them, restore them into a brand new state. (and give them interiors and stuff.) I said that, because there is 5 copies of the same car in every road and garage. Some of them look quite nice and they were made by Troika, which is a nice selling point I thought.

I got the interiors from taxi model, which is the only car with an interior in the entire game. I will slightly alter the textures to make it not so obvious of course. (even though no one would have realized it in the first place)

STOP, i have a news!!!

The studiomdl.exe is not perfect. It's has some wrong datas in the bone aera. I check this and found a cure for the pass through and the crash. I have try it with the car and i cannot pass through it anymore! Below, i include the fix program. You can drop the mdl (made with the compiler) on it or use a new command in the studiomdl.bat file.

Find this in studiomdl.bat in the SDKBinaries folder: call studiomdl.exe -game "%ModDir%" %CmdLine%   

Words cannot describe how much I love you right now! :)

Thank to you I can finally start working on the rest of the cars. And Wesp5 will not have to alter all of the maps should he decide to include them in the patch. :)

(whole thing should be like 10mb at most when I finish them.)

Not to mention other stuff this fix will help with. You are awesome to say the least! :)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2020, 11:14:43 pm »

I will include it in the SDK of the patch and the standalone SDK tomorrow. Many thanks!

Offline thewarsend

• Ancillus
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2020, 11:38:53 pm »
STOP, i have a news!!!

For some reason when I try to use it it says:

"Can't open .exe file

Press Enter"

I tried to use it outside the game folder with a fresh copy of SDK and it says:

"couldn't open myfile"

I am not sure why it didn't work for me.

Edit: If I drop a mdl file on it, it works and it works brilliantly, but if I drop it in the SDK folder along with the bat file and try to run it over studiomdl.exe, it gives an error. I also tried manually editing the bat file to no avail.

Wesp5, can you confirm? Maybe it is just me.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 12:10:15 am by endthewars »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2020, 09:51:51 am »
Edit: If I drop a mdl file on it, it works and it works brilliantly, but if I drop it in the SDK folder along with the bat file and try to run it over studiomdl.exe, it gives an error. I also tried manually editing the bat file to no avail.

To check this can you please tell me where to access this from the SDK? And maybe provide some example files. Have yopu tried resetting the SDK yet?

Offline thewarsend

• Ancillus
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2020, 11:38:05 am »

To check this can you please tell me where to access this from the SDK? And maybe provide some example files. Have yopu tried resetting the SDK yet?

I was using the SDK that came with the last patch. I tried resetting twice but it didn't work, I got the same error message.

Then I tried to use the latest SDK I can find from the Unofficial Patch Moddb page. It is probably the same version that comes with the patch, but I thought I would try it. That didn't do anything either.

Lastly I tried to reinstall the game, apply the patch again, but I got the same error message.

When I try to use DDLullu's exe file as its own thing (by dropping the mdl file I created on it like he mentioned) it works without any problems. It only causes errors when I try to use it along with the bat file DDLullu also provided. Just in case I tried to edit the original bat file that came with the patch the way DDLullu mentioned, but it didn't work either.

What example files do you need?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2020, 11:48:47 am »

Some model files to compile and infos on how to do it ;). I never touched models much...

Offline thewarsend

• Ancillus
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2020, 12:07:09 pm »

Some model files to compile and infos on how to do it ;). I never touched models much...

Oh, I am at work right now, but I can send you some files and some directions tonight when I get home.

At least we now have a way of making models solid, which is awesome, I have been struggling with that for years.

For now, if you want to see an example of a working edited model, you can download it below. I extensively tested it and it works brilliantly.

Also, one car down, six or seven to go :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal