collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Model request to DDLullu and others!  (Read 3516 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Model request to DDLullu and others!
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2020, 08:03:02 PM »
If you still need a projector model, I can try to cobble together one. I can't guarantee if it will be solid or not though.

That would be cool! The projector textures already exist and models of the film rolls too. For the solidy I will think of something once it is done!

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2020, 11:18:50 PM »
If you still need a projector model, I can try to cobble together one. I can't guarantee if it will be solid or not though.

That would be cool! The projector textures already exist and models of the film rolls too. For the solidy I will think of something once it is done!

This is what I have so far.

Initially, I was going to use something as a base and modify it to fit, but turns out it is a keystone 8mm projector and it is nearly impossible to find anything that resembles it. So I am literally cobbling together one.

I still haven't been able to find time to texture it, I am clearly not great at this, so if you have any input or if anyone wants to take over, please let me know.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2020, 08:23:33 AM »
This is what I have so far.

Wow, this looks great already! But how big is it? Is this a movie projector for the Asian Theatre or a small film projector for Ground Zero?

I still haven't been able to find time to texture it, I am clearly not great at this, so if you have any input or if anyone wants to take over, please let me know.

Maybe DDLullu or MooCha could help you out. Are you reading this, guys?

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2020, 08:38:11 AM »
Wow, this looks great already! But how big is it? Is this a movie projector for the Asian Theatre or a small film projector for Ground Zero?

Thank you :)

If we are going off the real thing, it is rather small actually:

Maybe DDLullu or MooCha could help you out. Are you reading this, guys?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can post the raw mesh if anyone is interested.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2020, 09:25:41 AM »
If we are going off the real thing, it is rather small actually:

That's great, I could just place it somewhere in Ground Zero then. I already feared it would be a 30 mm projector of something for which I would have needed to rebuild the Asian Theatre map!

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2020, 06:49:20 PM »
Model is mostly finished. It is not perfect by any means but it will do the job.

I tried to texture it myself using the projector texture found in the game files, but it looks hideous no matter what I do. (Like I said, I am not great at this.)

I saved it as a .obj file and attached it below. If anyone is interested in finishing it, that would be great.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2020, 10:32:51 AM »
I saved it as a .obj file and attached it below.

I don't know what to do with an obj file. Unless you turn this into a mdl file the game can use I won't be able to include it...

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2020, 11:43:28 AM »
I saved it as a .obj file and attached it below.

I don't know what to do with an obj file. Unless you turn this into a mdl file the game can use I won't be able to include it...

I think you misunderstood.

I finished the model, but like I mentioned, I did a poor job while texturing. (It just looks bad, original textures are extremely small and I am not proficient enough to map it correctly.) I posted as obj because you suggested DDLullu or MooCha could help and it is a format most software can open.

As it is in a mostly finished state, I could convert it to mdl and send it to you. It would work but it just wouldn't look any good.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2020, 02:33:41 PM »
I posted as obj because you suggested DDLullu or MooCha could help and it is a format most software can open.

Ah, I understand. I pointed MooCHa to this thread in the BL2 one...

Offline MooCHa

• Nelapsi
  • Methuselah
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2020, 03:12:46 PM »
I already seen it. I have no interest in finishing this.

I don't even know if it exports as is and I'm not chasing .mdl down etc on my end. I don't even know where the projector originated from to find an .mdl and have access to base files.

I didn't choose to take this on and I've got other things I'd rather be doing, atm.
Regards...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2020, 05:03:00 PM »
I didn't choose to take this on and I've got other things I'd rather be doing, atm.

No problem :)! @endthewars, as DDLullu only seldom appears here, can you please create a mdl file for me so I can take a look on how worse it is? Maybe I can fix the texture myself...

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2020, 07:08:56 PM »

No problem :)! @endthewars, as DDLullu only seldom appears here, can you please create a mdl file for me so I can take a look on how worse it is? Maybe I can fix the texture myself...

Alright, I will do that in 15 minutes or so. :)

Edit: I made it. Sadly, this isn't even the last version of the mesh I created. This is the same as the one I posted earlier. I think I lost the last one where I attempted to fixed some of the issues with the texture.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 07:45:57 PM by endthewars »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2020, 10:45:36 AM »
I made it. Sadly, this isn't even the last version of the mesh I created. This is the same as the one I posted earlier. I think I lost the last one where I attempted to fixed some of the issues with the texture.

I think the textures are not the main problem here, they look shiny and metallic and that's good enough. But the game does actually crash if you look at the model which is bad of course! Also is there a way to attach the projector_wheels, for which textures exist too?

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2020, 11:52:55 AM »
I made it. Sadly, this isn't even the last version of the mesh I created. This is the same as the one I posted earlier. I think I lost the last one where I attempted to fixed some of the issues with the texture.

I think the textures are not the main problem here, they look shiny and metallic and that's good enough. But the game does actually crash if you look at the model which is bad of course! Also is there a way to attach the projector_wheels, for which textures exist too?

Problem with the textures is, it was made the old fashioned way and it is very low resolution, I don't know how to apply them to model and make it look good. I literally made dozens of different texturing attempts before realizing there is no way for me to make it look not awful.

I can attach projector_wheels quite easily. I am not exactly certain why it crashes the game though, it compiles just fine. Other stuff I created has that solidity issue but they don't crash the game.

I will look into it of course.

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2020, 03:38:50 PM »
Sorry it took so long. Initially I couldn't make the wheels appear in game, but it turns out it was do to the vmt file. Original was set up wrong, so you need to use the one I provided.

I tested it and it works perfectly, it wont crash the game. Even though the reels appear two sided outside the game, inside they appear single sided. I am not entirely certain why that is. Maybe because they are animated?

Either way, it works and it doesn't crash the game now.

Edit: By the way, I found a sound file named "8mm_projector.wav" and it certainly belongs to this projector.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 04:22:42 PM by endthewars »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal